PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Nova

b4cmaro
08-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Question of the day....
My brother lives in KY and was talking to a guy at work. This guys family had a Ford dealership when he was growing up. He told my brother about a Yenko Nova they had on the Used car lot. Said it sold new from Stevens Chevrolet in LaCenter KY. Any record of such a car? Dont know color, trans or anything...just wondering how hard we need to look. Guy told my brother it was in a boneyard....
Thanks
Tas

MikeA
08-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Tas,

Do they remember any details about the car? I am not sure Stevens Chevrolet was a participating Yenko dealer. The only dealer I have listed in Kentucky is V.V. Cooke, in Louisville.

I did two title searches in Kentucky for the V.V. Cooke Deuces. I received information on one car and was able to contact the last owner (luckily she still uses her maiden name). She told me the Nova was totaled in 1986+/- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and the car was taken to her brotherís farm. She could not tell me if the car was still there because apparently she does not talk to her brother! I tired to contact the brother but could not find a phone number.

Mr70
08-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Marlin
Another quest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

b4cmaro
08-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Mike,

I have sent your response to my brother to see if he can get any details from the guy. Will let ya know.
Thanks!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-18-2003, 06:16 PM
These KY Deuces were a long shot, I had the VIN's, MikeA got the title work - the cars? Who knows now, the title work was pretty old, not impossible, but pretty old. Same for Indiana, NC, IL, etc....

Salvatore
08-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Saved a spot for you Sat. nite. Kept plenty of room to set up a spot for your son also. Vargo Nov. 1st? Give me a call. Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks Sam, I was at the beach all week though - no Yenkos to be found and no trip to Slick Nicks this year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I'm hoping to make the Vargo show, it's later than normal this year so it might just be possible.

Salvatore
08-18-2003, 09:14 PM
Had A lot of good memoribilia set up. Dennis had his Z/28 right next to me also. We were busy with a lot of on-lookers and questions. Your car would have been the icing on the cake. I brought vintage magazines and pictures of the old days with original adds from many G.M. Dealers back then. Had some info on the Huckleberry Hound car. Got to get a hip replaced on Sept. 5th. Hope I am well enough to bring my car to Vargo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Talk later. Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

b4cmaro
08-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Mike
Sorry to be so long getting info back...
Story goes it was a 1969 Yellow Yenko Nova with an all aluminum 350 bought new at Wilson Chevrolet in Paducah KY.

Any info? Worth more investigation and leg work, or does it sound way to fishy?

Thanks
Tas

Supercar_Kid
08-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Wilson Chevrolet of Paducah KY was a Yenko network dealer. The car you're referring to is probably a Sunflower Yellow 1970 Deuce, with an iron block LT-1 350. Stories change over the years and lots of inaccurate details often get added, sort of like the old telephone game you'd play in grade school. What once was a '70 Deuce becomes the '69 all aluminum 350 you've been told about. Sounds like there is enough fact there though to warrant a further look...happy hunting.

b4cmaro
08-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks!
I reckon I should put on some comfy shoes and begin the trek. Does anyone know the VIN that would have been associated with the car or the options etc?
Tas

b4cmaro
08-27-2003, 09:59 PM
I guess the next question is also...
How many did Wilson Chevrolet sale?
Tas

mnyenko
08-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Tas,
Look for a base nova, non SS.With a V8 vin 114270W.Build week of 06B.Black standard bench seat.Front sway bar and remains of rear F41.Sun flower yellow was a late season color.You will not see very many.I hope you can save another.Earl

b4cmaro
08-28-2003, 02:56 AM
OK....more on the story...
my brother talked to one of the owners tonight. Said when he bought the car he knew it was a Yenko...stripes were already gone but had center caps on the wheels with a 'Y'. Was bench seat 4 speed, 4.10 posi with vinyl mat. He sold the car because he kept blowing head gaskets. Said that guy trashed the car but he doesnt know if the guy ever got rid of it or if its still around. Also told us that the original owners name was Throgmorton. Does the car ring a bell to anyone? My brother is going hunting in the area of town where it was last known to have existed. Anyone have VIN numbers of the Wilson Chevrolet Nova's? Also, guy told my brother he remembered it to be a 1971, not a 1970.
Thanks
Tas

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
08-28-2003, 09:17 PM
I know where 135+ of the '70 Yenko Novas were sold out of, and none of those were from Wilson in Paducah. That is not to say that it can't be from the remaining 35 or 40, or that it wasn't a dealer trade to Wilson.

If it's a real car, I would think that it was repainted. I know that of the 10 yellow Yenko Novas, none of them went to Wilson - or anywhere near KY for that matter. Also, the stripes being gone indicates that it might have been repainted. My guess is that it was originally a red, blue or gobi beige colored car.

MikeA
08-29-2003, 11:27 AM
The Deuce I "found" was a blue, 4 speed car. The title information I received from KYDMV indicated the cars were lasted titled in 1985! As you guys know old information makes it harder to find the current owner.

b4cmaro
08-29-2003, 03:50 PM
Mike
Do you still have a name or address that was associated with the blue Deuce you found. Was it in Paducah? If so could very well be the same car repainted...
Tas

MikeA
08-29-2003, 04:21 PM
At the time the owner lived in Owensboro, KY. I'm going to try again to located and contact the brother of the last owner (see previous post). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cents
09-18-2010, 11:46 PM
This is an old story but did you ever find this car or which on eon the vin list it was?

MikeA
10-23-2010, 12:54 AM
No, I stopped looking after I found my car.