PDA

View Full Version : Houston shooting

82z96ss
02-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Cars, how important are they. Site is vulgar put go down about half way to see what happened in Houston a few days ago over a car.

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?s=d4d34c1b5a23c2dc7efda28213e84e52& threadid=2339&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

whitetop
02-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Based upon the language the people use in this thread is one reason why I hate imports/sportcompacts. I cannot relate to this crowd. Personaly I do not care if the car hobby as I know it dies out after I'm dead and gone. 30 years from know if it's just a few, remaining old white haired toothless men at a car show for '60'70's muscle that's fine with me. Sorry, that is how I feel.

69rsz28
02-18-2003, 04:06 PM
I second that!

68l30
02-18-2003, 04:28 PM
What a shame,I felt this was hard to read and follow.The language is terrible.I'm the first to rattle off a few choice words,but there is a time and place for everything.I can't imagine getting that worked up over anything.Now they have the rest of their lives to reflect on what happened,however long that may be........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Steve

KLONECO
02-18-2003, 04:30 PM
WAY TOO SILLY!!! WHAT A WASTE!! I SECOND THAT ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

KLONECO
02-18-2003, 04:42 PM
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH " LIL GREMLINS" TOO POST!!!! THE DISGUSTED EMOTIONS I AM FEELING RIGHT NOW!!!! OTHER THAN IT IS A TYPE OF "BASHING" "HATRED"...(silly ass [censored]!)!!!!!! THAT MAKES ME.....PUKE!!!!!!!! ....but,,, I AM STILL HONORED TO UP HOLD THIS FLAG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif GOD BLESS US ALL!!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

KLONECO
02-18-2003, 04:50 PM
P.S. .........I STILL SAY THOSE "ALMOND EYES GUY"S" CAN NOT MAKE A SHIRT .THAT FITS RIGHT!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

MotownMadman
02-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, we may not always agree on this site, sometimes we have been known to be short and rude with each other, there has even been some car and people bashing go on here, but after reading what I just read from the Jap Crap site, we should all be proud for who we are and how we conduct ourselves here, for the most part like true gentlemen. If our hobby ever had to resort to this site being like that one....I would never take my cars out of the garage from shame at the idea that someone may realize I was part of that hobby. We have our moments here, but this is a good example of what we have never been or never will be. Everybody from this site should be proud.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

NWYENKO
02-18-2003, 05:23 PM
I only read halfway and had enough!! Then these guys wonder why they are discriminated against when they come blowing into a show! I attended a show in support of one of the local highschools and left after about 20 min. when this language and vulgar music was all that could be heard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifJim

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-19-2003, 01:01 AM
There is always something on the Houston Local News about the import guys.I usually hang out at a James Coney Island with about 75 others on a bad Saturday and 150 on a good one.We have had to get the Police to remove some of these people numerous times due to driving crazy,There is a bad accident on the news usually once or twice a week from these guys street racing, they are playing music so loud and nasty it even makes me BLUSH!! and you would swear I was in the NAVY for At least 4 years at times only! These are some "WEIRD FOLKS" so to say where I come from.The Management at James Coney Island now have 3 police officers patrol on bikes,and have every road out of there cornered in case one will try and run from them.They now write $200.00 tickets for loud music! unless it's 50's music and not too loud which is cool with me.We are beginning to see more and more of these cars in the Houston Area,most are part of some gang or another.If you do not carry a concealed weapon around most places here you are NUTS.There has been a couple of classic car hijackings around also but on the South side of Houston.I hate to say it but if they try to hijack mine they are gonna regret it,and I may regret what I may have to do also to protect myself,I keep a sharp eye out when in a Classic and my daily driver.And You guys thought Chicago and New York were BAD.You do not want to vacation in Houston. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Bobby

hvychev
02-19-2003, 02:51 AM
Guys these are the enthusiasts in my age group. (Teens to mid 20's) TOTAL A$$HOLES!! I do not know alot of guys my age that really like muscle cars. It is a shame. These pukes watch far to many movies. To bad to hear about those kids though.

As far as the behavior and the way members carry themselves on this site it is the best I have seen. (www.boss302.com is good as well.) I am a member of "other sites" and the way people talk on them shows their immaturity and lack of real understanding of the hobby. Most are not real car lovers. You should all be proud for what you have done for the good of the hobby. I can't tell you all how much I have learned in the year that I have been visiting this site. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RonNova396L34
02-19-2003, 04:07 AM
You all could guess my feelings on this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif
Ron

MotownMadman
02-19-2003, 04:26 AM
Geez Ron......,and here I thought you were going to disagree....LOL!
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

RonNova396L34
02-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Matt,
That was a no-brainer! LOL I really wasn't offended by the talk because I deal with that attitude all the time.
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

82z96ss
02-20-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes the talk is bad, but what I was posting was the sad turn of events for the owners of the car. As stated early the adolescenes have a tough gansta attitude that spoils the love for cars. They think words are more potent than motor.

But beware of the quiet kid in the back of the classroom.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

RonNova396L34
02-21-2003, 03:13 AM
Believe it or not, The JUDGE around here thinks we should take that kind of language directed at us as "part of the job!" Apparantly that isn't disorderly conduct. But if they say that to somebody else, well then that's a different story. Go figure. Yes I think the whole story is sad. Stupid things people do before really thinking about the consequences!
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Chevy454
02-21-2003, 08:24 PM
Ron:

I seriously doubt that the "judge" would find it "part of the job" if someone directed that language at him...sounds like a double standard to me. It all leads back to respect, or lach there of, which seems to be a growing problem of today's youth (at 27, I'm not very far removed from my youth, so I have seen it!).

Unfortunately, this import thing is here to stay. The "ricer" shows have pretty much taken over TNN's auto-related shows, which is just one of many reasons that we barely watch that poor excuse for a channel any more.

Now, something positive. As a parent and a muscle car guy, I have been curious if my 2 boys would follow in my foot steps and be interested in muscle cars, big cubes, and performance, or only care about neon lights, the amount of bass, or the size of his wing. Well, I felt a little better about this when I left for work this morning, as my 3 year old was cruising around the feature car pages on this site! He woke up this morning, wanted to look at "race cars" as he called them, I showed him the main feature car page, and he took it from there. He wasn't just checking out that one page, but clicking out each month's page, then backing up, and checking another! He could probably teach his grandfather a few things about navigating the web/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Rob;
That is good news indeed! My 17month old Benjamin now has a 3 word vocab; Daddy, Banana, and CAR!! Don't ask why he doesn't say Mommy yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chevy454
02-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Marlin:

We have the pictures you sent of Benjamin some time back (one of them was in the Deuce) on a shelf here at work, and my boys have to look at it EVERY TIME they come through here! It's always "what's he doing?" and "is that his racecar?"!! Maybe there is hope for us as parents.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Allen
02-22-2003, 12:13 AM
My little girls (3 and 5) like Daddy's Nova. I'm excited about this summer... we can cruise as a family and no car seats to worry about!

82z96ss
02-22-2003, 05:09 AM
My Sam at 8 months drove his 82 Z28. And now at 11 months any time we are sitting in one of the cars waiting on mommy he wants to stand on my lap and move the steering wheel.

I just found out we are expecting another one coming in October. Can't wait to find out which one is going to help me turn wrenches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif