PDA

View Full Version : Two 1967 Z-28's Wanted

Zedder
06-26-2003, 02:15 AM
I am looking for two 1967 Z-28's and would appreciate any leads that some one might be able to provide sent to me by PM or email please. Looking for one RS and one Standard Coupe. Any condition OK! Both are going to be my personal cars. Cash or trade for 2002 Corvette Z06 with 2,500 miles. Thanks in advance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Mike
07-02-2003, 07:32 PM
No clue if it is real. It's not my car. I just came across it on e-bay.

67RSZ on EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422076684&category=61 61)

Mike

Denis
07-02-2003, 11:48 PM
This car is complete crap, it's not a Z28, and the seller is a crook (i.e. same guy selling the "Yenko Series II" so-called clones). Stay away, very far away./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

The 10D production date predates the first Z28 by a full two months. You'd think, since the guy bought one of MacNeish's books last April, that he'd know better.

GTO_DON
07-03-2003, 02:10 AM
JUST AN OBSERVATION BIT I THOUGHT THE 4L ON THE TRIM PLATE MEANS 302 ENGINE. CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Denis
07-03-2003, 02:43 AM
Correct, but (a) you can have a cowl tag made up; (b) you can move a cowl tag from a legit car to another; (c) there is no photo of the cowl tag in the auction, just the seller's transcription; and finally (d) the seller makes Al Capone look like Mother Theresa.

GTO_DON
07-03-2003, 04:02 AM
I KNOW THE TYPE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Charley Lillard
07-03-2003, 05:19 AM
Denis...Are you sure that is the same Guy ? I got a Call the other day from someone that bought a Silver 69 L78 from the Yenko Dude and was Crushed when it arrived. It was supposed to be a Rust and Bondo Free car form the Southwest but was full on Bondo and patch panels, no Horns or seatbelts, Engine had to be shut off to get the car in gear and then it would barely run. The bad part is the Seller ended the Auction early and sold it to this Guy so he has no recourse through Ebay. Now I guess the seller won't return calls. The Auction I looked up was a different seller than this 67 Z. Maybe it was one of his other names ?Sad Times when they get away with that Crap.

bbdon
07-03-2003, 07:48 AM
This is definitely the same guy who was selling the Phase II "Yenkos"

scuncio
07-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Charley, isn't there some avenue for legal recourse when a car is misrepresented? If the guy got a competent appraisal, and has the seller's narrative from the auction, I would think there's some way. Got to stop the bondo infestation from Alberta. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charley Lillard
07-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I have no idea how the Court stuff between the U.S. and Canada works but I bet it is difficult and that is why this Guy is in business and apparently doing very well.

Zedder
07-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the lead Mike, but Denis is absolutely right - that car is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif I emailed the seller for more info and of course he did not respond. I now see the car has been pulled from ebay. Let's hope it is not because some poor sucker bought it. From memory, the Z-28 program wasn't approved until mid October and the first two proto-types were not shown publicly until late November. Moreover, they were Norwood 4P cars initially and I think the earliest LOS car was February. Soooooo, this 10D car is bogus. I would love to see that trim tag and VIN plate...

motorhead
07-03-2003, 05:54 PM
I talked to the owner, He said he pulled the car off because of too many e-mails. I ask if he would let the car be inspected and he said yes. He said he believed the car was real but not sure. I get the feeling something is wrong.

rpoz28
09-25-2003, 01:51 AM
Zedder-

I don't know if you saw it, but there is a 67z28 offered for sale on www.camaros.net. (http://www.camaros.net.)

Zedder
09-25-2003, 02:03 AM
Thanks RPO! Yes, I have spoken to the owner and made an offer on one of them. Unfortunately, the car is much rougher than the ad describes.