PDA

View Full Version : #1 ZL-1 intake on ebay....right

Bob Jenkins
02-20-2003, 04:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2404513761&category=33 613

"I bought it a long time ago and was told it came off Fred Gibbs number 1 ZL1 car. I contacted the present owner of the Number 1 Car, Bill Portofield. Bill was very interested but his spending funds were low. Bills lost is your gain to own a piece of history."

ummmmm.........right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

JChlupsa
02-20-2003, 06:26 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Why in the world would someone post that a persons spending funds were low in order to sell an item. Would be better to say Bill passed on the chance to re-aquire the intake and his loss is anothers gain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

JBB
02-20-2003, 06:57 PM
If the vin# is not stamped on the intake (won't be) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif, how can you prove it came off the car? Do you have a photgraph from the day showing its removal off of that car? that is a very large pill to swallow...............Joel

Mr70
02-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Maybe he is a CSI agent and found Bills DNA all over the manifold...
I agree,a poor explanation & Hype.

Jeff H
02-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Not that it really matters, but how would you prove it came off the #1 car? Obviously the date is early enough but that doesn't prove anything. Just seems like a story to try and enhance the value. Now if I could only get Don Johnson to sit in my car while I take a picture so I can claim he owned it at one time. That should triple the value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SS454
02-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey he only wants 20% down within three days. How much does he want for the thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

olredalert
02-21-2003, 02:38 AM
------Intake has been glass-beaded.Kiss of death for me.Will have to reskinned..............Bill S

Maxx
02-21-2003, 02:45 AM
Something don't seam right about this auction? $380 and the reserve is not yet met? Hummm!

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-21-2003, 05:04 AM
I think this guy is full of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif,he is not a very good salesman at all.I don't think too many people in the market that knows Bill P. would believe he does not have the funds to purchase an intake manifold,Come on now!! This guy has just FABRICATED THIS STORY TO TRY TO MAKE A SELL!!And if there was DNA on it ,he removed it when he bead blasted it (LOL),or maybe he is just real gullible and believed the story when he purchased it!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

Bobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif