PDA

View Full Version : LATE SIXTIES MICHIGAN DEALER LICENSE PLATES

MotownMadman
02-16-2003, 12:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20278&item=2159908 491&rd=1

I have some Michigan Dealer Plates listed on Ebay, give your Supercar that new look. Great for shows or some states like Michigan let you use old plates to register your car. Above link is for one auction, use view sellers other items option to view the others. Also have 60's vintage Ohio plates listed.
Motown

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

MotownMadman
02-16-2003, 04:06 AM
Somebody (must be from this site) jumped all over the 65 Michigan Dealer plate all ready, have 66,67,69,70,79, left, and other standard plates,(some never installed), sure would look good on a Berger COPO! Dealer test drive!
Motown
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

SuperCars
02-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Okay Matt, I bid on the 69 plate. Whats the reserve?

MotownMadman
02-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Kevin, Let me guess, you want that for a 69 Berger? The reserve on the Michigan dealer plates is $39.95, the 65 plate already hit reserve, if you cant afford that much(LOL)and it doesnt hit reserve we can talk. I just thought these would be kinda cool to give the Supercars that new car look. I think the Ohio plates may also be dealer, the ones with only three numbers and the C, seems to have repeating number year after year. Somebody from Ohio want to interject and explain?
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Belair62
02-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Okay MM....and just what were you doing in Ohio for all those years ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

MotownMadman
02-16-2003, 02:59 PM
Making License Plates! (LOL!) Just kidding, they do that in the state prisons, not the Federal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif LOL!
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Belair62
02-16-2003, 03:59 PM
I knew you would say that...now after all these years...did they EVER free Sonny Barger for cryin out loud....I remember seeing those ads in Easy Rider back then...

MotownMadman
02-16-2003, 04:02 PM
He is free as a bird, got out of F.C.I. Phoenix about 5 years ago, if you are interested I can get you a first edition autographed of his autobiography, New York Times best seller list. Great reading!
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

RonNova396L34
02-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Matt,
In Minnesota, we're allowed to register the original issue plates and they act like a collector plate. No expiration or yearly fees but the car can't be driven on a daily basis. I run those plates on my 70. I had another brand new set of 70 plates that I gave to my friend who also has a 70 Nova L34 who helped with my car and built my motor. His car has helped answer a lot of questions so I gave him the plates for all the times I've had to dig around his car looking for answers. I also found a set for another friend who stuffed a 502 into his 70 Chevelle Convert. Another lawman into Chevys. I think these plates add to the value of your car. JMO.
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif
Kind of cool, I can get away doing burnouts without somebody saying: Hey, How come.."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Belair62
02-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Illinois says you can use YOM plates if you keep the Antique plates in the car....I put whatever I want on and as long as you carry the correct registered plates they usually don't bother you. I usually get pulled over just so they can check out the car...I rebuild the engine on a 66 Hemi Charger and went down Harlem avenue here to see if it was OK...I guess one of our local Officers was sitting on a sidestreet...after he caught up to me he said"what the hell are you doing ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif" I said ...I dunno but it's a Hemi...he said...get out of here and go home.

RonNova396L34
02-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Belair,
He was probably a CHEVY guy and thought you were gonna litter or something with that Dodge! LOL
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Belair62
02-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Actually he was about 23 yearsold and probably didn't even know what a Hemi was ! I happened to make it almost to my house so thats probably why he said GO HOME !!!!I have to admit....it must have looked awful bad to hear a Hemi at full yell going down the street past him ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

RonNova396L34
02-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Belair,
Well, I sure know what a Hemi is. LOL I suppose he couldn't figure out what that weird noise was coming from your car when both 4 barrel carbs were trying to suck the air cleaners through them. Whooooooooo
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

68l30
02-17-2003, 12:49 AM
MM,great plates! The Ohio plts. look like regular plates to me.Most OH dealer plates start with the plate issue number for the dealer,then the dealer specific number.I like the dealer "1" plates..first plate issued for that specific dealer.Do you have any "M" ..(manufacture) plates from Mich? I have been looking for some time now.....

Steve

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Belaire 62

Do you happen to know where a guy can pick up a 64 model 426 wedge engine at a reasonable price.I just purchased a 64 Plymouth Sports Fury that is an original wedge car.Sorta would like to put a 426 wedge in it if I can afford one!If not I will have to put the built 383 roadrunner engine in it for now.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Bobby

Stefano
02-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Bobby,
Is it a Max Wedge Car or Street Wedge? Very Cool cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Belair62
02-18-2003, 12:30 AM
BB396..I really don't know except Hemmings or a Mopar publication..after ownng a couple Hemis I swore I would never have another Dodge...but it's hard to keep that promise sometimes...I love 69 1/2 lift off hood cars.

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-18-2003, 12:50 AM
So far from what I understand it is wedge car,I know very little about Mopars at this time but am searching for more information.According to the information I have received on the trim tag under the A&B there is a 14 and that represents a wedge car,not for sure if it is a max wedge or street wedge.I am going to send the $45.00 dollars to the The Chrysler Historic Society and see what they come up with.I had to buy it after I went to look at it because the body is ORIGINAL and so VERY NICE.Interior is almost excellent except for the front door panels is the only flaws inside the car.There is only 1 rust spot on the car about the size of a half dollar behind the passenger tire on the quarter panel down where it rolls under.I even believe the car has the original black paint on it.Just a few minor dings on the rear trunk trim and 2 small spots on the grill,other than that the trim is excellent except for the red and white paint on the side moulding is faded bad.Go to ebay item # 2400201138 and you can see the car and trim tag information.Rat Pack is also looking to see what he can find out for me also.Car also came with a host of new parts and used parts.The guy I bought it from had a 426 hemi and a richmond 6 speed in the car,he he drove it 1 time since 1987,bought a 69 roadrunner and pulled the 426 out and put it in the roadrunner.He did not know it was a wedge car until he posted the trim tag info on ebay under the description then he had some people notify him it was a wedge car he had to modify the 4 speed hump to get the richmond in .He replaced the front floor pans due to his modifications he made,all I have to do is complete the hump mods back to original if I go with a 4 speed,but I am thinking of going with an auto 727 trans,my Chevelle has a Richmond 6 speed and I would sort of like to have an auto car that my wife could drive to local shows with me.If anyone knows anything about the trim tag info please let me know.I have located a 65 model 426 wedge short block assembly in California but am waiting to hear from the guy on its condition he is asking 250.00 plus shipping for the short block,I am sure it needs a complete overhaul.I just hope the block is in good shape.I would really like to have a 64 model but whatever I can locate.I more than likely will be putting the 383 I purchased in the car for now but would like to take my time and get all the parts I need to build a wedge engine for it.What exactly is the difference between the street wedge and max wedge,is it one has a single carb and the max has the crossram setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Any help would GREATLY be appreciated

Thanks

Bobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Belair62
02-18-2003, 01:06 AM
I love the roof on that year Mopar....one of my favorites...good luck

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Thanks

I think it is a real neat looking car also,Looking forward to starting on it soon.As soon as my Soninlaw finishes his engine for his truck I will have a spot to put it in the garage and get cracking on it.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Bobby