PDA

View Full Version : New Vintage Drag Racing Site

Mr70
05-06-2003, 01:23 AM
I met a man at Grayslake swapmeet who had a table full of all kinds of Drag Car Racing pictures taken around Illinois area DragStrips from 1961-62-63 all the way to 1970.Oswego-Byron-Union Grove.
All profesionally taken and sealed in Photo albums.
His name is Glen Brown and he s a very nice man.
He had some Very cool stuff,and then told me about his new Website just recently up.
His story is interesting as he was a profesional photographer back then.
I am still searching his website for any familiar cars,and he sells them on a CD,or Videotape of them too.
If you contact him,tell him Mr70 sent you,as I told him I would post his info on this website.
Some of you guys might recognize the cars better then me,and being from those areas(HawaiianCamaro from Rockford area for instance)...Check it out!

60sDragRacing Website (http://60sdragracingphotos.com)

JoeC
05-06-2003, 12:01 PM
WOW he has some great photos /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

DarrenX33
05-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Pictures 73 and 89 taken at Rockford kinda resembles my car if you compare to my vintage photos. Wouldn't this be something. I know my car frequented Oswego. Need to find out if it ever made it to the Rock.

Oh yeah. Great site! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Clint_69
05-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the post mr70. What a great site. I will definately be placing an order. I used to frequent the Cordova Dragstrip as a kid. It brings back great memories about when my Dad used to race there. Very cool!

copo9566aa
05-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif Thanks
Many stock cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Great site.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

DarrenX33
05-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Rick out of curiousity did he have video running at the swap meet. His site advertises original video footage with sound. Wondering how the quality is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Mr70
05-07-2003, 12:06 AM
No Darren,he did not have a tape running at the show.He is really a Golden needle in a HeyStack....meaning he is not all the bells and whistles that some of these vendors are at swapmeets.
He has a Humble table set up,and photo albums layed out.Thats it.
I was drawn to him because of this,and he was very pleaseant to talk to.My eyes widened as I thumbed through his albums.I recognized a few local cars in there.He is an average day Joe,with some incredible tales.And he is not looking for staus,just to share his past.He was right there.