PDA

View Full Version : fly eye air cleaner

musclcar
03-15-2003, 07:18 PM
just recieved a fly eye air cleaner i won off e-bay.it is all there except for the hold down bracket for the carb.i had one of these many years ago and can't remember how it mounts up.does a bolt or carb stud go thru the inner screen then to a hold down bracket or?. i just set it down on my carb just to look at it and boy does that look sweet sitting there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

djunod
03-16-2003, 02:41 PM
There is a upside down U-shaped bar of metal that holds it down. It's a little complicated to hook the air cleaner on, and the popular opinion is that you should NOT drive around with that air cleaner on your car. You should only place it on there for shows... so in that vein... don't worry about how it hooks on, and just set it on there for shows.

If you really want to know how to hook it on, I can take pictures.

musclcar
03-16-2003, 04:11 PM
i'm only going to use it when at car shows.i also removed the foam filter between the screens just want to make sure it doesn't rattle or fall off when someone asks me to start my car at those shows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

hvychev
03-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Are these air cleaners realy that dangerous? I have one and think they are cool. I have a Cowl Induction Chevelle so would not put it on my car but have read posts by other board members that say they are a fire hazard.

musclcar
03-17-2003, 05:56 AM
only if the filter element is put on between the screens it could catch fire if your carb spit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

djunod
03-17-2003, 01:54 PM
And if you leave the filter off so that there isn't a fire hazard... then you have bugs & dirt coming into the engine...