PDA

View Full Version : Any body familiar with Mcdonald Kansas.

ssl78
02-19-2003, 04:53 PM
I am trying to find out more info on my White Douglas Yenko. One of the dead ends is it was owned by Curby Poore in Mcdonald Kansas. It was definetly raced at a race track in the area mid to late 70. What track would be around there? The car was all white since the previous owner had pulled the vinyl top off. The previous owner also said when he bought it in 1973 it still had Yenko badges. So it would be an all white endura bumper Camaro with Yenko Emblems. The previous owner had bought it from Richards used car now richards Corvette in Anglewood Colorado. It was also raced around that area.

hvychev
02-20-2003, 02:49 PM
SSl78 do you have any history on the IL owner that bought the car originally from Douglas Chevy? Did it have any stripes on it when new?

BUIZILLA
02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Go on the V8 Buick board and search for Dave Burns, he lives in McDonald, Kansas, which he says is a VERY SMALL town. He is a mailmam there and knows EVERYBODY.

hth, Jim

SmallHurst
02-20-2003, 04:14 PM
I just looked at mapquest. I grew up in the opposite end of the state and I had no idea where it was! I would say that he would have had to haul to Great Bend, KS for a track to hook up on. Also, Kearney, NE and Denver, CO would be possible locations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

ssl78
02-20-2003, 04:48 PM
No Frank I have a dead end there the first known place for the car is Richards Corvette in Englewood Colorado. I e-mailed them and they wrote back with an address of a person who worked there in 1973 and might remember the car. It was sold back then with 32k miles now has 36k miles so it must have done a lot of sitting in someones garage.

Mr70
02-20-2003, 06:47 PM
I know of a McDonalds in Kansas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ssl78
02-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Thanks Jim, I got ahold of Dave today and he knows Curby and the car very well. It was raced at one time and was called "insufficent funds". Dave talked to Curby today and Curby said he would like to talk.