PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to some more of this...

Supercar_Kid
06-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Kids don't try this at home!

Crucifyin' the Wide Treads (http://www.members.aol.com/caholland13/YenkoHoleshot.mov)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Supercar_Kid
06-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Not a "Supercar" but cool nonetheless...

Gittin' it (http://www.members.aol.com/caholland13/69ChevelleHoleshot.mov)

budnate
06-12-2003, 04:29 AM
Nobody home both times??? Just a little box on the screen top left,and it wont do a thing even with a click.

Bud.

Seattle Sam
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Hmm,
Busy street with parked cars and oncoming traffic. Not a very safe place to be doing burnouts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
-Sam

Supercar_Kid
06-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Agreed...just refreshing to see that all of these cars aren't "no go showboats." That's a 7000 mile original paint Yenko getting 3 gears on a public street, ballsy move no doubt, but that's what makes it exciting to watch. As a spectator it sure beats watchin' em being pushed back on the trailer. Just another bonus of the newer Collinsville location though, huge empty parking lot, but I know...I know...save it for the track. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif FYI no one was harmed during the making of these clips, except those expensive old bias plys.

budnate
06-12-2003, 07:28 PM
http://www.buickpower.com/buickvideos.htm

Click on the GN on the BLVD and the red GN owned By Jay Leno.

What do I need to view the vidoes?, still no go for me.

sYc
06-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Those guys must be crazy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Thanks for sharing the footage from SCR 3. I am looking forward to Collinsville and SCR6 as well. Like the 7000 mile Camaro "heatin' them up", you never know what you might see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif I am told (missed seeing it) that M. Hassett holds the record for the best street show, at least as far as Springfeild, MO is concetrned, while driving his ZL-1 from the hotel to the Convention Center. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

sYc
06-12-2003, 07:44 PM
I would still give anything to see Brian's, now Kevin's, 7000 mile Yenko Camaro lined up beside Joe's 5000 Harrell Chevelle. Both have attended SCRs and showed out for the crowd, but not at the same time, same place. Two of the most original supercars that exist today, and both built for SPEED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Seattle Sam
06-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Well, as long as nobody was hurt, and it wasn't just some crazy KIDS doin' it.....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

-Sam

Supercar_Kid
06-12-2003, 08:55 PM
500+ ponies with a 5 series gear...tough to beat (http://www.members.aol.com/caholland13/HendersonHoleshot2.mov)

budnate
06-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Dang you are killing me!!! I dont see a thing,whats the trick??????

Bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

NWYENKO
06-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Maybe these things just don't work in Wa.!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif I can't get it either!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifJim

bilede
06-12-2003, 10:14 PM
I can hear these but don't see anything.. where is the visual???

Jeff Murphy
06-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Guys, you need to have Quicktime installed on your computer. The way I got it to work was to click on SupercarKid's links to open them, then open Quicktime in a separate window. In Quicktime you can select Open, URL that opens a dialog box where you can paste the URL from SupercarKid's windows. When it loads press go and:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Supercar_Kid
06-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Sorry guys, Garnet is right, the links are all Quicktime shorts. They may be a bit sluggish on slower connections, I'm pretty new to this stuff myself, but just bought a new Mac and finally got broadband internet, the combo makes uploading/downloading DV a snap. I hope everyone can see, hear, and enjoy. Off to Carlisle... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

JTH74
06-13-2003, 10:35 PM
SupercarKid, you got anymore of these clips, THEY MADE MY DAY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

JoeG
06-14-2003, 06:08 PM
I couldn't stop laughing, when they were showing each other their cars and swearing both cars were stock and belonged to their wives------Just brought back some funny memories--if you were going to race a fella and you asked him --What's under the hood , he'd say---Naaa, It's just stock!--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

82z96ss
06-14-2003, 07:32 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

From a great speaker that I have recently been privileged to attend some car shows with, my son Sam, and I quote (with bug eyes) WWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWW! That is all he has to say.

Nice vids.

mc25t190
06-18-2003, 03:07 AM
this car is a fine example of a really unique yenko, racing built yenko engine, along with original engine, it purrs like a kitten, and although i don't drive my car much this car has survived 34 years and is the best tuned car i have for street use. it is still smoking hot! thanks for the gift brian, i would hate to see this thing with slicks, suspension modifications, and tubbed with a roll cage. this car has to run in the low to mid 12's as stands, could you imagine with some modifications, sorry i can't go there, its original paint (90%) and original engine on stand. there is no other! well maybe, 2002 ZL1 and 2002 motion car on order? but they are not 69's! i'm sorry i got carried away , but this car is way cool! special /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gifthanks to supercar woorkshop!

Tommy_Mathison
06-18-2003, 04:36 AM
what kind of exhaust are those cars running? what does that chevelle have under the hood?

budnate
07-01-2003, 12:37 AM
http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21621

Click on this one guys!, blows the tires off the thing on the Dyno!!

Bud.

JoeG
07-01-2003, 01:53 AM
His 1/4 mi run looked like the car was running on fly-paper---he just hooked up and stood glued to the track.Great chassis/setup.---nice link----JoeG--wow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif