PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a Charge Card account???

budnate
04-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know the inís and outís of setting up an account in a Small Business to except Charge cards???.

I received a call from a independent person a month ago, Dang if I can put my hands on the packet she sent me, I realize I can call my bank, I Just wanted to check in and see if any of you knew what a good rate was and all the small stuff that goes along with something like this, A little wisdom never hurt anyone.

Thnx Bud.

SS454
04-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Bud call your bank it should give you the bast rate. Our rate through our back is 1.2% for visa & mc. We don't take AMX the rate is to much like 3.0% I think.

budnate
04-24-2003, 02:04 AM
I was going to but wanted some ammo if there rate was to high, Compared to lets say a independent group, I called them a few years ago on another adventure and decided it was to much at the time, What is the deal with the independent people??, If I recall right her rate seemed pretty good, Have you ever looked at one of them?

Thnx Bud.

SS454
04-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Yes they are always willing to meet the rate that we get from our bank but so far no one has beat it. So why change.
Also our bank gives us the supplies for free and if you are taking alot of CC than this could get pricey. We also do not take CC over 500.00 witch is what most people have for there deductibles. This keeps them from depositing the ins ckeck and than put the whole thing on a CC. But ether way you go I would say you should pay no more than 1.5% for visa & MC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

budnate
04-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Thnx for the info, I am going to make some calls today and see what they tell me.

Thnx Bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

budnate
04-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Hey Rick, you have a sweet deal if there are no other fees with the 1.2% and them giving you the equipment!!! I wont bore you with the details but a fella cant even get close to that Deal in this area.

Bud.

SS454
04-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Well it could be that we push alot of money through our bank. I also ckecked our rate is 1.3 but maybe also because diff part of the country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif