PDA

View Full Version : John Lingenfelter

Norm reynolds
04-24-2003, 02:02 AM
I donít know if any has seen the short article about John Lingenfelter in the latest hot rod
John had bad crashed in Pomona last October His spinal injuries appeared to be stabilized and he was flown to a hospital in his hometown in Indiana It was prior to his second surgery where the drugs that the hospital used led to a cardiac arrest leaving
John in a semi-comatose state As to date the recovery is not looking to good
It is really sad to see someone that could have had full recovery only to be knocked
down by using the wrong drug My prayers goes to John and his family and hope things get turned around

budnate
04-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Yes, For some reason his crash really got to me,
I have a small video clip of some tuner Brats running one of his very tricked out Vettís, These kids bait this guy into running them late at night on the street but had no idea what they were up against, you have to see this video, when the guy lets it go it screams! and is rolling the tires through all the gears. Pretty much leaves these kids grasping for words in there car, After this guy leaves them in his Dust
I sent a copy of it his way, never heard from Him as to wether he received or not, it is a pretty cool Video I thought it would bring a smile to his face to watch it.

Bud.

CWilliams
04-25-2003, 01:20 PM
I remember when the news came out about the crash and then the cardiac arrest, sad news for sure. Got to be careful, my Brother lost his hearing in one ear due to the anesthetic used during his carpel tunnel surgery! Doctors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

Hey Bud thanks for video. I'll send you a pic of the '67.

Thanks

Seattle Sam
04-25-2003, 06:32 PM
We emailed LPE at the beginning of April, since they had not updated their website on his condition. Here is the response we received:

<font color="blue"> Sorry we haven't posted a more recent update, but John's condition hasn't changed much. He's still in a coma, although he does show signs of following famaliar voices, and things like that. The good news is, he has been lying
still so long that his neck has healed completely! We are all very hopefull that he will return to work here at the shop soon, and we really appreciate everyone's concerns.
Feel free to e-mail me anytime,
Thanks,
Ed Potter
LPE </font>
<font color="black"> </font>
http://www.truckworld.com/Racing/nhra/98-nhra-finals/NHRA-14b.jpg

You never know what is around the next corner... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
-Sam

olredalert
04-25-2003, 07:28 PM
------I have wanted to post my thoughts about Johns condition,but its painful.Ive talked to him many,many times at the track about all kinds of stuff and he is the real thing!A one of a kind,and with the strength of character I know he has,he will beat this.All of the good thoughts I can muster go his way every day............Bill S