PDA

View Full Version : Introduction is in order

SmallHurst
02-05-2003, 05:26 PM
I would like to take some time and introduce myself to the board. My name is Russell Small and I am currently living in the KC, MO area. My automotive gem in the garage is a '69 Hurst/Olds that currently has 39,xxx original miles on it. I have been playing with it for about 7 years now and I have no intention of selling it. I have been hanging out on several sites and came over here after following Chevy 454 over from the 'pure stock' site on v8 Buick.com. I have always loved the factory muscle, but the Motion cars really get me going. I remember the ZL1 racer that was in the trailer fire on the way to Indy Super Chevy in '91. When they fired that motor over, I had goose pimps for days. Nothing like open headers and the smell of racing gas to get a guy going. Mopars, Chevys, Olds, Buick, Pontiac, and to some extent Fords, if it was tough coming from the factory, I have a soft spot for it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

JChlupsa
02-05-2003, 05:31 PM
ALOHA and welcome to the SuperCar pages. Great bunch of folks here and the help/information obtained here is like-wise.

JoeC
02-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the site. Motion built some olds 442 cars back in the day. There was some type of arangement with a local Olds dealer to sell a special edition Motion Mach I 442. Only a few were built in the short lived program.

John
02-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Welcome aboard!!! I'm sure you will enjoy this board. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Did the 69 Hurst Olds come ...Black and gold?

SmallHurst
02-06-2003, 12:25 PM
I will see if I can post a couple of pictures in the near future, but I can give you some specifics that every H/O in '69 had.

1. The engine was a 455 Olds, with "high flow" heads, exhaust manifolds, Q-jet, and a special curve distributor. The engine was rated at 380 hp and 500 lb/ft of torque.

2. Every one had a special built Turbo 400 trans, 'OH' code, with a Hurst Dual Gate making the shifts.

3. All were painted Cameo White and Firefrost Gold. The cars came off the line and show on the body tags as being all white units. The stripes, hood scoop and rear wing were all added on at Demmer Engineering. All had black bucket seat interiors with Gold painted on the headrest.

4. All came out with 15" X 7" SSII wheels. These were chrome plated rims and had G60-15 Polyglas GT mounted up. This car along with the Boss 429 were the only ones to come with that size tire for that year.

5.Standard axle ratios were 3.42 and 3.91. When a/c was ordered up, 3.23 gears were installed. All units were posi.

Total numbers for the production run were 906 Holiday coupes with 3 convertables made. 1 of the convertables was destroyed in '69, 1 is somewhere in California sitting under a tree rotting away, and 1 is in my friends garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chevy454
02-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Nice to see you drop in, Rusty!

Mr70
02-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Welcome Russell
There is a nice feature article on a 1968 Hurst/Olds in the January issue of MuscleCar..
Nice Cars!

SmallHurst
02-10-2003, 01:28 PM
I have not seen the article. Who's car is that? Like I said, give me a day or 2, I will get the picture of my lead sled on here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mr70
02-10-2003, 01:34 PM
It is owned by a man named Vasco Furtado of New Jersey.It is a 1969 not 68 as I mentioned earlier.
Page 8 of Jan. 2003 MuscleCar Magazine.

SmallHurst
02-10-2003, 01:38 PM
If anyone wants to look back in their libraries, I was in Musclecar Review in June 1999. Actually, it was more the car than me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif