PDA

View Full Version : Deuce shifter e-bay.

budnate
04-14-2003, 04:31 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2410843769&category=33 736

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
04-14-2003, 12:20 PM
That shifter most definitely did NOT come out of a Yenko Deuce Nova! It's a regular bench seat Muncie shifter. All 4speed Yenko Deuce Novas came with a factory installed Hurst shifter, not Muncies.

55chevy
04-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Perhaps someone should explain that to the seller before some unsuspecting sole pays $1000 for it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif
Ed

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
04-14-2003, 03:15 PM
I'm not gettin in another fight, Charley will put me in the corner with one of his muts again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Buyer beware.

NWYENKO
04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
It says "it in fact came out of a Yenko Deuce Nova" It just doesn't say who put it there!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifJim

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
04-14-2003, 09:38 PM
It also doesn't say how they know that the car it came out of is truly a 'yenko deuce'. When it comes to shifters in the Deuces, there is a higher probability that an a/t yenko deuce didn't get the correct shifter vs. a 4speed deuce.

We know of one a/t car that arrived at Johnny Londoff chev. in St. Louis with the Hurst AutoStick shifter in the trunk!

All 4speed cars had the Hurst Competition Plus installed at the factory, they also have a very different size/location for the hole in the trans tunnel. The Muncie shifter won't even work in a real yenko deuce !

MotownMadman
04-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Marlin,
I emailed the seller and asked him what happened to the Deuce the shifter came out of, I am awaiting a response, I will post the answer here if I get one.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

55chevy
04-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Here you go, this should end this one. Here is what I emailed the seller and the reply I got from him. He seems honest enough.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 9:18 AM
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2410843769

> Hello there. ALL Yenko Deuce Novas were factory fitted with a HURST shifter. Just wanted to let you know that Muncie shifter couldn't have possibly come from a Yenko. It's most likely from a bench seat Nova or Chevelle Super Sport. Not bashing the shifter or anything as it looks very nice and it's my favorite style of shifter. With the prices real Super Car parts are bringing today I think everyone should be informed. Thanks, Omega455

His response: Hi, you're right. I have cancelled the auction.

Ed

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
04-15-2003, 11:08 AM
That's cool.