PDA

View Full Version : ZL-1 Camaros take top honors at Norwalk SA/PS race

Chevy454
07-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Just dropping a note congratulating a couple of board members here on a job well done at the recent Stock Appearing & Pure Stock race held at Norwalk last Thursday.

Peter Simpson (COPOPete) took top honors in the Pure Stock class in his ZL-1 Camaro, setting a new record in the class with a 12.08@116+ !! And for the second event in a row, he ran his partner in crime Jim Johnston in the final.

In the Stock Appearing class, Terry Pennington (BIGDOG) and his ZL-1 Camaro won the whole shooting match, and he too set a new class record with an 11.33@124+ !! Terry ran at least 6 runs in the .3x's, showing just how consistently QUICK that car has become.

Remember folks, these times were all on the repro tires! Simply amazing.

Good job, fellas, and keep carrying the Chevrolet banner proudly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Seattle Sam
07-20-2003, 03:53 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

-Seattle Sam

L78Impala
07-20-2003, 04:26 AM
Nice job Pete. With those kind of times, I don't know who could catch you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Billy

JoeG
07-20-2003, 05:52 PM
COPO PETE,
ZL-1's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Chris396
07-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Wow! 11.3 that sounds scary on bias plys.

sYc
07-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Great job, Terry, Pete and Jimmy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif.

BIGDOG
07-21-2003, 02:08 AM
Thank you, I had a ton of fun.
I think the camaro ran at least 5 run in the 30's.
I am trying to follow copo pete's lead and keep chevrolet up in front, but all the cars are very FAST and one slip it all it takes to lose a race, I guess it was my day.
Terry

COPO PETE
07-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Thanks guys. I was having a lot of carb problems that day, but pulled it out of the hat in the end. The new fuel pump really worked good. I never really realized how much it was starving for fuel! Somehow I think the target on my back just got bigger!
Peter

82z96ss
07-21-2003, 05:02 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif Way to Smoke Um. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Mr70
07-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Congrats to you guys!
Very nice to see those results.
Pete
What made you believe it was so starved for fuel?

BIGDOG
07-23-2003, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Pete
What made you believe it was so starved for fuel?

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be me.
Terry.