PDA

View Full Version : Scuncio Interest

PxTx
07-28-2003, 11:40 PM
After tripping over the Scuncio badge the other day, I have tried to get an idea of what they were producing. Obviously they were putting some HP out there, but does anyone have any pictures of what their cars looked like? Anything especially unique?

I have searched previous posts, but they are too outdated for any useful clickable links for the brochure or booklets.

Paul Tholey

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Paul,
Scuncio sold one of the 69 ZL1's, now in Cliff's collection, an M22 car I think - not one of the first 50 from Gibb. They campaigned some race cars called The Strip Teaser I & II. They sold at least 3+ Yenko Deuces, several of which have been found. We believe they also sold some '69 COPO Camaro's.

Stefano
07-29-2003, 12:37 AM
Bob Johnson was the High performace Manager for Scuncio Chevrolet. He was directly involved with Drag racing and the Ordering of the Scuncio COPOs.

There have been several found and I know at least one to be COPO Connection certified.

mahoy78spyder
07-29-2003, 03:47 AM
Believe it or not they even sold V8 Vegas w/ narrowed 12-bolt rear ends. They came equipped w/ LT1 360 HP V8, 4 speed with narrowed Impala posi rear end with 4:11 gears. The starting price without 12 bolt posi (stock rear end) was $3995.00 (posi rear end was an additional $1300.00)-- ran a 13.32 at over 100 mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif The magazine article that comes to mind shows 14" wheels w/ Moon caps and trim rings on the otherwise stock looking Vega. I'll have to dig that one out. Didn't Scuncio also mess around with a 75 Nova big block? (or was that Hory Chevy?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ken