PDA

View Full Version : LISC by GM ???????????

JChlupsa
06-04-2003, 10:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10076&item=2417587 072

olredalert
06-04-2003, 11:45 PM
HawaiianC,

-------Chevrolet,in particular,hired an outside company years ago,to police the use of thier logos,products,images,etc.The companys name is Equity Management Inc.If you ask almost any Chevy parts vendor about them you will find a very large group of disgruntled business owners.
--------One claim,among many, (right or wrong) is that EMI keeps restoration parts reproduction companys from producing substandard items.
--------In the apparel world they police the use of the Chevy logo as well as Chevrolet images.
--------Im not sure what they would have to do with that Yenko emblem.The only thing I can imagine(very remote)would be that the Yenko emblem we all know and love has some very loose resemblance to a Chevrolet emblem.Maybe if you squint real hard or have very bad eyesite!
--------Maybe someone else will have a better theory.............Bill S

------Forgot to mention that the aforementioned EMI takes a percentage of every sale of every piece that comes under its umbrella.They have made a fortune at this.No telling how much has gotten back into Chevrolet and GMs coffers.

JChlupsa
06-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Bill

Mahalo,
New info I did not know already. I can handle that.

Again Mahalo

hvychev
06-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Bill thanks for the info as well. I bought a Yenko crest emblem decal a few years ago that had the GM restoration part backing on it. After noticeing this recently I was wondering how they managed to pull off getting rights to a private dealer name. Who actually owns the rights to the Yenko name/logo?

olredalert
06-05-2003, 04:36 AM
------I havent a clue about the rights to the Yenko name,but Im sure someone here on the board does know the answer to that question.There are so many more knowledgeable people than me on here in reference to Yenko lore.
-------I have had two brushes with the Yenko mistique and was too young to realize at the time how momentous they should have been to me.No.1 was in the pits at Sebring in 1963 or 64.I was 15 or 16 at the time and a guest of the head pit marshall.Snuck into the Yenko pit area as the race was about to begin.Everybody was,understandably,pretty busy except this blond in a pink jumpsuit.She asked me to hold her on the pit wall so she could watch the running start.As a young,over-hormoned punk I was only too happy to oblige.You guessed it,she was Donna Mae Mimms!
--------No.2 was in 1966.My older cousin and I decided to make the treck to Watkins Glen for Formula 1 in his 66 yellow 427/450 Vette convert.It was his idea to stop by Yenkos dealership and once there he couldnt get me out of the place.There was a fair amount of hi-po stuff on the lot that kept me entranced.As we left I was able to point Don out to my cousin,because I had seen him in Sebring a couple of years before!Went on to W.G. and watched the race and the annual bus burning in the bog.Can any body claim that distinction?
------I forgot to mention in the first post but the owner of EMI that I once briefly met is a certified musclecar guy.He had a 70 LS6 convert at Meadowbrook last year,or the year before.I know he owns other fast stuff as well!............Bill S

JoeC
06-05-2003, 12:11 PM
Bill, was Don Y driving one of his Corvettes when you saw him at Sebring? If so it was not 1964 because he went "fourin" that year and drove a Ferrari 250 GTO
listed as the Harry Heuer/Don Yenko/Ed Cantrell Angels Aviation Racing Team entry.

olredalert
06-05-2003, 01:02 PM
JoeC,

-----If you can believe it,I dont remember.I was young and loved cars,but this part of the memory has left me.
-----I was there three years in a row,and one memory I do have was watching what I now know was Grand Sport no.1 in Penske livery.At the end of the long straight behind the pits the car seemed as though it was going 300mph and then it kind of lumbered thru the sharp turn to come up the straight in front of the pit wall.The cool thing was that as it went thru that turn the inside front tire was a good 6 inches off the ground!Going thru that turn the Grand Sport would often get repassed by lesser machinery that it had just passed late on the last straight.Then,once aimed in the general direction of the pit straight the car would just EXPLODE and repass all those cars and whatever else got in its way!I stayed close to that corner for almost the entire twelve hours............Bill S

Jeff Murphy
06-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Depending upon which years you went, this might bring back memories:

Rare 1965 Sebring Program on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2734203904&category=28 75)

Includes the entry list (Don Yenko, incl.) plus an article by Donna Mae.

olredalert
06-05-2003, 02:46 PM
-------Jeff,pretty cool.Thanks.........Bill S