copo9566aa
07-03-2003, 03:18 PM
It would be what the history in connection with this color Daytona Yellow

Chevy win at Daytona in 1968 ?

Just Curious

JoeG
07-03-2003, 05:15 PM
copo9566aa,
Give it a shot--I think Chevy has the most wins at the daytona 500 to date??---up to '69???---Back in '69 --I don't know if Chevrolet was coming off a '68 win---anyway I liked the color-- thought it popped ,and I guess Chevy wouldn't associate itself with a loosing name of a race, to sell a certain color ,on a race/image car---so your theory sounds right??------ JoeG

bkhpah
07-04-2003, 01:43 AM
I think that the color names are taken from the Corvette line that used race tracks for names. Lemans blue, Dover white, Monacco orange, Daytona yellow etc...BKH

JoeG
07-04-2003, 02:04 AM
bkhpah,
I was waiting for someone to reply , with a better explanation than mine----Since Monaco orange was also a SS396 color only-1969 -your explanation sounds right---My explanation was just guesstamation---You said you think---are you sure?---So I can go to bed tonight without counting 1969 Daytona colored Chevelles in my sleep.--JoeG---
------------------------------------------------------------
bkhpah,--Did some research----
You are correct about those corvette colors being associated with pretiges races---GM--figured they'd give some corvette colors to the Camaro and Chevelle to try to share the corvette sport/car image with their other performance car lines------Thanks for the info----JoeG

copo9566aa
07-04-2003, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the color names are taken from the Corvette line that used race tracks for names. Lemans blue, Dover white, Monacco orange, Daytona yellow etc...BKH

[/ QUOTE ]

And Don Yenko had chosen in these " Racing " color
for the majority of these Yenko Camaro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Hey JoeG
Start counting in your sleep by.
One 1969 ZL1 Corvette Daytona Yellow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Two 1969 ZL1 Camaro Daytona Yellow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Two 1969 Chevelle COPO Daytona Yellow (For the moment) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JoeG
07-04-2003, 04:35 AM
copo9566aa,
I had enough yellow for one night----gonna count Dallas Cheerleaders-----Good night my Canadian riddle master------------- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif HAPPY 4TH OF JULY--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif--------

Joe-GOD BLESS AMERICA -G

copo9566aa
07-09-2003, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two 1969 Chevelle COPO Daytona Yellow

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not exact....
The code for Daytona Yellow = 76
The code for Chevelle COPO = - - COPO Yellow......or COPO Orange.....
Good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Charles
07-13-2003, 04:35 AM
Hello bkhpah: There were lots of other colors that fit the race track theme Mosport Green (Ontario Canada) Silverstone Silver (England) Goodwood Green (England) Targa Blue (Italy) Elkhart Blue (USA) and Ontario Orange (USA) just to name a few...

Unreal
07-13-2003, 11:17 AM
I think the dash, dash ( - - ) in the paint code simply means that the dar was getting some special paint treatment. It could mean that the car was getting a color that was not standard to that model (although it would most likely be standard for another model chevrolet. Carolina Blue may have been one excepion) It could mean paint delete, or it could be stripe delete.

COPO PETE
07-13-2003, 12:46 PM
I have always been lead to believe that the -- was for a colour not regular to that model. I can't think that GM would have ever sent a car out in primer. The door rubbers and trunk seals all would be over primer and lead to problems in thecars life later.
Peter

copo9566aa
07-13-2003, 01:12 PM
The - - code
This code is only for Chevelle and Camaro or
for Nova too. ???
Do you remember a nova with - or - - paint code.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Brian's '69 Nova is a -- paint code, it was originally painted some Buick or Cadillac color.

copo9566aa
07-14-2003, 03:05 PM
YDR
Thanks for the info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif