PDA

View Full Version : When discussing Trailers, What abt. enclosed

NEW
02-25-2003, 03:52 PM
I have been thinking abt. an enclosed trailer!, what is the approximately price for a nice one, ??

It is to be used with my Duramax 2500 HD pick up, anyone having any suggestions,??

I dont need room for more than one car!

NEWs

PATRICKJOINER
02-25-2003, 04:21 PM
I have a 26' enclosed Pace/Shadow. Great trailer, I bought it used ( about 4 yrs old) & pull it with the same truck you have. Great set up. The trailer I have has lots of stuff most folks do not need, AC/Heat lined walls & diamond plate ramp, etc. These typeof trailers you can spend up to 12K on. A nice used enclosed trailer without all the goodies can be bought around 5K, give or take. Make sure you get the double axles that are heavy enough to take the weight of the car, i.e. 4000 LB. axles. Good luck.

NWYENKO
02-25-2003, 04:54 PM
We have the same tow rig and a 20' Pace that this will be the 5th summer of use. An enclosed trailer is like a truck, once you get it you will wonder how you did without one!! We tow all around the NW and are coming to the reunion with it. We get 12 mpg at 70 mph towing. We bought the interior finish pkg and winch, about $7500. Get the 5000 lb axles. Also the D rings around the entire interior are very handy for moving friends and kids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifJim

Seattle Sam
02-25-2003, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also the D rings around the entire interior are very handy for moving friends and kids. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifJim

[/ QUOTE ]

So Jim,
you strap your kids in the trailer with the Camaro? I would be worried about them rubbing against the Camaro and damaging the paint! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
-Sam

NEW
02-25-2003, 10:15 PM
What are the weigth on the trailers without any load to it?

Any internet adresses?

Thanks!!

NEW

andyww
02-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Some more trailer links:

Pace American (http://www.paceamerican.com/index.cfm?pagename=products_shadow)

A Pace link for Canadians (http://www.primotrailersales.com/shadow.shtml)

Andy

shor
02-26-2003, 12:11 AM
http://www.aluminumtrailer.com/

NWYENKO
02-26-2003, 01:29 PM
NEW, mine weighs about 3200lbs.

NEW
02-26-2003, 02:50 PM
NWYenko

What type of Pace do you have? (shadow Rallye etc)

Do you use it like ball mounted to the hitch, or a goosenec version?

NEW

NWYENKO
02-26-2003, 03:28 PM
20' Regular Pace with deluxe interior and E trac on all walls. Also have a winch which has been used 1 time. I tow it with an EZ lift hitch with weight distribution bars (no sway bar). Tow 5k-6k miles per year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifJim

sYcYenko
02-27-2003, 01:36 AM
That big of a truck go with a 5th whell gooseneck. They pull so nice and are a joy to use VS a tag along.

Good luck. Really no comparison /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

LVCamaro
02-27-2003, 03:01 AM
Agree; gooseneck is the ONLY way. I like Exiss and Renegade trailers, but then I'm forced to say that. Lots of very good trailers out there, but gooseneck sure feels better from the driver's seat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

NEW
02-27-2003, 05:04 AM
What is the approx weigth on the goosenecks in normal size, ?
again what is normal size??
26 feet?

When you guys run gooseneck, is the plate on the car to mount it on, and the electric brake controller the only things you add???

I know lots of questions, but no one here (almost) has anything like this, so i gotta get info from some one over there with you guys;

Thanks

NEW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

LVCamaro
02-27-2003, 05:50 AM
The gooseneck style is usually for trailers over 20', even up to 50'. I usually buy the "kit": bed-plate, flop down ball, reinforcing, chain hooks, bolts, etc. No welding required, but you will have to cut a hole in your truck bed. Placement instructions come with the kit [that's important] and with proper tools...I'd say your first install will take 8 man hours. The electric brake kit is pretty easy, with the way the factory sets up the wiring on the newer trucks [probably another 6-8 man hours]. With the gooseneck, tongue weight is not quite as critical as the tag-a-long...so you don't have to shift your load until it's perfectly balanced. Tandem axles, with brakes adjusted correctly, let's you relax at the wheel. Don't forget... the tailgate is DOWN when you unhook and pull away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Charley Lillard
02-27-2003, 06:02 AM
LV...was that tailgate down a lesson learned ?

LVCamaro
02-27-2003, 06:04 AM
I'll admit to owning a few low-mileage tailgates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

LVCamaro
02-27-2003, 06:08 AM
Charley...do you have an interesting "trailer story" for us?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Something about the tongue receiver being latched, before freeway speeds... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

NEW
02-27-2003, 02:55 PM
Thanks!

So, is there someone of you guys selling new trailers?????

NEW

Charley Lillard
02-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Hey Hey Hey,,reciever was latched and padlocked.

LVCamaro
02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Somebody I know, lost a tailgate that way when his gooseneck hopped the hitch ball. Can't remember who that was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. I heard it didn't do the tool box in the front of the bed any favors either. Just what I heard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif