PDA

View Full Version : Englishtown Show

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Tom, et al:
What is the schedule for the Englishtown show? Is it Saturday and Sunday?

sYc
07-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Sat. will be for tech, showing and visiting only, as none of the FCs can be fired until Sunday. The racing, etc, will be on Sunday, beginning at 10:30am (time trials), gates open at 9;00am. Mo and I hope to arrive Sat. AM, to unload the car for Tech and showing, and of course to visit with Val, Dale and Dave and all the other racers. Have confirmation that Valerie Harrell and Dave Libby will be there.

If NHRA will allow it, plans are for Dale to dirve the car, at least do a burnout and stage, with perhaps Val directing the car back. In addition, if Dave is game, I would love for him to help fire the car. The organizers have indicated that they would like to have the car paired with Bruce Larsen's, USA-1 Camaro, since they are both '68s and restored back to the way they raced in '68. But, even if all of this goes as planned, do not look for a good race, as we are running on straight methanol and Bruce runs on 90% nitro. Plus, Bruce has made 100s of passes in his car, ours has moved about 10 feet on its own.

I will say this though. Even if we are only allowed to fire our car, it will be worth the trip to visit with Va, Dave and all of the other racers. And, it is worth the price of admission just to see Bruce and his drop dead gorgeous USA-1 Camaro race, not to mention 2-3 dozen other fcs.

moparts
07-21-2003, 03:25 PM
I thought saturday would be for.......charging batteries.....changing oil.....airing tires......general upkeep and bs'ing.......I will leave the bs'ing up to Tom...... he is better at it than I am.........

Jeff H
07-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Sounds cool. Hopefully I'll be able to make it down there and say Hi to you guys.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Cool! I won't be able to make it on Sunday but will be there all day Saturday!

Mr70
07-21-2003, 04:58 PM
That sounds like a show to go to.Have a great time!
I wish I could,but can't,so can someone take some digitals for us here on the B/B?
I envy you guys.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

JoeG
07-21-2003, 08:49 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gifI might be floating around there saturday or sunday don't know yet, but I'LL be taking photo's from the stands with a tele-photo lens--so nobody pick their nose or scratch any private parts these photos will be screened. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif--JoeG

moparts
07-21-2003, 09:53 PM
JoeG
Now you done it.......won't be able to do anything fun worring that your watching....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif everyone come by the trailer and look us up......