PDA

View Full Version : July '03 feature car

drdave69
07-11-2003, 03:20 PM
What a beatiful COPO. I have never seen this color in person but it looks wonderful. One question - since it is a RS car, should it have the 'rally sport' script on the fenders instead of the 'camaro'?
Enlighten me.

MosportGreen66
07-11-2003, 03:25 PM
I LOVE THAT COLOR. I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE BUT WOW, WHAT A NICE LOOKING CAR!

SS427
07-11-2003, 03:53 PM
I have to agree. VERY nice Steve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

hvychev
07-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Isn't that The Mayor of Fishkills old COPO? Nice ride! I love the color and the tires are neat. Here is an old thread on this car. I think the Ralley Sport emblem question is answered in it.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=22324&page=12& view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

LVCamaro
07-11-2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks Dave, Dan, Rick and Frank for the kind words. Frank, I appreciate the "old forum" attachment post...that was quite a debate a few months ago.

The RS COPO is at the "York MuscleCar Madness" show this weekend. The pics just don't do justice to that Azure Turq. color.

SS

JChlupsa
07-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Awesome car and no doubt will look great with the sun setting over it at the All Chevy Show in Seattle next month. Hey wait a min, you forgot what a sunset looks like haven't you. :P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

William
07-11-2003, 10:58 PM
When a COPO production order was released to Fisher Body it was for an L78 Camaro SS. A document titled "Exception Control Letter Sheet" outlined the components to be "added" and "deducted" during the production process for COPO 9560 & 9561. Among the items deucted was all SS badging. Since an SS-RS did not have the "rally-sport" fender badges the document deducted the "SS", leaving only the "Camaro" badge.

http://www.camaros.org/copo.shtml

mc25t190
07-12-2003, 04:06 AM
steve, what a nice car! its' good to see someone bring the caliber of cars you have to the site. indeed anyone who can put us in touch with these cars, everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

COPO PETE
07-13-2003, 12:51 PM
It's always nice to have a car with a unique colour! Congrats..... RS to boot. Ya gotta like it!
Peter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

sYc
07-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Steve, got to see the car at York, WOW! Very interesting color. Especially next to a couple of Lemans blue cars.

But, what impressed me the most about that car, and your other two, was after the show ended Sat night, the Latrobe gang out in the parking lot racing your cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

LVCamaro
07-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Hey Tom...I heard you were in the parking lot inciting horseplay with that flame throwing, ear-piercing Funny Car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sYc
07-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Who, me? I was the one telling them to stop, that the cars are to look at, not drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif I think it was Mark who started it, Yes, thats it, Mark started it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-21-2003, 02:00 PM
It was indeed Mark, you know how rowdy he gets, always jumpin around going crazy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

69rsss350
07-28-2003, 05:09 AM
Pretty car, but kind of plain lookin with those wheels! I can outrun it and out look it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

hvychev
07-28-2003, 05:22 AM
Oh no........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

69rsss350
07-28-2003, 05:30 AM
Frank, no brag, just fact. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif BTW, Steve knows I love his car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

LVCamaro
07-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Bring it on! I've been looking for a loaner car to leave parked at the airport. I've got a couple test/tune slots reserved @ LV Speedway over Labor Day weekend. Look for a red '66 street legal Nova, then brace yourself for a friendly b&%ch slappin'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

SS

JChlupsa
07-28-2003, 08:43 PM
How much are spectator tickets for this race??

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Nice pic! Count me in, I'll pay to watch this one!

budnate
07-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Steve, after you pick up Jeff, swing by this way and pick me up, Jeff and I can take turns Flying while you rest up for the Big Race.

Bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

69rsss350
07-29-2003, 02:18 PM
You wanna bring your Nova? Don't make me bring out the Vega Wagon! Best ET 9.60 @ 134mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Charley Lillard
07-29-2003, 02:42 PM
I don't think a 9.60 is gonna be enough for the Nova.

Chevy454
07-29-2003, 03:37 PM
That Vega *just might* be enough. If they kill the Nova at the 1/8 mile clocks...

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-29-2003, 04:39 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chevy454
07-29-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm curious, Mike, what does your Camaro run? What kind of bolt ons you got...the usual? (headers, slicks, etc.?)

JChlupsa
07-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Lets just say that lil red Nova has a very good chance to get into the 7's that weekend and in front of a hometown crowd. I think the SLOWEST it has run this year is something like 8.53 and has only got faster. 8.133 @ 171.59 in Bakersfield.

Mr70
07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
With both those cars running those kind of ET's,I would call this match a lil more then a B***ch Slappin.
I'd stand in line for this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-29-2003, 11:54 PM
Where do I get a ticket for the slap fest!

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Aint no street legal Nova runnin those ETs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif My Vega ain't street legal either, tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif What do ya say Steve, 3 time runs, we dial them and best two out of three wins. Should be interesting! Run you heads up with the camaros but I'm gonna run slicks so you can too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 12:59 AM
Chevy 454 there ain't no bolt ons on my Camaro. I built this motor from the ground up. The only thing I reused from the 350 was the alternator. I will be giving up 44 cubic inches to the COPO but Steve will be giving up a lot of HP. Ran it one time on the track (5350 real elevation) 90 degrees temp. on BF Goodrich radial T/As. It ran 11.87 @ 115 spinning and fishtailing all the way through through second gear. Oh and by the way, it has polished intake, waterpump, March pulleys and ceramic coated headers, AFR aluminum heads and chrome flex hoses, all braided lines and a Demon Carb. That is the extent of my secrets I am giving up. When I open the hood jaws drop. Perhaps you'd like to stage your Chevelle against it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

69rsss350...got your bolt ons right here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

JChlupsa
07-30-2003, 12:59 AM
Might have forgot one small item with the lil red nova, those times are on DOT tires with a good set of slicks mid 7's no doubt

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Chrome flex hoses and braided lines? Cool!

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 01:11 AM
The challenge is laid. We dial them, make 3 passes best 2 of 3. Camaros heads up. Make it worth my while, it's only a ten hour drive to Vegas or perhaps you'd like to come to Albuquerque? Steve, sounds like you have a quick Nova /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif but this all started about the Camaros. It would be pretty cool seeing these two Azure Turquoise Black Vinyl top cars going up against each other wouldn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Post the combo on the Nova, how big is that turbo? There is a guy down here by the name of Urist that you may have heard of. Too bad he drives a FORD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 01:14 AM
You are missing the point again, Mr. bean counter. I'm sure you don't want any part of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

69rsss350...Fast and PRETTY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

LVCamaro
07-30-2003, 02:36 AM
01] The motor in my Nova is NOT turbo'd...sure, a little nitrous.

02] My Nova is easily made street legal by licensing it here in Alaska, where exhaust and emmissions are not inspected.

03] I think you miss the point. This all started with you running your mouth about "fast and pretty" and talkin' smack about my car. The only thing your '69 Camaro and mine have in common is the paint color.

04] If I were you, I'd stay on good terms with Marlin...you may need a good accountant to figure how to deduct the undepreciated asset you lost at a 1320 dance.

05] Know this...whatever you bring to the party, I'll bring something faster and prettier. In your words; "No brag, just fact". In my words; when you talk smack, you better have jack!

06] I think this started with semi-friendly banter, but I gotta feeling this debate is now bordering animosity. I'm done posting remarks in a public forum, but I can be reached privately at: [email protected]

SS

hvychev
07-30-2003, 02:47 AM
Mike do us all a favor. Go out stick your head under your rear wheel of your Camaro and have one of your buddys do a brake torque over your head.

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
01] The motor in my Nova is NOT turbo'd...sure, a little nitrous.

02] My Nova is easily made street legal by licensing it here in Alaska, where exhaust and emmissions are not inspected.

03] I think you miss the point. This all started with you running your mouth about "fast and pretty" and talkin' smack about my car. The only thing your '69 Camaro and mine have in common is the paint color.

04] If I were you, I'd stay on good terms with Marlin...you may need a good accountant to figure how to deduct the undepreciated asset you lost at a 1320 dance.

05] Know this...whatever you bring to the party, I'll bring something faster and prettier. In your words; "No brag, just fact". In my words; when you talk smack, you better have jack!

06] I think this started with semi-friendly banter, but I gotta feeling this debate is now bordering animosity. I'm done posting remarks in a public forum, but I can be reached privately at: [email protected]

SS

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve, I sent you an email concerning my thoughts about the Camaros and I will leave it at that. Except to say that no matter how it pains you my car is faster and prettier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 03:28 AM
Frank, kiss my ass.

hvychev
07-30-2003, 03:31 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

LVCamaro
07-30-2003, 03:56 AM
WHEW! Only 48 more hours til someone else's car is the feature car. Just kidding Rob...as usual, you did a great job with the pic layout and rhetoric. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 04:14 AM
Steve, if nothing else, I got your car looked at lot more times! I know I can't stop looking at it! Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

69rsss350
07-30-2003, 04:28 AM
Steve, too bad we are so old... or
http://www.nhra.com/2003/news/july/072903.html

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-30-2003, 12:10 PM
I love it when someone's mouth writes a check that their A$$ can't cash!

You might need to find a way to deduct the cash you lose when you show up and lose!

Charley Lillard
07-30-2003, 02:00 PM
"Except to say that no matter how it pains you my car is faster and prettier!"
69RSSS, I think you miss the point. You are trying to compare what I assume is a highly Modified car that has been totally redone to a Preserved orig. paint non modified car. I guess Steve could modify and repaint the COPO but then it would be worth substantially less and the unique condition of the Car would be gone. Steves Nova and your Vega would be more Apples to Apples.....

Mr70
07-30-2003, 11:50 PM
It sounds More like Apples to Sour Grapes....

69rsss350
07-31-2003, 12:24 AM
Look at the views on this thread compared to all the others. Seems as if I may have livened up this board a little. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Please, I never denigrated Steve's car. As I posted previously, I think it is a dream car. I made my original post tongue in cheek. I never doubted that Steve's car was more valuable or whether it was more collectible. I would much rather own his than mine BUT mine IS prettier and IS faster, I guess that is the part you guys are having a problem with. Nothing I can do about that. Geez, can't we all just lighten up a bit? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif As far as Steve's statement that all our cars have in common is the color, I would have to highly disagree. Both are 69 Camaros built at the same plant and probably within a few thousand of each other. My car is a documented original 68K mile car with history back to the first owner. No PP or build sheet but an awesome example of a great muscle car. I turned down $30,000 cash before I did the motor ($12,000) and additional improvements beyond that. Charlie, I think you for one would be able to appreciate day two or in this case year 34 cars. Do I care if I have made a good investment? Not really. I built my car for ME to enjoy and could care less about the $$$. I made a statement that the purists may not agree with about looks but I guarantee you Joe Average would be more attracted to my car, a consistent show winner. As far as who is faster, well who really cares? My car is a 10 second car on slicks at a mile high. No stock COPO can do that. I grow tired now of this thread that meant no harm in the first place. (Reread my posts, there is no animosity, just some good natured fun.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I have some responses to certain anal members that I will refrain from in the interest of peace amongst the members.

69rsss350...Steve my sincere apologies if you took offense to my posts. It is hard to ditinguish tone in a type written post but the gremlins should have been a clue.

MotownMadman
07-31-2003, 01:04 AM
Darn Bikers, just cant take em anywhere! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

JoeG
07-31-2003, 01:30 AM
Motown,
I think Gremlins with weapons would definitely clear up the gray area between joking around and jerkin around--Like Gremlins from Hell---Just a friendly non-violent un-confrontational thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif--Darn Gremlins --Charles Manson /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Belair62
07-31-2003, 02:40 AM
I am X-ing myself off from this post !

Charley Lillard
07-31-2003, 02:43 AM
69RSSS... I do like day 2 and day 34 cars but it boils down to this being a Thread about Steves COPO and you coming and saying your car is Prettier and Faster. Not sure why you had to say that stuff.

LVCamaro
07-31-2003, 02:49 AM
Okay, Mike...I think I understand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifGFY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS

JChlupsa
07-31-2003, 02:57 AM
Without a doubt one very FINE and awesome looking COPO.

I would like to say that what has transpired from a thread about a Featured Monthly car here on the SuperCar site went kind of south and I will take some of the blame for that by stirring the pot. Steve, Sorry to have stepped on anyone toes when the thread should have been kept to the car in question, your 69 COPO RS Camaro.

Mike-- I was only posting the Nova items just kidding around. Was never meant to start posts that got away from the feature car.

As i take a step back and see what has happened, I would like to say sorry to all those that replied and the others that had read and not replied.

Would also like to include at the top of that list <font color="brown"> drdave </font> who stared the post.

JoeG
07-31-2003, 03:08 AM
Mahalo Jeff