PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Picture of my 69 B/M

SuperCars
04-12-2003, 02:06 PM
I hesitate posting this picture until I actually put the correct hood back on it. I have too many car projects already, and haven't gotten around to this. But it is much cooler with this stinger hood like it came new with. I also have the Motion Work Order showing this Fiberglas hood along with the other Phase III Equipment.

This car was bought new and driven home by Bruce's father while Bruce was in Vietnam. I'm not sure, but I don't believe Bruce has ever seen the original Motion Work Order.

JTH74
04-12-2003, 02:45 PM
Kevin, cool pics of your car, its always interesting to see what you come up with next! Won't you be the first guy with a 69 B-M Camaro,Nova,Chevelle, and Corvette? Great cars and awesome collection! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Charley Lillard
04-12-2003, 02:50 PM
It looks like it has Mudflaps. Are you gonna put those back on also ?

SuperCars
04-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Ha-Ha, NO! But, I'll see if I can find some, then list them on eBay. Someone might believe they are authentic "MOTION" mudflaps.

Born30YrsLate
04-12-2003, 03:54 PM
I'm waiting for Kevin to pull out a '69 Motion Biscayne and have the complete collection of the "Fantastic Five" from '69... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

whitetop
04-12-2003, 04:06 PM
This car was featured back in the mid '80's in Super Chevy magazine complete with the Cragars etc. I believe it had the cowl induction hood on it then.

SuperCars
04-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Yep, the original hood had a cracking problem at the corner of the hood scoop opening. So he eventually put the original Cowl Induction hood back on it. He also spoke of racing suspension/shock damage, as one time the front end came up in a race and when the weight of the car came back down, it resulted in one shock ripping out from the A-arm .

http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/yenko.net/Orig 69 BM.jpg

Rat_Pack
04-14-2003, 02:24 AM
Kevin, did you get the Stinger hood from Milt when you bought the car?..............RatPack..................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

SuperCars
04-14-2003, 03:30 AM
Hi Troy. Yep, I got the stinger hood he bought from Joel, along with the finned Motion Valve covers and some other miscellaneous stuff.

Alwyn678
04-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Wow that is a BEAUTIFUL CAR........The motion cars are my favorite