PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Z28 DF ralley wheels

yountto
05-05-2003, 07:39 PM
have 2 original clean 1967 z ralley wheels,DF code..150.00 each

Zedder
05-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Yountto: If they have '67 dates (or '66), I'll take them. Please email me the dates and a pic if you could at [email protected]

Thanks,

yountto
05-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Ebay item #2414938602 ..description says it all..I thought these were undated as there is no date near the DF as most are..it is located on the inside [not visible with tire on]...15x6 KH 10[oct 66 if im reading it right]...these are from a real 67 z28....start at 300.00

Zedder
05-12-2003, 02:21 AM
Uhhhh, what's the deal? I clearly told you on this forum and by email that I would take them if they were for a '67. Your email to me stated that you would check the dates on them as they were out in "the barn". You haven't gotten back to me yet and now they are on ebay??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

yountto
05-12-2003, 03:31 AM
I Didnt see any date when i pulled them out by the DF code. After listing the item i was told where the date codes were on these wheels[inside the rim]..It sounded like you only wanted a dated wheel which at the time i couldnt provide.If you notice the dates were added later to the auction.I didnt press the issue as i didnt get an acknowledgement or response from you reagarding my email

shor
05-12-2003, 03:34 AM
I think the website should start charging a listing fee for the for sale items.

Zedder
05-12-2003, 03:44 AM
I know where the dates are on '67 wheels ( and have examples posted on my website)... Your email said you would check on the dates and get back to me. You did not ask for a response. I was patiently waiting for you to do what you said you would do. The fact that you don't even have enough class to appologize makes it pretty clear to me that your actions are based on greed. I remember the threads questioning your integrity when you first started hanging around this site. I guess I should have paid more attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif I agree with Shor, maybe charging a fee would weed out the sheisters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Chevy454
05-12-2003, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the website should start charging a listing fee for the for sale items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fellas, this is DEFNITELY being considered. We kept it free in the beginning to promote traffic, but I think we "might" have our foot in the door and could get away with charging something...

SS427
05-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Rob, I cannot agree more. This has been discussed on another web site in length. I think this would really cut down on the riftraft that posts adds on some of these sites. If they have to be fully registered and pay, it 'may' keep them at the very least just a little more honest. I certainly do not mind paying a small fee so that I can make a profit. The nominal amount is usually cheap compared to the coverage one gets. Just look at how many "SOLD" responses are listed here shortly after someone posts an add. That means it is working.

I may likely get flamed but I feel the sYc should benefit monetarily for allowing us to get this coverage. This money could be used to offset operating costs and help finance the Supercar Reunions. Just my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

By the way, I am not referencing this add in particular, just responding to Rob with a general feeling towards adds.
Rick

Zedder
05-18-2003, 03:31 AM
Congrats! You got an extra $10!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif From the emails I have received, that seems to be about what your reputation was worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

LVCamaro
05-18-2003, 04:31 AM
Too bad it worked out that way, Mark.

SS

68z302
05-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Mark,
Not that this will help in any way.
IMO, as he has a right to do, he should have ended his auction. Then do what he said he would.
I guess he just wanted to get more action for his auction.
But what do I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

yountto
05-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Wheels had a 320.00 buy it now on ebay ..deducting the listing fees and final value commision,that would have left me with 305.86 or so,after they were offered here first for 300.00[Major 6.00 profit].....I think anyone with a little intelligence could see it wasnt done with the sole intention of maximizing profit.

Zedder
05-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the comments guys (both on this forum and by email). I agree about ending the auction, but frankly I would have been happy enough to simply have received an apology (if it was in fact an honest mistake). I also found it interesting that a private auction would be held for 2 rally wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I voiced my concerns here so that others within this "community" would see what transpired and make their own decision about whether to do business with him or not in the future. I put a lot of faith in the members of this site and would buy parts/cars from many just based on their reputations here ( for example Motown, Whitetop, Charley etc. all appear to be upfront and honest based on the exchanges that I have read about on the forum). At the end of the day, it's no biggie. Just two rally wheels I'll have to find somewhere else and a vendor that I wouldn't buy from. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

hvychev
05-19-2003, 06:13 PM
My opinion on a matter like this is similar to Rick Nelsons in the fact that their should be a fee to list items for sale on this board. A person like this one who never contributes anything positive on this board and doesn't even have the courtesy to provide his name and e-mail address to his profile should not be allowed to just "pass through" this site and sell his stuff for free.

Zedder we have to remember that for some people this is all about the money and not about helping a fellow enthusiast. They would rather make an extra 6 or 10 dollars or what ever the amount was.

Then again this is just my opinion.

yountto
05-19-2003, 06:25 PM
I prefer to let my good customers on this site[and yes, there are many], an 812 positive feedback on ebay,etc let decide who to buy from. Not a small group of jealous individuals who dont buy anything,they just sit back and complain about everything and everyone.

hvychev
05-19-2003, 07:11 PM
I am not jealous of you nor have I ever delt with you and probably never will. I have just observed how you act on this board with a lot of your rants and raves about your LS6 convert that you couldn't sell and blame this board for. If this board is full of "jealous individuals who dont buy anything,they just sit back and complain about everything and everyone." then why don't you leave and stick with e-bay?

If other members have noticed that a good number of fights or disagreements on this board are the result of some "visitor" that is trying to sell a car or some other part that doesn't like what someone has to say about it. If they had to pay a fee to sell their crap it might weed out a few of them.

68z302
05-19-2003, 08:39 PM
[/ QUOTE ]
....I think anyone with a little intelligence could see it wasnt done with the sole intention of maximizing profit.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
Just do what you say you'll do and there can't be any "Reading between the lines"
Some people who know you may be jealous but that certainly leaves me out.

yountto
05-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Im curious what you have to say about the member who sent me a deposit on my ls6[i called the bank it was written on 5 times during the 3 months i had it,and there never were sufficient funds in the account to cover the check]..3 months later i get a call and he no longer wants the car,never looked at it,said he had to build a garage with the money....he is a known member of this site and to be honest,i have no issue with him at all about it,as this is a common event in daily activity it seems.Buyers want to buy a place in line rather than commit so they can decide later, while the seller is on ice for taking the check ..imagine the post if i was the one that didnt sell him the car rather than him not buy it....comments please,or we can change the subject.

Charley Lillard
05-19-2003, 10:40 PM
WOW..... I be wantin to know who that was.... Privately ?

yountto
05-19-2003, 10:53 PM
My intent is not to bash a well known member,and make his name known[maybe he will contact you himself]..my intent is how it relates to individuals thinking they bought something when they put ifs,whens and maybes on thier purchase agreement.

Z28DZ
05-19-2003, 11:42 PM
Adding my 2 cents (again). I do not know what events transpired regarding the DF wheel deal, but I have bought (good)parts from Chuck with no problems. I send the $'s, he sends the parts. I hope the site can keep the ads as a free service.

hvychev
05-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Yountto. I could give a $hit about your LS6 deal.

My whole point of my initial post is for a site where the members are "jealous individuals who dont buy anything,they just sit back and complain about everything and everyone." You sure post a lot of your crap for sale and am sure that you make a nice buck as a result. I hope you get the bill in the mail from the sYc.

Im done with you and this thread.

Charley Lillard
05-20-2003, 12:07 AM
hvychvy... The flip side is he has been listing parts here before they have gone on Ebay and in theory given site Members first shot at the stuff. I'm not sure what went wrong with the DF wheels though.

Mr70
05-20-2003, 12:09 AM
Easy Frank,or he won't give away anymore free Reproduction Oil caps to the first person who emails him.

LVCamaro
05-20-2003, 12:15 AM
It looks to me like the offer to sell and the offer to buy were both out in the sunshine...I don't understand either.

SS

hvychev
05-20-2003, 12:17 AM
Oh yeah Rick I forgot about that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

How the hell could you even e-mail him? Have you checked his profile? I think that sYc, and other members have asked him numerous times to put his e-mail address in his profile but he still has not. Why don't you want to be reached?

yountto
05-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks Ed,its always been a pleasure dealing with you also.At least its evident now that all this is due to the fact that im selling a lot of items to alot of people on this site and for some unknown reason,some are bothered by it..They want the site to charge a service because they themselves dont sell parts,and in some cases dont buy either...I have no problem with this site charging a small fee for listing parts,it will only affect the buyers in my opinion however.Whether by higher prices or not listing parts at all.

Zedder
05-20-2003, 12:36 AM
LV, the deal was "out in the sunshine" as you put it. He offered the wheels for sale, I said I'd take them if they had '66 or '67 dates and would he email me the dates "please". I got this email response: "need to get them out of the barn..i can tell you for certainty that they are off my good friends 67 z28 for sure.......but if you need date info ill have to get back with you on it
chuck". So, I was waiting for him to get them "out of the barn" and email me the dates. The next thing I see he has listed them on ebay. He claims that he got them out and couldn't find the date. OK, then wouldn't a reasonable person email me and tell me that? If he would have done that, I could have told him where to look to find it. It's really that simple /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

shor
05-20-2003, 01:36 AM
Yountto,
A while back you posted some neat L-72 stuff for sale. March items, just the month I was looking for.
I tried to contact you the only way I could, through PM's thru this site. I sent you all three of my phone numbers plus my email address.
No response.
So I sent you another the next day.
No response.
Someone else posted "Yountto Where are you??"
You responded that you had a virus???
I then tracked you down via ebay and sent you an email to your opt online site. I gave you all my numbers again and asked you to call or email me.
No response.
About a week later you DID call me and ask if I would be interested in your parts.
I said YES DEFINATLY, and we had a little conversation. You wouldn't give me your number, but you said you would see what you had March, April wise and get back to me.
A week passed and I never heard from you again.
I tryed the email gig a few more times, but to no avail.
Hey, no big deal, I am not looking to piss you off. E?specially since you have all my phone numbers. If you don't want to sell me anything that's ok....but in my mind your for sale post was a big waste of time for me.
So...either you didn't want to do business with me....or you didn't really want to sell those parts.

shor
05-20-2003, 01:38 AM
This was your add.
parts for sale (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=37798&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=612&Match=Username&Searchpage=1&Lim it=25&Old=allposts&Main=37576&Search=true#Post3779 8)

yountto
05-20-2003, 01:56 AM
In an email and also on my dime i believe we spoke about how i couldnt locate the March block.....correct me if im wrong...The phone # availability issue is a bit over exaggerated dont you think?

shor
05-20-2003, 02:06 AM
I told you I needed everything but the block.
You have never emailed me.
I asked you for your phone number and you said you would call me back.
Hey like I said, no big deal.
As for the "dime" you spent.....
Let me treat you to a beer Friday night at scr6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

yountto
05-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Never was told you didnt want the block or i would have told you what i will say now.....everything else is here and ready to be sold[as it has been for 3 weeks]..cant help on the block until i find it...

Tommy_Mathison
05-20-2003, 03:27 AM
where does all this fighting get us? the man has some very nice parts and it is very obvious to me that this was all a misunderstanding, i dont see how the rest of you dont see that?? if it wasn't for yountto you wouldnt even of had the chance to buy these wheels. if they were on ebay, why didnt you just bid on them?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

Zedder
05-20-2003, 11:46 AM
As far as I was concerned, I had bought the wheels $300 and was simply waiting for confirmation that the dates were correct. Why in the world would I then bid on the same wheels at a higher price without even so much as an apology from the seller? If it happened to you, you wouldn't even be the least bit leary? Give me a break. Your comment about not even having a chance to buy them without Yountto is quite funny. These are car parts he is sacrificing for our benefit, not human organs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Zedder
05-20-2003, 11:53 AM
There's no need to continue this thread any further. The facts concerning the events are all spelled out by both parties involved and people can draw their own conclusions and act accordingly. Again, thanks to those who posted and emailed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Tommy_Mathison
05-20-2003, 11:56 AM
ill say it again, listen carefully... if it were not for yountto, you would not even of have had the change to buy this particular set of wheels. plain and simple. i would have paid the extra $20 for you just as long as i can come the this board to buy/sell parts... not listen to people complain

Zedder
05-20-2003, 12:35 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif You really don't get it do you? Let me explain...this isn't about $20, it's a matter of principle. If you care to buy his parts, then please be my guest- "plain and simple".

yountto
05-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Post deleted by yountto

Zedder
05-20-2003, 02:28 PM
You certainly are a piece of work...

Mr70
05-20-2003, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By yountto:"I do agree with one thing,buyers will make thier own decisions on who to buy from,and they are smart enough to see whats going on here."

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck
What is your Perspective on what is going on here?

Tommy_Mathison
05-20-2003, 06:16 PM
zedder, i can laugh too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif see...if its a matter of principle, then take care of it privatly. if the guy stole your money, let everyone know.... plain and simple.

Zedder
05-20-2003, 06:48 PM
It's good to know you have a sense of humor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif