PDA

View Full Version : All Chevy Show in Seattle

Seattle Sam
04-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Hi folks,
You may remember the All Camaro Show held last August in the Seattle area at beautiful Bellevue Community College. We were pleased to welcome board members SUPERCARS, NWYENKO and Denis, along with a few other super cars which were the centerpiece of our 150-Camaro show. While we in no way rival the Supercar Reunion, we do our best to put on a fun event at which attendees can enjoy one another's cars and company!

This year, we are expanding our show to include any and all Chevys, although I suspect two thirds of the cars will still be Camaros. We are also expanding our activities to include drag racing, autocross, a road rally, tech sessions, cruises, an awards banquet with a silent acution, and more!

The Worldwide Camaro Association folks are attending, and are bringing their 1,000 point judging system with them, awarding platinum, gold, silver and bronze certificates based on scores (although we plan to have no diamond judges, each show entrant will be asked to judge three participant cars).

Our show dates are August 15-17, with the show portion of the events on Saturday the 16th at Bellevue Community College.

I have already talked to people planning to attend from Wisconsin, Las Vegas, California, and even Hawaii! We would love to see you at our event, for more info you can PM or email me, or visit our show website, http://www.allchevyshow.com/

-Seattle Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

JChlupsa
04-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Got my rooms reserved along with my flight for the show. Also include illinois as places people are coming from. My sis and her husband are making the trip. Finally got him out of the Antque Tracker pulls and interested in Chevys.

Seattle Sam
05-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Update - Scott Settlemire will be our guest speaker at the awards banquet. Also Steve S is bringing a truckload of Camaros up to Seattle for our show!
I'm hoping to have a new solid lifter car to show off also..

Rumor has it Jeff C is coming to scout out the area at the end of June, is that true Jeff?

If you're anywhere near the West coast, come on up August 15-17, we always have a blast! Check our show website --
All Chevy Show 2003 (http://www.allchevyshow.com)

-Seattle Sam

JChlupsa
05-24-2003, 09:29 PM
scout the area nah but we will be in the PNW the end of June and taking a drive south to LA kicking back and seeing what i dont get to see here in the islands. Hope you have a big freezer!

Charley Lillard
05-25-2003, 05:34 AM
Stop by on the way down.

JChlupsa
05-25-2003, 05:36 AM
Will try, you still have the engine recall mounting straps for SBC? If so that gives me an excuse to stop without the better half complaining /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Charley Lillard
05-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Probably, if the Dogs didn't eat them.

Seattle Sam
08-04-2003, 03:14 AM
Hey folks, the Seattle All Chevy Show is less than two weeks away. We have 65 rooms rented out at the host hotel, so we're expecting to see a lot of cars from out of state at this one! The Team Camaro website has organized at least one convoy to Seattle, from Cali, and maybe another one from the midwest.

Scott Settlemire will be our guest speaker, and Kevin Suydam has promised to show up (what are you bringing, Kevin?)

Denis G. will debut his freshly completed '67 Z, and Steve S. is bringing five beauties, including a great red COPO Chevelle, the July feature car, ZL1 #23, and a '69 Baldwin-Motion Pahase III car.

And (if the trucking gods smile on me) I will be showing my new '70 RS L78!

If you're anywhere near the Seattle area, come on up to our show, it starts Friday the 15th, main show is Saturday the 16th. Tech in will be Thursday and Friday at the hotel, If you are around Friday night, stop by the hotel and have a brew with us! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

-Sam

For more info check our website,
Seattle All Chevy Show (http://www.allchevyshow.com/)

Mr70
08-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Sam
It sounds like it will be a great Show.Wish I could attend.
Please take good detailed Pix of your L78 Camaro for us,if you can. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

budnate
08-14-2003, 03:48 AM
Ok guys I have to ask since no-one has said what they are doing, Are there any members that plan on running there Super Cars Fri night at the track???
I have been looking forward to this for months!!

So what is everyone planning to do??,
Or do we need to have a kegger in the Hotel parking lot and line them up there???
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Bud.

Seattle Sam
08-14-2003, 05:22 AM
Bud,
There will be brewskies and bench racing at the hotel Friday night. In addition, we have a full schedule of activities Friday...in fact, here is our entire schedule:

Thursday, August 14th
Noon ñ 3:00 PM Day's Inn - Pre-registration
3:00 ñ 9:00 PM Registration and Tech Check

Friday, August 15th
9:00 AM Day's Inn - Registration and Tech Check Opens
9:30 AM Depart for Carb Connection Tuning Tech Session
10:00 AM Depart for Outlet Mall Shopping
1:30 PM Depart for Speedware Motorsports Suspension Tech Session
2:00 PM Depart for Cruise to Snoqualmie Falls
3:30 PM Depart for Drag Race Participants
5:00 PM Depart for Cruise to XXX Drive-In (burgers and cars)
6:00 PM Depart for Drag Race Spectators
7:30 PM Judges Instruction Meeting
9:00 PM Registration and Tech Check Closes

Saturday, August 16th
7:00 AM Bellevue Community College - Field Open for Show & Shine (judged cars)
7:00 AM Vendor Set-up
8:00 AM Registration open for Cruiser Class (non-judged)
9:00 AM Judges Meeting on site
11:00 AM Registration for Cruiser Class Closes
1:00 PM All Judging Sheets Turned In
4:00 PM Show Field Closes
6:00 PM Awards Banquet ñ BCC Cafeteria

Sunday, August 17th
9:30 AM Depart Hotel for Muscle Car Viewing (limited sign-up)
10:00 AM 55-6-7 Show at XXX Drive-In

See you there!
-Sam

budnate
08-15-2003, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
9:30 AM Depart for Carb Connection Tuning Tech Session

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam, is there going to be access to the Dyno???

Bud.

Denis
08-15-2003, 07:00 AM
They'll be dyno-ing one of the cars that show up.

Born30YrsLate
08-15-2003, 12:46 PM
What brand of supercar is that red '68 L88 camaro....a Motion? I have attached a pic from the allchevyshow website 2002 All Camaro Show Photo Gallery - red L88 '68 camaro (http://www.allchevyshow.com/DSC00205.JPG)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Seattle Sam
08-15-2003, 07:01 PM
That car was engine-swapped by Seattle-area dealer Alan Green, who sponsored a few drag racers in his time and built a couple 427 Camaros as well.
Still with the original owner, I believe.

-Sam

Born30YrsLate
08-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Thanks Seattle Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Stefano
08-18-2003, 09:51 PM
I was in Sand Point, Idaho a couple of years ago and there was an original owner '69 Chevelle with a Dealer Installed 427. The dealer was also Alan Green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 12:31 PM
KSuperCars (Kevin) had the Green 69 Harrell car/D Yellow 69 Yenko/Deep water Blue 67 Yenko displayed.

LVCAMARO (Steve) had the COPO RS/COPO Chevelle/69 ZL1/69 Motion Cars there along with his 02 ZL1 car. Man if the parking lot didnt have the speed bumps it had I would have been out the main exit and on the freeway during my time behind the wheel of it . Very nice handling car even if only in the lot

By the way whose trying to steal the 69 ZL1 at "O" dark thirity in the morning

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 12:32 PM
more

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 12:34 PM
more -

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:06 PM
more--

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:07 PM
more---

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:08 PM
more----

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:08 PM
more-----

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:09 PM
more//

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:10 PM
more///

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 01:11 PM
more have about 500 other shots of other Camaros and Cars if anyone is interestined in Tri 5's and all

Mr70
08-19-2003, 01:25 PM
Jeff
Thank You for posting those pix.
Especially at such an early hour in the AM for you.
Any chance you have pix of Steves 69 COPO Chevelle?
Rick

JoeC
08-19-2003, 02:09 PM
nice pics thanks for posting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

LVCamaro
08-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Thanks Jeff, for covering for me on Saturday afternoon when I had to bug out early to rush my friend to the Salt Lake City hospital. I was a little disappointed that you didn't jump between that dumb-a$$ BMW and the R/F fender of the COPO Chevelle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Your resume clearly stated that you'd take a bullet to assure the safety/security of my cars after I left the show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif I'm always nervous about other drivers/cars when I take em out for a spin around town, but who'd a guessed a BMW would take aim at a parked Chevelle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif Oh well...it's been nice knowin' ya [just keep an eye over your shoulder when my boys come a-knockin]. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif My body shop/painter buddy loves it when I'm panicked and need quick repairs, no matter the cost. Hopefully the fix will make the deadline of next Monday to load/go to SCR6. Lastly, thank the guys/gals that rushed my driver's pregnant wife to emergency care for her labor pains. Boy...things got crazy between 2 PM - 2 AM Saturday around my camp!

Special thanks to the mgmt & staff of PNWCC for hosting the show/shine. It was cool to finally meet so many of you guys in person. It turned out more like a "Chevy Chase Vacation" in my little zone, but otherwise things looked to come off smoothly.

Kevin; that Deepwater Blue '67 Yenko is absolutely gorgeous and your Rally Green Harrell is stunning! It was a pleasure to meet/chat with you, and tell your daughter that I've located her a Hugger '02 ZL1 that can be delivered before her birthday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Very cool '67 Z, Denis! "Click"...did the trip to the XXX meet your expectations? I didn't have the heart to tell you it was a Root-Beer Drive-In, not a horny flick. Al; it had to be especially rewarding for you to see so much enthusiasm from so many TC board members. Bud; maybe we'll meet again this fall in a duck blind...I get lots of shootin, but rarely ruffle a feather.

SS

Seattle Sam
08-19-2003, 04:23 PM
Denis' survivor "Z" receiving the judges' scrutiny...
http://www.camaros.net/pnwcc/DSCN0662.jpg

Seattle Sam
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
...and a shot of Steve's fabulous COPO Chevelle PRE-BMW...
http://www.camaros.net/pnwcc/DSCN0670.jpg

Seattle Sam
08-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Here is a truck painted "Omaha Orange". The owner says this was a Chevy color from 1938 or39 until about 1972. This color looks a lot like Kevin Suydam's '68 Dana, said to be painted "truck orange"
http://www.camaros.net/pnwcc/DSCN0623.jpg

Chevy454
08-19-2003, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm always nervous about other drivers/cars when I take em out for a spin around town, but who'd a guessed a BMW would take aim at a parked Chevelle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer about the Chevelle Steve! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

It just goes to show that you never know! Towing, showing, cruising, racing...something can happen anytime, anywhere.

JChlupsa
08-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Jump between the cars little hard to do since leaping distaince is only tall buildings and not parking lots. Mark actuually did reach out and try to stop the car from its roll. And for those of you just wanting to know how bad the damage was, well the entire front nah this kid in a Red BMW had the his car rolling backwards on its own to get out of a parking spot that and just kisses the front lower fender of the COPO Chevelle, lucky it wasnt a French Kiss and was being drivin in revese instead of rolling by gravity. The damage is a thumb-nail size dimple left by the corner of the BMW's bumper. That kid is still scared to death. When I asked him his age, both him and his girlfriend answered with a firm 18 and 14. It can be massaged out with no noticable marks left behind.

I did take DjD over to see your trailers and after we where getting out of his White RS/SS he started to wonder if it was a ploy to get his car over there to get it on the trailers also.

I did get a pretty good offer from one young ladies for aride in the 02 ZL1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

budnate
08-19-2003, 07:59 PM
You got it, I will keep you informed when things heat up in my camp,

Thinking outloud can a GOOD mobile dent guy work out the dimple??? sounds like a small one??, It would suck to see a blend on that nice paint.

Bud.

Seattle Sam
08-19-2003, 09:04 PM
Steve and Jeff,
thanks for your kind words about our event. I am pleased to hear that the damage to the Chevelle sounds like it may be minimal..

I would like to thank everyone who attended our show, including board members Denis, SuperCars, LVCamaro, CamarosRUs, Budnate, Tom406 (who I did not get to meet), and others. Thanks to you all we put on a great display for everyone!

Special thanks to Kevin S, who opened up his house to our show guests from out of state, giving them a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a great collection of bowtie muscle (not to mention a few hemi cars and more). Kevin took the time to tell us all the history of each car, and I got a quick peek in the back of the basement, where he has a nice collection of spare parts!

I hope everyone had a good time, although Steve's trip was quite eventful and we never did get a chance to visit, next year we promise not to dent any cars!!!

(Charley, hope you can make it next year, you missed a good one!)

Thanks again to all from me and from the members of the Pacific Northwest Camaro Club.

-Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

LVCamaro
08-19-2003, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Special thanks to Kevin S, who opened up his house to our show guests from out of state, giving them a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a great collection of bowtie muscle (not to mention a few hemi cars and more). Kevin took the time to tell us all the history of each car, and I got a quick peek in the back of the basement, where he has a nice collection of spare parts!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kevin: Don't forget I have a "raincheck" to see your collection, when I get back to Seattle next month.

Same time next year guys!

SS

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:01 AM
more;

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:02 AM
again

Beware of the redhead she wants this car bad real bad

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:03 AM
again ;

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:03 AM
and more

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:04 AM
mmmoooorrrreeee

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:05 AM
One for YDR From Supercars tour

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:06 AM
more of supercars cars

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:10 AM
COPO Chevelle

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:11 AM
COPO Chevelle 2

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:11 AM
inspection time

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:12 AM
inspection time /

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:12 AM
one for the day 2 guys

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Dont worry Steve, we can find the pieces, they could not have flown that far, could they

JoeG
08-20-2003, 01:36 AM
Enjoyed viewing the photos----That kid must have been scared stiff--I hoped you explained to him that hitting a COPO Chevelle was a capital offense in some states --Looked like quite a show-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif--JoeG

Seattle Sam
08-20-2003, 02:02 AM
One more pic of Steve's 2002 ZL1 (the Ford view)...

http://www.camaros.net/pnwcc/DSCN0699.jpg

-Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Denis
08-20-2003, 03:42 AM
I should mention that I was asked to judge at this show, seeing as to how that was a condition of having my own car under the looking glass. In any case, guess what poor me, a newbie judge, is asked to look over? A 14K-mile survivor 69 RS COPO Camaro, a restored 69 ZL1 Camaro, and a restored 69 Baldwin Motion Camaro. What a treat: a license to give these cars a one-hour apiece once-over without Security shooing me away. Each of these cars (all belonging to LVCamaro) were world class... well, maybe one was more world class than the others but I'll leave that to the reader as an exercise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SuperCars
08-20-2003, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget I have a "raincheck" to see your collection, when I get back to Seattle next month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Steve, certainly! Was great to finally meet you and Jeff, as well as DJD and others from out of state. Also thanks Steve for hauling 2 of my cars. Anyway, my two daughters (17 & 15, will be 16 in 2 months)after seeing your 02 ZL1, are still giving me a hard time. They can't believe I sold mine after seeing yours in real life. Especially my youngest, but don't think I'd put her behind the wheel of 600HP.

Jeff was a great help too. Of course he reaped a little benefit, with gals flocking around him and the cars after Steve left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also Jeff and a couple Canadians judged my cars. The Canadians were brothers, which were quite excitable, but Jeff was keeping them calm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jeff Murphy
08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Canadians were brothers, which were quite excitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Was their last name MacKenzie?

http://sctv.org/characters/mckenzie/bobanddoug.gif

JChlupsa
08-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Not sure of their last names but they were harder to keep calmed dowm than anyone else eh. as for MacKenzie's not brothers but Al and Dot from Team Camaro and Team Chevelle both were on hand and were great to bench race with, even though Al looks a little like Larry Bird /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif.

Kevin, Mahalo for the tour of your place. Yours and Steves shops are ones that if the wife ever said your sleeping in the garage tonight she wouldnt even make it to the word garage, I would be gone already!!!

DjD
08-20-2003, 07:35 PM
It was a treat to meet everyone, the show and planned events were awesome and a big thanks to pnwcc for hosting the whole thing. To Denis, Steve and Kevin, thanks for bringing out the big guns and "kickin' it up a notch" and Kevin your collection is awesome. Steve I can say first hand that Donna (Jeff's sister) and Sharon (my wife) were more than glad to help the gal in labor out.

Someone should talk to Hotwheels about doing a whole line of just Kevin's cars... This first pic is my fav of all Kevins camaros.

DjD
08-20-2003, 07:41 PM
This would be a lot of fun at the track...

DjD
08-20-2003, 07:42 PM
I think the wife was smitten by this Vette...

DjD
08-20-2003, 07:44 PM
Jeff thanking Kevin with a polishing cloth, I mean tee-shirt!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LVCamaro
08-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey!! Dennis, I already got dibs on the '68 Dana /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif...keep your grubby fingerprints off!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

SS

DjD
08-21-2003, 12:27 AM
LOL!! I don't think it's going anywhere in teh near future... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Here's a little something I threw together for all you guys in the Northwest... http://www.camaroslimited.com/pnwcc/pnwcc.htm Thanks for a great event!

JChlupsa
08-21-2003, 02:01 AM
and a very good polishing cloth at that, check out how clean it got this Hugger Orange Convt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

DjD
08-21-2003, 03:13 PM
ROTFLOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif You better hope all of Kevins cars don't turn white!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seattle Sam
08-21-2003, 06:05 PM
I forgot to mention one more board member who attended our show, Wundercluck, aka Don Kaufman (who just bought the '69 JL8 car discussed on this board). He didn't bring the JL8, but he did show up in this great-looking Hugger Orange '70 Z!

http://www.camaros.net/pnwcc/DSCN0678.jpg

JChlupsa
08-22-2003, 07:43 PM
666 miles