PDA

View Full Version : SCR6 update, 7-6-03

sYc
07-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Hard to believe that the SCR6 is less then 2 months away. Judging by the entrys we have received, should be another great show, with lots of supercars. Of special note will be the lineup of Motion cars, featuring several very rare and unique Motion built cars.

If you have not done so already, PLEASE get your registration form to us. For two reasons, 1., we hope to put together a program listing all of the cars/owners attending and 2., seating at the banquet, as I have to let the folks doing the dinner know in advance how many will be attending.

Would like to thank a couple of more folks who have been kind enough to donates towards SCR6. They are Ray Morrison and Supercar Collectables (Jim Thoren).

NEW
07-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Hi!

I am thinking about flying over to the US, to visit SCR6,
What is the best and closest airport to arrive at???

NEW

Chevy454
07-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Lambert is the largest, about 30 miles away, Mid America is smaller, and about the same distance. Most of the area hotels (including the host Holiday Inn) have shuttles from both.

Mr70
07-07-2003, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of the area hotels (including the host Holiday Inn) have shuttles from both.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would those Shuttles be Vintage 34 yearold GM COPO cars,with Don Yenkos finger prints on them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

JoeC
07-07-2003, 06:18 PM
You need to reserve the shuttle with the Hotel in advance.

Chevy454
07-07-2003, 09:23 PM
I think they most of the hotels have shuttles that run every little bit to the airport and back, but it might not be a bad idea to call the hotel and make sure (as JoeC suggested).

COPO
07-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Just sent my entry in. Add one '69 BM Phase III Camaro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

JoeG
07-10-2003, 11:37 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif
P I C T U R E S----P I C T U R E S----P I C T U R E S---

55chevy
07-11-2003, 05:14 PM
I'll second that!

COPO
07-11-2003, 07:56 PM
You'll have to come to the Reunion to see it. Right now it's sitting on the rotisserie just a few days away from getting its Daytona Yellow paint job, along with a black stripe and stinger hood. The drivetrain is an L-88, m-22 and home overdrive along with the corvette side exhaust. LOTS of work to get done, but it will be there.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Casey Marks
07-25-2003, 06:24 PM
Rob invited some of us Pure Stockers to the Reunion. I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about bringing my new toy - '68 Butternut Yellow L-72 427/425 Biscayne. Maybe you could hire me out to be the "shuttle" ....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

The car drives like a sweetheart ...... plenty of trunk space for luggage ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Chevy454
07-25-2003, 06:27 PM
Good idea, Casey! More track time isn't gonna hurt that car one bit...

Chevy454
08-01-2003, 03:44 AM
I updated the REUNION LIST (http://www.yenko.net/reunion/2003reunion.htm#Entries), and their is now a schedule/time of events.

Mr70
08-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Rob
Only two Chevelles are expected? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Granted they are a COPO and a Yenko. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif
I'll be there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

55chevy
08-01-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm seriously considering coming to SCR6. I'd love to see these cars up close and meet and talk to as many of you as I can. The way things seem to be shaping up for this event, it sounds like this could be the best one yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Chevy454
08-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Yeah, it's hard on an A-body guy like myself to read the list as well, but hey, you gotta start somewhere! But, you gotta consider there were considerably less of them...or at least that *sounds* like a good excuse! LOL!

mhassett
08-02-2003, 08:37 PM
Rob, I NEED an extra ticket for the Banquet--please let me know!! Thanks, Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

bkhpah
08-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Add Joe's 68' Harrell Chevelle to the line up for A body guys. Who knows, there may be a few more surpises up our sleeve! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif..BKH

resto4u
08-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Will there be a video tape of the reunion available, including the the joel rosen segment? Roger

Chevy454
08-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Wow...over 40 cars on the list, and at least 5 more very probables! If we're not careful we're gonna hit 50!

Here's a run down, but if you want on the list, let me know!

----------------------------
Joe Barr - Huge memorabilia collection!
Ken Boje - 1967 Gibb Camaro
Keith Hutson - 1968 Yenko Camaro
Mark Hassett - 1968 Motion Camaro
Matt Murphy - 1968 Gibb Nova
Jude Hettick - 1968 Gibb Nova
Ray Morrison - 1968 Gibb Nova
Tom Clary - 1968 Harrell funny car
Brian Henderson - 1968 Harrell Chevelle
Joe Swezey - 1969 Harrell Camaro
Ken Barnhart - 1969 ZL-1 Camaro
Bill Porterfield - 1969 ZL-1 Camaro
Steve Sandlin - 1969 ZL-1 Camaro
Michael Rusden - 1969 Motion Corvette
Charlie Biele - 1969 Motion Camaro
Steve Sandlin - 1969 Motion Camaro
Dan McMichael - 1969 Motion Camaro
Frank Payne - 1969 COPO Camaro
Vaughn Bright - 1969 COPO Camaro
Steve Sandlin - 1969 COPO Camaro
Frank & Caleb Arone - 1969 COPO Camaro
Pat Joiner - 1969 COPO Chevelle
Kevin Hand - 1969 Yenko Chevelle
Don Stowers - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Ron Wilhelm - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Bill Hunter - 1969 Yenko Camaro
John Deppe - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Dru Deisner - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Gary Volpicelli - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Jim Shockley - 1969 Yenko Camaro
David Lowe - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Jon Clary - 1969 Yenko Camaro
Chad Blomberg - 1970 Harrell Camaro
Dave Belk - 1970 Motion Camaro
Jim & LaDonna Hughes - 1970 Yenko Nova
Thomas Kusmiesz - 1970 Yenko Nova
Ed Cunneen - 1970 Yenko Nova
Jeff Latondress - 1970 Yenko Nova
Rayburn Pennington - 1973 Motion Corvette
Dan McMichael - 1974 Motion Corvette
Mike Guarise - Motion "Spyder" Corvette
Chris Shor - ?
Dan Reid - ?

Many thanks again to the "Friends of the Reunion"/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif!

Chevy454
08-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Looks like we are gonna have 10+ Motion cars together in one place...when do you suppose the last time that happened was?! 1973?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chevy454
08-08-2003, 07:21 PM
I hate to add another post, but there's a VERY good chance we'll get over the 45 car mark this afternoon. Just waiting on the go ahead to post them...

Jeff Murphy
08-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Didn't see Stuber on the list... What gives? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Chevy454
08-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Well, I don't have some of the "regulars" down (like Stuber, Holub, Radake, etc.)...just waiting on confirmations!

LVCamaro
08-25-2003, 02:02 AM
I spoke with Joel and Marty today. Their bags are packed and both seem very excited about attending/participating in the Reunion events. They'll both arrive together [along with three of the other ol' MOTION PERFORMANCE guys] at the GateWay Center between 4-5:00 PM, on Friday. Prior commitments preclude their ability to attend the raceway events on Friday, but the banquet will feature a few words from both Marty and Joel...how good is that?!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Then, on Saturday, I believe Tom has arranged a special indoor area for MrMOTION & crew surrounded by several original MOTION CARS amongst a room-full of all manner of SuperCars. Truly a milestone in photo opportunities for the Chevy Muscle Car history books.

You out-did yourself Tom...just keep breathing into the paper bag and try to relax. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif It just doesn't get any better than that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SS

Mr70
08-25-2003, 02:06 AM
This will be Sureal,somebody pinch me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chevy454
08-25-2003, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prior commitments preclude their ability to attend the raceway events on Friday

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad...I was hoping that the attendance of "The Man" himself would encourage a few of the Motion cars to strut their stuff at Gateway! I've got a gut feeling Mark's car is gonna put on a show, but the more, the merrier!

hvychev
08-25-2003, 03:21 AM
The thought of not being able to go is literally making me sick to my stomach................ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mr70
08-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Orville Nerhus will be a late arriving guest speaker on Saturday......
Get well Frank. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

55chevy
08-25-2003, 04:37 PM
I can't wait!! I'll be there for the drags and the show. This is going to be awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

COPO
08-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Scratch one 69 Phase III BM Camaro, add one '69 COPO Camaro. As hard as we tried, my Motion is not going to be ready for the show. Once it became evident that it would not be finished, I was hoping to just bring it as a rolling painted shell. That idea fizzled, as a number of the parts needed to finish assembling the rear and subframe did not arrive as promised. I'm REALLY disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess there is always next year.

sYc
08-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Charlie, sorry to hear that. I know how hard you have been working to finish it, and how bad you wanted the car to be at SCR6, with Joel and friends. But at least you do have a very capable backup. And, once the B-M is done, you are close enough to Joel, you can take it to him and have a private screening. Just be sure and post some pics. By the way, is your side kick coming again this year?

COPO
08-27-2003, 12:41 AM
Yes, my son will be coming as well. This will be my 4th and his 3rd SCR. Every year, it's been a great father-son weekend. Hopefully, Gateway will allow passengers as he is looking forward to riding shotgun down the track on Friday. I recall last time at Gateway, they were pretty lenient and allowed riders. See everyone in a couple of days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

sYc
08-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Just got off the phone with the writer/photographer for the new Hemmings musclecar magazine. He is planning on spending the weekend at SCR6. He is very excited about photographing many of the cars, and is very interested in getting some "action" shots at the drags. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

In addition, rumor has it that on Thursday evening, a portion of the rarely seen Yenko dealership paperwork, along with numerous 1 of Yenko items will be on display. Such items as Don's race suit, helmet, several jackets, plaque from the Citrus 250, turbo unit SYC-001, etc, AND, who knows, may even find your Yenko's VIN listed. All compliments of the sYc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Finally, but certainly not least. Got a call from Helen Gibb. Her and Nancy are excited about attending SCR6 and meeting everyone. She was concerned about where she was to park, as she has a very unique display she puts along side her 2002 ZL-1. I assured her she was indoors, after all, she and Fred once owned 50 1969 ZL-1s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Mr70
08-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Tom
Will those Yenko memorabilia items continue to be on Display until Saturday PM,or just Thursday PM Only?
Rick

sYc
08-27-2003, 02:09 AM
Most likely only on Thursday night, when I will have more free time. Because of the importance and rarity of the items, (at least to me), I am very hestitent where I display stuff. And I learned this the hard way. At SCR1, I was more open with my stuff, and paid the price, as several rare items disappeared. Talk about disappointed in the supercar hobby. But, as I was told later by a "wise, old man,", At a show, if you meet 100 people, 99 will be honest, sincere people, who enjoy seeing your car, with one a real jacka$$, who finds fault with all cars there. Often times we let the one ruin the whole weekend. Do not let him do that, instead remember the 99 who enjoyed your car. To me, that sums it up, and why this hobby is so much fun. The 99, not the one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

LVCamaro
08-27-2003, 04:31 PM
The MOTION guest list that will be arriving Friday, mid-afternoon, include:
Joel Rosen, Marty Schorr, Gary Kupfer, John Mahler and Phil Tesio.

According to Marty "The Magazine" Schorr: Gary "The Brush" Kupfer painted the MOTION race cars [and some of the retail customer cars], John Mahler was the Hi-Performance Parts Manager for Baldwin Chevrolet and Phil Tesio was Joel's first [or one of the first] MP Speed Shop customer in Brooklyn and a loyal MOTION supporter for 35+ years. There may be a couple more ol' Motion guys that attend, but Marty is awaiting their confirmation.

Party-on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

PxTx
08-28-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone (and seeing the cars too)! Don't know if I'll be able to bring some PA Pocono brews on the plane, but I'll try my best. Wish everyone a safe trip.

Px

Mr70
08-28-2003, 02:26 AM
Yes,
God Speed & Safety to all attending.
And lets have Fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif