PDA

View Full Version : Sears and their comminent to the Military

JChlupsa
04-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Aloha, Just wanted to let those out there know that Sears is doing more than their part in the war. Though they are not required by law to do so they are allowing their Full time employees with benifits to keep their Life/Medical/Dental insurances coverages while the employee is being called up for duty. I first heard about this and thought is it really true. After a request for info to the Sears Headquarters asking if it was in fact true this is the reply I received back from them:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 7:52 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Info Request <::2NQH4D9H8F8W49T2::>

>
> Dear Mr. Chlupsa,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your support for our
actions regarding our associates who have been called into active duty. We
thought our actions were simply the right thing to do, so we have been
pleasantly surprised by the tremendous surge of support from you and so many
other Americans.
>
> Yes, Sears has extended its program of military pay differential to 24
months. This includes allowing Sears reservists who are full-time employees
to continue participating in the company's life insurance, medical and
dental programs, if they choose. The company will also hold a comparable
position for these individuals for up to five years.
>
> This is not an unusual policy change for Sears. We have extended the pay
differential many times in the past, including for Operation Desert Storm
and, more recently, for reservists called to serve in Croatia.
>
> Sears has a heritage of commitment to families and home. This is a
difficult time for military families, and we are proud to be able to take
these actions to demonstrate support for our many co-workers who are serving
our Nation.
>
> Sincerely,
> The Employees of Sears, Roebuck and Co.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michelle Kachmar
> Sent: 3/31/03 7:50:27 AM
> To: custrel <[email protected]>
> Subject: Fw: Info Request
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say the Tool set that I was having a hard time to determine who to get it from will now be a Craftsman set and Roller.

My hats off to Sears in their support of the men and women called to duty.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

BBIGG BLOCK 396
04-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Thats very GOOD of them especially in this day and time when so many other Companies are cutting benefits for many people.I am buying a new riding mower and I will make it A point to go back to Sears for another Craftsman mower.

Bobby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

whitetop
04-04-2003, 12:12 AM
UPS is doing the same thing. They are paying the difference between the military pay and what they received while working for UPS.

Seattle Sam
04-04-2003, 12:29 AM
I LOVE my big "crapsman" rollaway...

and my new Sears hot water heater, and my new Maytag dishwasher from Sears....

That employee policy is a sign of a stand-up company, I believe they are due for a big comeback (just like our troops, a big comeback, get it?)!
-Sam

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif Bless our troops and bring 'em home safe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

chevelle_ss_502
04-04-2003, 01:38 AM
Hey guys, thought I would throw in a business plug while we are on Sears topic. I work for the company that makes all the Crafstman Hammers for Sears. I am a CAD/CAM programmer for Vaughan & Bushnell Mfg. I am also Proud to say all our tools are Made In The USA!! Way to go Sears I am glad to see companys supporting people instead of hurting them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif