PDA

View Full Version : Motion Vette @ Barrett Jackson Florida

SuperCars
04-15-2003, 04:34 PM
The owner of the 69 Motion Phase III Vette that went to BJ auction in Florida called me a couple months before the auction to see if I was interested. It is a Phase III Vette, that he had the full compliment of Letter from Joel, Motion Invoice, etc. It came from a Chev dealer other than Baldwin and was done at Motion when it was approximately a year and a half old. I see in the BJ auction results it was a no sale, bid up to $145,000.
69 Motion Phase III Vette (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=173545)

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
04-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Funky hoodscoop!

Chevy454
04-15-2003, 06:06 PM
I believe the owner is a member here: phaseIII482ci (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=967&page=1&what=showmemb ers)

SuperCars
04-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Yes, that is him. Talked to him in person, he's a nice guy.

55chevy
04-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Awesome Vette. What made you pass on it Kevin?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Ed

COPO
04-15-2003, 10:53 PM
There's a pretty large difference in values between a Baldwin Motion car and a non-Baldwin car modified by Motion later. IMO $145K is pretty strong for a non-Baldwin car.

SuperCars
04-17-2003, 04:21 AM
COPO, hi Charlie, if you say $145,000 was strong; wait until you read this. Barrett-Jackson told him it was a $200,000 car, which prompted him to go to the BJ auction in Florida with it. Now that would be what I call strong.

COPO
04-17-2003, 11:40 AM
I guess I am out of the loop on current values. Not like you high-rollers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Does that mean Baldwin Motion (69 Camaros) cars are in the $300K range?

Kevin, hope to see you and your Motion cars at the Reunion. I am hoping mine will be finished, but it will come down to the wire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

JoeC
04-17-2003, 12:20 PM
BJ prices are high. They set the reserve on Reggie's cars so high that the spectators booed him!
145 is a good offer for this car in my option considering it was not Motion built as new car. It also looks like it has some restoration work done on engine but those valve covers look 70s correct chrome plated alu with long Motion emblems. Wheels look like 1980s Motion items. Joel liked those spinner center caps with Motion decals. He put them on the "HIs and Her" Motion cars I have. I think they came off easy because I'm missing 3 spinners out of the 8.

SuperCars
04-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Prices are hard to say on straight B/M Phase III cars, and harder yet with other dealer Motion Phase III cars. It's supply and demand, which also translates to being rare; as there just not many documented ones around. I only know of around 5 69 Baldwin Motion Camaros that are actual real cars with some type of paperwork. Can you imagine what 69 Yenko Camaros would sell for if there were only 5 in the world?

With 69 Baldwin Motion Phase III Vettes I know of only 2 real documented ones, maybe a third. The value on these rare cars is "only" because Motion built them. So if other dealer cars survive that were built by Motion, I would put a very significant value them because of Motion building them, although somewhat less than Baldwin cars; but still pricey.

phaseIII482
04-18-2003, 04:22 AM
My Motion Phase III Corvette is unrestored with 14,900 miles. I dont know if you know the value of perfect condition un-restored cars lately but this adds to the value drastically.
Also, the engine is a very limited production Phase III 482ci. Which seems to be one of a handful installed in a Motion car. Possibly one of one in a Vette. This car also has a Hone overdrive, not all cars came with a Hone. These Motion options in my opinion are most important.
This Corvette was never in rain, even the body mount bushings still have the masking tape on them as it was during assembly in 1969.
At the BJ Auction this car was very well respected, it was placed indoors next to the stage for the celebration party and most of the auction. Speed Vision filmed it and a magazine story will be written about it shortly.
Thanks for your reply Kevin, supply and demand is most imporant. B.J. told me in 32 years they never auction a Phase III Motion Vette!

55chevy
04-18-2003, 06:21 AM
Definitly an awesome Vette. I wouldn't sell it if it were mine.

Ed