PDA

View Full Version : Car Trailer

RonNova396L34
02-24-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm starting to look for a open car trailer. I have used a friend's trailer that I really like. He got the trailer from Terry's Trailers out of Midwest City, OK. Does anybody know if they have a web site?

What are some of the other good ones out there? I want the low fenders, dovetail rear, electric brakes, metal flooring, D rings on the trailer for easy strap tie downs and I think about 20 feet in length. My friend's is 18 feet and is just a little short. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-24-2003, 06:45 PM
Ron;
I bought my open trailer as a temp. solution until I get an enclosed version, but I am happy with it so far. It's made by Econo-Trailer - and was obviously a good price! It's a little heavy since it's made with 'C' channel rather than boxed tube, but overall it's a good sturdy unit.

For $1,600 I got; 18' by 102" wide, 2axles with electric brakes on both, dovetail, breakaway box, tongue jack, white wagon wheels with belted trailer tires w/ 'D' load range, low profile fenders, full lights, and D-Ring plates welded into the corners for straps. Not a rolls-royce version, but functionality at it's finest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

andyww
02-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Some links:

Terry's Trailers (http://www.terrystrailers.com/)
Econo-Trailers (http://www.tptrailersinc.com/OpenCarHaulers/EconoTrailers.htm)

Andy

RonNova396L34
02-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Andy,
Thanks for that link to Terry's. That show car trailer looks exactly like my friend's. I emailed them for more information.
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-25-2003, 03:20 AM
Ron
On the open trailer you might want to consider a split dovetail,It means exactly what it says,the dovetail is split in the middle so when you strap a car down in the rear you just ease up in the open or split area and put the axle straps on.It sure beats lying down to reach under the car to put the straps on.

Bobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

RonNova396L34
02-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Bobby,
Thanks for the hint. I'll have to check on that. Yes it is a pain in the rear trying to hook the straps over the axle.
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Mr Yenko
02-25-2003, 05:23 AM
Ron,
I bought that trailer 2 years ago and it is the BEST open trailer that I have ever used and towed with. It is a pricey trailer. Mine came to about $3,500. with the split tail,solid deck,loading lights built in the deck,spare tire compartment built in the front and diamond plate all down the sides and on the tongue of the trailer.The diamond plate on the sides I do think were standard.Also all the wiring under the trailer is in condiut. But an AWESOME TRAILER.Most people have a hard time spending that kind of money on an open trailer when for another 2 grand they can have a basic enclosed. But I already have that and needed a open trailer to move cars around that are too tough to do with the enclosed.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif