PDA

View Full Version : auot show displays

BEAUMONTBILL
03-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a company that deals in the
various display items that I see at indoor shows. Where does
everyone buy stantions,mirrors ect ect ect.... Need some advice on who to do business with, thanks

03-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Can't remember what magazine I saw it in, but a guy had his show display set up as a big ertl car. It looked great!

Belair62
03-19-2003, 02:17 PM
If you are looking for a simple stanchion and mirror type display I can tell you it was not too easy to get the stanchions and they were not cheap. I found mine at American Hotel Registry which supplies hotels. I'm sure you can hunt them down somewhere else. The Menards and Home Depot stores have cheap framed mirrors.I used white plastic chain to close off the stanchions. If you want a professional built set-up then the sky is the limit...

Don_Lightfoot
03-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Our Club just went through this experience for the Performance World Show in Toronto. The literature of event suppliers provided by the Show Promoters indicated rental outlets for stanchions, carpet, etc. They wanted about $400 to rent ten stanchions for four days - OUCH. I ended up getting them at another "Event" rental supplier for $50. As mentioned above, you can go to extremes if you have the mind to. If this will be an ongoing thing you're probably better off to build some to suit your overall display. Good luck.

BBIGG BLOCK 396
03-20-2003, 03:49 AM
I know a local fellow in Houston that builds stantions .they are of flat plate steel and round bar stock,work very well,tire sets on the flat piece of plate steel and round bar inserts in a piece of pipe and locks down with a set screw and has a round eye on the end for your colored rope.He sells them for 150.00 per set,they will work on any vehicle,simple but good concept,also will in now way HIT YOUR CAR IF PUSHED ON OR LEANED ON,the way it is setup up.If you are interested I can ask if he has any for sale.Some of my friends bought about 8 sets from him and they all like them.They are only painted black but would look very good powder coated or even chromed.Send me a private e mail if interested,I will go see him tomorrow to see what he has availiable.

Bobby

NWYENKO
03-20-2003, 01:34 PM
Bobby, are there 4 or 6 in a set? What are the dimensions of the base? Any idea on total weight? I am very interested in a set. Thanks, Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BBIGG BLOCK 396
03-20-2003, 09:57 PM
The one set that I have is a 4 piece setup,but he does sell a 6 piece setup,the 6 piece setup consists of 2 center sections that stand straight up between the longer sections,the 6 piece is 200.00,the bases are approx 12"X 8" and are made from 1/2" plate steel,all 4 tires set on one piece then the 2 center ones are just free standing.I will try to get a picture of a set and send to you or post it on the site.Everyone that I know that bought a set was very happy with them compared to renting sets.A couple of guys had theres chrome plated and they look very nice!

BBIGG BLOCK 396
03-25-2003, 02:44 AM
Working on getting pics posted for the stantions,should have them by wednesday.

Bobby

BBIGG BLOCK 396
07-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Sorry about the display pictures for you guys.I wound up in the hospital and had to undergo some major Heart surgery again and have been out of pocket till now.I contacted the guy that was building the sets and he is not doing it any more.I will be glad to sell the set I have for I will not be entering any large shows anymore where I will need them due to health problems.You could use the one I have for a pattern if you like to fab them and sell them.There is no kind of patent on these.Just let me know.My wife just started letting play on the computer again for a little,She won't let me play for long,she watches me like a hawk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Bobby

hvychev
07-23-2003, 04:11 AM
Bobby I hope you feel better. Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif