PDA

View Full Version : Turn back the clock pics then and now

JChlupsa
06-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Neat that this Vette is still around that almost identical pics could be snapped at same locations. Now where is the SS at today

http://www.67fso.com/

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Salvatore
06-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Jeff, Thanks for sharing all the web sites in this group. I didn't know James Garner was such a car guy. Can't beat the old pictures! sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Belair62
06-07-2003, 01:04 AM
Holy cow ! This must be the same Bob Wingate that used to advertise a lot of cool Vettes and musclecars in the 70's from Bob Wingate Chevrolet....were there really factory Corvettes with 6 tail lights ?

JoeG
06-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Favorite color-- Favorite year--put a smile on my face--THANKS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

68z302
06-07-2003, 02:25 AM
The L88 Corvettes are awesome cars. The last one I saw on the internet for sale had a pricetag of $300 Grand!!!
I really liked the picture taken inside Clippinger's showroom,
especially the '68z on the showroom floor!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Thanks for the link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

olredalert
06-07-2003, 03:17 AM
------What a website!!!!!!Bob Radke is Da Man.Met him last year and then got to know him at Monterey,and he is a real nice guy with a serious Corvette jones.So many friends and memories in those photos that I really dont want to get started.Dont want to bore anyone..........Bill S

TimG
06-07-2003, 08:40 PM
The AIR cars of James Garner still exist. I had an L89 Corvette from Clippinger Chevrolet and it fit the profile of cars ordered by Bob Wingate. He catered to high dollar clients and would order a batch of HiPo cars with lots of options. He wanted to be able to move these cars and his customers wanted more than go fast options. The L89 that I had had power windows and power brakes. Options not usually found on high performance street racers.

Charles
07-12-2003, 02:17 AM
Hello Jeff: Let me add my thanks for the chance to see all the old pictures! Many of the black and white shots were especially crisp. All the cars pictured around the Corvettes look dated now, but not the Corvettes. 1968 will always be a special year. The Corvette is a timeless classic that continues to thrill many of us. Thanks.

MosportGreen66
07-19-2003, 05:41 PM
I first saw that 67 at California NCRS Convention last year. It is a great Corvette is TONS of history and documentation!

ChrisS
07-20-2003, 03:37 AM
This was also the first '67 435hp Corvette to be docomented as having been delivered with a M20, previously that combination was thought to be impossible.