PDA

View Full Version : 67 Z-28 Project

motorhead
06-05-2003, 01:46 AM
What are the chances of finding a 67 Z-28 project? Are there any out there?
Steve
[email protected] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Denis
06-05-2003, 03:14 AM
There's one in last month's Hemmings, 144 miles, no drivetrain, parked ex-drag car. Asking $18K and change if I remember right.

motorhead
06-05-2003, 04:21 AM
It sold three weeks ago. It was already gone when I got the July issue.

Zedder
06-06-2003, 02:21 AM
Motorhead, They are out there but you need to be looking a couple of times a day to snatch one up. In the last 6 months there have been 10 advertised in Hemmings or on the Internet. The one that was in Hemmings sold about 2 weeks before the mag came out (I placed an offer, but it was rejected). You didn't miss out on much with this car unless you planned on racing it or investing a ton of cash - tubbed, frame connected, roll cage, nothing original except the body panels and the dash. Including myself, there are at least a half dozen people seriously looking for the "right" car currently. Best of luck in your search! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

motorhead
06-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Mark, How did you find out about it so early?

Zedder
06-07-2003, 06:21 PM
A friend turned me onto the car just after the guy placed the ad (but before it went into print). It seems that you have to network pretty heavily these days to find anything decent. I have placed ads just about anywhere I could think of and I have had pretty good success. My web site also helps provide some leads. It seems most project cars end up on ebay, so watch that closely. If I hear of something that I'm not interested in I'll pass it along. Send me an email so I can locate you again without having to search through all of these posts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

motorhead
06-07-2003, 11:15 PM
My e-mail is [email protected] Keep me posted. What are you looking for in case I run across something?

Zedder
06-08-2003, 01:23 AM
Thanks, I'll consider anything if the price is fair for the car - basket case to show car or anything in between! I'd also like a driver quality LS6 Chevelle if anyone comes across one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif