PDA

View Full Version : Something Funny

SuperCars
03-06-2003, 03:04 PM
This was a question asked on my website. question (http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/cgi-bin/webbbs_config.pl?read=1394) . Tried to answer politely (read my response), as it was a totally innocent question. Also before you agree with the term of the guy's question, remember the name "muncie".

68TopStock
03-06-2003, 05:00 PM
Kevin,

That reminded me of one of my very first times driving my very first car, a '55 BelAir 2dr hardtop. I was out on one of my first drives with the car and was teaching myself to drive a manual car, it had a no name "mickey mouse" three speed shifter on the floor. 2 miles from home, it sticks in third gear, and I can't get it out of gear. In busy traffic, I pulled over, got out and climbed under, and somehow got it out of gear and in neutral. I had my neighbor tighten up the linkages when I got home. Some memories never are forgotten.

Congratulations are in order, on your trip to LaHarpe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Belair62
03-06-2003, 07:07 PM
Kevin...I have an NOS Mickey Mouse shifter which was made under license to Disney Inc. circa 1967....

olredalert
03-06-2003, 07:10 PM
WOW,Belair.........Big money,Ill bet!!!!!!.........Bill S

Belair62
03-06-2003, 07:30 PM
Got it on E-Bay last year

SuperCars
03-07-2003, 01:59 AM
Hi Ken, I thought I'd see you for sure at La Harpe. But I know you've been there several times; it was my first visit there, and pretty neat.

Here's a picture attachment of the Mickey Mouse shifter the guy referenced. It is so long it reminds me of a golf club sticking out of the floor. In 1971-72,I took the shifter out of my 70 4 speed Road Runner, cut about 12" out of it off below the rubber boot. Then welded it back together, the weld was below the rubber boot, and didn't show. Was tight shift then, and worked great.

68l30
03-07-2003, 02:16 AM
Your right about that loooong shifter.I replaced mine with a Mr.G Verti-Gate.I still have the scars from the dash reverse indicater....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Steve

JChlupsa
03-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Kevin, if you ever need a shifter as that one again let me kow I knew a guy in Freeport Ill inos that had a few of them and might still. Hes nothing but Mopar all the way

68TopStock
03-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Kevin,

Had to work last weekend, otherwise I would have been there. It is my favorite place to bring "Little Hoss", as this is "home" every first weekend in August. Glad you were able to meet Helen and Nancy. They are such fine women.