PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Nickey Catalog

Bill Pritchard
04-29-2003, 02:33 PM
I have one of these that I received from Nickey in 1969, and I am wondering how many are still around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

hvychev
04-29-2003, 03:39 PM
Bill they are actually quite plentiful. I just picked up a 1969 copy that was on e-bay for $200.00. Their are several versions of the Nickey catalogs. Their was at least 5 that I know of from between 1966-70. I am sure that other collectors could give you more details on them. The one that you have though I would keep. Man that has to be cool to see your name and address on the label from way back in the muscle car era! Bill you are dating yourself.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill Pritchard
04-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info, Frank. Yes, I really had no desire to get rid of it, as it is neat to look back at what was available from them. Like the 427 Nickey Camaro for about $4300 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif I don't remember seeing my name & address on it, so it either came in a wrapper or else I got it at the dealership in person - don't remember which. I do remember moving it when I moved out of my mother's house in 1973, along with my 1961 Indy 500 Race Program (my dad took me to the time trials) and all my old Hot Rod magazines. Still got 'em all. My late 60's Hurst Products catalog (with a very youthful Linda Vaughn in a tight fitting Hurst T-shirt) is MIA though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Verne_Frantz
08-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Bill,
As to how many, I don't know, but I have one I ordered when new. Mine has a shinny paper yellow cover. I think it's a '68. Ring a bell with anyone? Guess I'm dating myself too, huh?
Verne.