PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Dick Harrell camaro

chads454Ls6
08-12-2003, 04:47 PM
I would like to start a new thread on this car,being that it was in the wrong place to begin with.I would first like to say thanks to Ron Bentz for locating the car.About the finders fee,as rick stated, I had every intention of paying ron for services rendered. I had brought the money with me in cash,when we were picking up the car. It was my understanding ron was to be there.The owner even thought so because he had wondered were he was because ron had stopped by the previous saturday and said he would be there to help load the car. Rick N. had told me before the purchase that ron was to be paid the finders fee which i had no promblem with.When he was not there i figured we would catch up later. I did not want to mail cash,Anyway to make a long story short,the check is in the mail,I apologize to ron, as there was never any intent to screw anyone out of a finders fee, i do not think the friendship between rick and ron should end over a car! Now with that being said a little info on the car, 1970 Dick harrell ls6 camaro,green w/grn interior,5800 original miles,original paint,car was sitting since 1974,started on a regular basis,no rust,beautiful underneath shows all red oxide primer,still talking with previous owners on all relevant info. I would also like to thank Rick N. for researching the car and finding out more about it.Now,i will let Rick post pics of car and more info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

JoeC
08-12-2003, 05:27 PM
sounds like a cool car. Is it an L78 trim tag? Is it a 4sp? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

ORIGLS6
08-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Chad,

My personal congratulations to you and Rick, as well as my thanks for all the work to bring this car back in the public's eye. Rick sent me a couple of pictures this morning and the car is in amazing condition. I'm really looking forward to seeing her up close and personal later this month. If there's anything we can do, please let us know.

Dennis

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the many kind words via e-mails and PM's that I have received today. We are very excited about the car to say the least. I had heard about this car several years ago both in rumor and also when the original newspaper add was posted on site. I let it lie for some time and then started tracking it again over a year ago. When Ron joined sYc, he was asking several restoration questions which I took the time to answer both on and off line. After several months, I felt as though I could confide in Ron and see if he knew about the car. He remebered as a kid and after making a few inquiries, he was able to locate the original owner.

It took nine months of phone calls, e-mails and kissing some major butt to determine that this in fact was the real deal. The car was sold new at Van's Chevrolet. It has gone through a total of 4 owners up to now. The car was raced for the first two years and when purchased in 1973 by the last owner, it was relinquished to see street duty. The owner then went to Viet Nam. Upon his return, the car was never driven on the street again and was located in the garage where it had sat for 30 plus years. The owner took very good care of the car and started it frequently. Outside of a major bath, tune-up and buffing, the car needed very little and retained most of it's original parts.

Dennis Hartweg was instrumental in providing me with contacts and information prior to his untimely passing. Since then Annie has graciously and tirelessly taken over from there. Thanks also to Ken Boje for his help. Others have unknowingly helped as well but I was not able to disclose my reasons for asking the questions at the time.

I will provide some photos to show how the car was found. The Pro Stock hood has now been replaced with the stock hood which is painted like the nose. This hood has been wrapped up for 30 plus years in blankets. With the purchase of the car, we were also given several original dated photographs showing the car. We are being told that more are being obtained from other owners as well. I am now in the process of contacting all the previous owners.

The car will be on display at the reunion this year and am looking forward to displaying it with other Harrell cars. We hope people enjoy it as much as we do and we also hope this car can partake in the continuing research into Dick Harrell's life and his cars. This example is an unrestored 5800 mile car so most all original decals, emblems, inspection marks, etc are all visible.
Rick

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:46 PM
Body shots

Joe, the car started life as an SS350. It was then converted to an LS6 with a CY coded Turbo 400. So far, it appears as though it was delivered with a 3:08 rear though those gear were replaced with steeper gears later on.
Rick

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:47 PM
another body shot

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:49 PM
where the excitement started. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:50 PM
where it continued.....

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Post deleted by Chevy454

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:53 PM
rear markings.........

SS427
08-12-2003, 05:57 PM
and lastly the rear view.

Bill Pritchard
08-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Chad & Rick,

What an outstanding find /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Congratulations to both of you and all others involved in the 'resurrection' of this car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Love those slotted chrome wheels!!

sixtiesmuscle
08-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Awesome Rick. Congrats!!

68l30
08-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Congrats! This car really looks sweet! I can't wait to see it..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Steve

JoeG
08-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Just Amazing--I've got a grin from ear to ear,--so you must be doing back-flips----JoeG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

whitetop
08-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Chad/Rick
What kind of aftermarket gauges were installed? Is the original hood a stock flat one or was an aftermarket scoop of some sort added?
Dave

Stefano
08-12-2003, 07:40 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Wow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

chads454Ls6
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Dave,the car came with no aftermarket gauges as far as i know.The hood is a stock flat one,Chad

Mr70
08-13-2003, 01:45 AM
It's Beautiful,just Beautiful.
This car alone would be worth the trip to Collinsville.
Now multiply that X 40!
I think I'm going to Cry....

Zedder
08-13-2003, 03:30 AM
Very cool Rick/Chad! Congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

hvychev
08-13-2003, 04:12 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rick THATS what you were refering to in our offline conversations!!! Man you Lucky Dog!!! I am going to DEFINATELY try and get fired from my job now for sure so I can make the reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

hvychev
08-13-2003, 04:16 AM
Rick could you post the "as found" pics? How about the vintage pics?

SS427
08-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Frank, due to poor lighting, these are the only two "as found" photos I took. Keep in mind, he kept the car cleaned up and covered, he just never drove it.

Chad has the vintage photos and will have to post them if he can access a scanner. They are of the car pulling a wheel stand. Very neat even though they appear to be staged.
Rick

SS427
08-13-2003, 11:40 AM
The other.........

bbdon
08-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Sometimes a little brightness adjustment does wonders.

bbdon
08-13-2003, 02:26 PM
The other one.

Denis
08-13-2003, 04:50 PM
Bigger and brighter:

http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/yenko.net/70Motion-1.jpg

http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/yenko.net/70Motion-2.jpg

Is it just me, or is that dude on the left wearing a plaid jacket? Was he found in the car too?

MosportGreen66
08-13-2003, 05:53 PM
I LOVE THE ONE PIECE BUMPER!!!! SCREW THE RS CARS!!!! (sorry RS owners it slipped)

copo9566aa
08-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Cool...Cool...and Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

JoeC
08-13-2003, 07:38 PM
The harrell stripe looks cool and very similar to the Harrell stripes in the 1970 race cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

MosportGreen66
08-13-2003, 08:19 PM
What is the production on 2nd generation Harrell Camaros?

Allen
08-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Neat pictures!

Are those pics of when you found/looked at the car for the first time?

SS427
08-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Allen,
Those pictures were taken the day the car was picked up. The first time I looked at the car it was in that same garage with a car cover on it and just freshly washed.

As far as production numbers go, I had heard rumors for years that there were 3 1970 DH street Camaros and 3 DH Race Camaros built. I however have no idea and that is what Chad and I are currently researching to find out. I have spoken to many knowledgable Harrell people but could not come up with any definitive answers before Chad bought the car.

Thank you bbdon and Denis for redoing those photos. Amazing how much you can see.

Chad was not wearing a plaid coat but rather a flannel shirt as it was raining quite heavily and unfortunately for me, he did come with the car. If you think that was funny, I came unprepared and was wearing Chads hooded sweatshirt. (Chad 285 lbs, Rick 155 lbs), you get the picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
Rick

Kim_Howie
08-13-2003, 09:55 PM
Chad, congratulations a very rare find. Love to see it at the reunion.Kim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JoeG
08-13-2003, 10:28 PM
My hat goes off to the last owner ,for taking such good care of this car-------Did the last owner have any intentions of getting in back into shape or was he just sitting on it??

68TopStock
08-14-2003, 03:03 AM
Congratulations Rick and Chad.

Kim, I think we have found a couple of more buddies to hang with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A work of art, created by a true master of his craft. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

SS427
08-14-2003, 03:06 AM
Joe,
I must also give the last owner credit. Based on the garage it was stored in and considering it was the lowest part of his yard, I expected the car to be a rust bucket even with only 5800 miles. The owner claims that he started the car monthly and kept it clean the whole time he owned it. He did however emphasize that the car had not seen the street since 1973-74. He told me that once he returned from Nam, he lost interest in the car. He was not holding out, just never got around to try and sell it.

You won't believe the undercarriage of this car. I have never seen Red Oxide primer with green overspray that is this well preserved.
Rick

Mr70
08-14-2003, 03:14 AM
Did he have a moisture barrier down on the floor?
I see in that picture a cement floor,just higher then the puddle outside,were any of the bare metal parts top rusted,or oxidized too?
Is the paint faded in certain areas from those windows in the garage?After 30 years that can add up.
How about rubber parts or tires dry rotted,or critter damage.
If this was it's home since 1973 is why I ask this.
I am not demeaning the car in ayway,I am just in awe of its current pictures,and then to see it's storage facility.
Again incredible! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS427
08-14-2003, 03:31 AM
Rick,
I never saw any moisture barrier or any protection what so ever other than a car cover. There was evidence of mice but they had only accumulated about a fist full of padding. No other damage. There was slight surface rust on bare steel parts such as the driveshaft, rear axle, spindles, bolt heads, etc and some oxidation on the fuel/brake lines and the grey phosphated parts. He did make a statement to me that because of all the attention the car recently got that if someone did not buy it that he would move it to another storage area. I almost want to believe that is where he had been keeping the car all along anyway but NO ONE I talked to had EVER seen this car on the streets in the last 30 years. We found little signs of paint fading and only a couple of spider cracked areas. Very little tire damage to the 70's vintage tires either. Go figure? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Rick

hvychev
08-14-2003, 03:47 AM
Wow. Rick have you driven it yet. Is there still life in the old girl yet?

chads454Ls6
08-14-2003, 04:04 PM
if someone did not buy it that he would move it to another storage area. I almost want to believe that is where he had been keeping the car all along anyway but NO ONE I talked to had EVER seen this car on the streets in the last 30

I too believe this as this car is beautiful underneath!

chads454Ls6
08-14-2003, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if someone did not buy it that he would move it to another storage area. I almost want to believe that is where he had been keeping the car all along anyway but NO ONE I talked to had EVER seen this car on the streets in the last 30

I too believe this as this car is beautiful underneath!

[/ QUOTE ] This is how i meant to put it.

DarrenX33
08-14-2003, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there still life in the old girl yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me but that car looks like it has a lot of testosterone. And with 5800 miles definitely not old! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bkhpah
08-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Congrat's on the new 70'Harrell find. The car will look very cool next to Joe's 68's unrestored Harrell Chevelle and his fresh 69' Harrell Camaro. I understand the feeling of finding a rare un-restored survivor. Gives you goose bumps. Love the survivor cars. Those are the learning tools for restorations...BKH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Fhakya
08-16-2003, 07:19 AM
Absofreakenlutely Amazing!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif Congrats Nick/Chad and kudos to Ron for being able to track down the lead so accurately. I still can't believe that that car was under 30 miles from me for the past 10 years...and, knowing what a 70-73 freak I am, that I couldn't actually 'smell' it there. Please PM me and tell me that it sold for over 15K because suicide is going to put a damper on the weekend...and that's all I think I could muster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Congrats guys...unique 70-73's are few and far between. I'm dying to see it soon.

-Mark Holman

MosportGreen66
08-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I said it once already but I'll say it on more time. What an AWESOME Camaro! Chad, you and I share the enjoyment of being new Camaro owners! A few questions:

1. I am surprised the the intake is not a tunnel ram set up or a high rise unit. The hood scope sure looks ike one could fit under there! Is that the original unit?
2. I was just wondering if the side view mirror had a Chevy emblem on it?

Thanks Chad!
GREAT CAR!
-Dan

SS427
08-17-2003, 02:55 AM
Here are some more photos after most of the clean up work has been completed. Several days have been spent removing a small family (dead) in the car, 30 years of grime off the undercarriage and engine compartment. Chad and I agree, it is better he own it as I would have a very hard time not doing a complete restoration on the car. Thanks to Ron for supplying some original Power Beam headlights today to replace the darkening originals.
Rick

SS427
08-17-2003, 02:56 AM
interior...........

SS427
08-17-2003, 02:58 AM
cleaned up engine compartment. It was interesting to find metalic blue inspection markings on both hood hinges. I have never seen those before. They were only several months old when they were removed and the fiberglass hood added.

SS427
08-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Nasty headers. Changing oil and removing the starter not for the faint of heart.

SS427
08-17-2003, 03:03 AM
Undercarriage. Very faint evidence of green overspray on some parts of the undercarriage.
Rick

Mr70
08-17-2003, 03:05 AM
Rick
What is the Paint code on the trim tag.
Is It code 48 Forest Green,or a similar color applied later?
Also I am curious as what Papers it came with.Like factory stuff,or Harrell Speed Shop Receipts?
Rick

chevelleman
08-17-2003, 03:11 AM
That is a great find and a beautiful Car.

SS427
08-17-2003, 03:13 AM
Rick,
Code 48 is on the tag and is original to the car. Only the white stripes were applied by the Harrell shop.
Rick

chads454Ls6
08-17-2003, 03:21 AM
This car was a street car and that is probably why it has the factory lowrise intake,will look at the mirror and let you know.Chad

MosportGreen66
08-17-2003, 03:26 AM
I think you missed a spot during that clean up. Chevk the fan shrowd. (J/K!) nice piece.

ChrisS
08-17-2003, 03:28 AM
Are there any plans to bring this awesome second gen to Chevy/vettefest in November? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

chads454Ls6
08-17-2003, 03:31 AM
You darn skippy!

chevelleman
08-17-2003, 03:46 AM
What is the story on the prostock hood. Did it come with the car?

JoeG
08-17-2003, 03:55 AM
You guys not only have a gorgeous car , but a gorgeous lawn--next you'll show us girls in string bikinis waxing your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif----- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif---You were right about that red primer your floor pans look great.

copo9566aa
08-17-2003, 04:08 AM
SCR 7 Dream.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
1970 DH 454 LS6 Camaro VS 1970 BM Phase III 454 on the track..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif
Just kidding... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
next you'll show us girls in string bikinis waxing your car.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya Ya Ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

55chevy
08-17-2003, 11:32 PM
I'm with you Mosport.. The full front bumper 70's are the best looking. I had one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif I love 'em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fhakya
09-04-2003, 08:42 AM
So, who all got pics of this one at SCR6? I just can't get enough of this one. If you took a bunch, I'd love it if you could send me some via my email in the profile (big atachments aren't a prob there).
...Still bummed I couldn't show up to the reunion in person.
-Mark Holman

Mr70
09-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Mark
How about seeing it in person.You Both live in the same state.I don't think you are that far from eachother.
I am Sure Chad would love to Have you over for dinner,or all of us here for that matter.PARTY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS427
09-04-2003, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mark
How about seeing it in person.You Both live in the same state.I don't think you are that far from eachother.
I am Sure Chad would love to Have you over for dinner,or all of us here for that matter.PARTY! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You about 1 1/2 hours away. Only problem is.........the car is not there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Chad however makes a hell of a steak dinner!
Rick N.

ORIGLS6
09-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Mark,

Here's a few shots of the car.

ORIGLS6
09-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Another.....

ORIGLS6
09-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Again.....

ORIGLS6
09-04-2003, 07:59 PM
And an engine shot.

Rick, What's going on with #6 tube?

Salvatore
09-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Boy you guys look like you worked long, hard and quick to get the car ready! Nice display. Good luck, hope to see more pictures later. Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

copo9566aa
09-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
The pics fit number one in my desktop... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SS427
09-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Dennis,
First off, thanks publically for the sign. I did not expect it to look ANYTHING like that! I had hoped for a sign and got the sign, the pexi cover, the aluminum frame and a tripod (Thanks Anne!) to boot. Very nice.

As far as the #6 tube, so far going all the way back to the 2nd owner, no one has fessed up to doing it so maybe Dick's guys did it??? It is a heat riser tube for the choke coil. Sort of a crude way of doing it but it works. The air runs from the air horn on the carb, around the header and into the choke coil. I am not sure why they used an OE 3310 instead of the LS6 4492 carb which has provisions for the intake heat riser choke but that is what my research has shown so far.

Sam, as far as your response.........that would be an understatement!
Rick N.

ORIGLS6
09-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Now I'm curious to see under the air cleaner. I guessed it was something to do with a heat riser/choke set-up but the two lines running under the AC had me scratching my head. Any pix??? Pretty unique rigging /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif on a very cool car.

And for the record......My pleasure!

55chevy
09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
That is a very cool unique car. I would have loved to seen it run down the track. I oogled over that Harrell car numerous times that weekend. So how long was the car sitting and how does it run today? I watched it run good enough to put down about 30 feet of wide tires leaving the show parking lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

SS427
09-06-2003, 03:09 AM
I know I took pictures of the carb with the air cleaner off but I cannot find them in my stack. The car is not very accessable at the moment so I will get them for you later or possibly at VetteFest.

We would have loved to have run the car at the strip but after having sat for 30 years, we want to make sure the engine is sound before that happens. The plan was to have made a mild pass at SCR06 but with the bad weather and short race time, we opted to let the racers run and do it another time. The engine runs 100% better now then when we brought it home. It was pretty sick until it got loosened up, a major tune up, carb overhaul, new fluids, etc. Big blocks like to drop valves when they have not been run regularly and that is not a good thing so we need to make sure everything is sound first. The past owner said the car was a slug and ran in the mid 15's. I think he was missing something as it has a lot more there than that and the valve covers haven't even been off yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

ssl78
09-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Hey Chad you showed me some pretty nice pictures of the car when we were sitting in your trailer at the track. Maybe you could share a couple.

55chevy
09-06-2003, 10:10 AM
yes please share. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hvychev
09-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Rick/Chad POST THEM VINTAGE PICS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mr70
09-07-2003, 12:07 AM
The August 1973 Polaroids Please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif
Frank..Your Home early...WHAT A DAY,I'll add it to the Mantle.
Thanks AGAIN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hvychev
09-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Chalk up another win for Rick Peters! We are at a show in Berwyn today and there is 450-500 cars and one stock muscle car wins. Who's do you think.......

chads454Ls6
09-07-2003, 09:41 PM
SSl78,i would if i could,someone e-mailed me a nice little virus that knocked out my computer completly,i am at work right now checking my emails and things and all of my pics are on my computer at home. Will have to wait until i get it fixed,Chad

davenkc
09-08-2003, 06:37 PM
I have a couple of questions.
Who/where was the original selling dealer?
Who is the actual owner of this car? I assume it is the fellow I talked to at the reunion about this car and asked him to e-mail me. In any event would he do so at his convenience?
Dave

SS427
09-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Dave,
Chad's computer is sick so if you don't mind me answering.........

the original selling dealer from what we have come up with was Van's Chevrolet who was just down the road from Harrell's shop. At this point in time, we do not know the sequence of events surrounding the original purchase as we have not located the original owners name yet.

Chad is the rightful owner of the car. You talked with both of us after the banquet. Chad was the big guy, I was the smaller one, sort of like in the movie "Twins". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Sorry we did not get back to you. I will PM you.
Rick N.

copo9566aa
09-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Sept.. or Oct.. 2003 feature car.???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

chads454Ls6
11-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Just picked up the original tires and wheels from the original owner,also had pictures of the car from 1971 parked next to a yenko camaro and a 1970 z28,the tires have 2000 miles on them and they were replaced because they did not hookup well to the ls6!

Mr70
11-04-2003, 02:19 AM
Nice Find!
Will this Camaro be at VetteFest with those wheels?

bkhpah
11-04-2003, 02:40 AM
Put on the Strippers Chad. Somebody's got to do it first. Remember we have a few sets too! Besides, that is the funky total 70's look...BKH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

68l30
11-04-2003, 02:54 AM
Those K-H Strippers are sweet! Those would be on in a heartbeat if they were in my garage....Total period look for a DH Camaro and a big sponsor as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Steve

hvychev
11-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Chad that is awesome!! Put them on the car! PLEASE post those vintage pics of the car as well. I would love to see them.

ORIGLS6
11-04-2003, 04:28 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

If the K/H wheels are on the car at VF, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif & breakfast is on me again. If not; it's YOUR turn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SS427
11-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Chad,
I think we better go out and get good and drunk before we put them on if you know what I mean! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
Dennis,
I think breakfast is on us this go around since you bought last time.

copo9566aa
11-04-2003, 12:43 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifa very special wheels for a very special Camaro /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

chads454Ls6
11-04-2003, 03:58 PM
I would put them on but i dont think i have a lug wrench to take of those rare lugnuts! No,i think my arm is broken,yeh yeh,that is what it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

bkhpah
11-04-2003, 04:06 PM
You have the right nuts to put on the KH's. I love it...BKH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

ORIGLS6
11-04-2003, 05:09 PM
I'll supply the wrench if you have the "Nuts"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And Rick; I'll buy Chad's breakfast! After seeing how you both ate in Nashville, you my friend are on your own!!! The big boy's didn't cost Half as much as yours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bkhpah
11-04-2003, 11:53 PM
I'd love yo see the car with the exact parts that it left Harrell's shop with. Do it Chad, do it Chad!..BKH

chads454Ls6
11-05-2003, 12:40 AM
why,why do you torture me brian henderson at 12 maple lane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Chevy454
11-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Oh, I love that commercial! Even my mom went..."did he say Brian Henderson?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

68TopStock
11-09-2003, 02:59 AM
Of course they are Firestones. They were one of Dick's biggest sponsors.

SS427
11-09-2003, 07:24 PM
hmmmm?

SS427
11-09-2003, 07:25 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Mr70
11-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I LIKE THEM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill Pritchard
11-10-2003, 02:34 AM
You found the original owner, and he still had the original tires & wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif This story just keeps getting better!! Absolutely amazing. Hope to see you at Vette Fest.

SS427
11-10-2003, 02:46 AM
Bill,
Actually that part of the puzzle is missing. We have gotten as far back as the second owner who owned the car from very early on and drag raced it. He had several original photos of the car as well parked next to a race prepped '69 Yenko Camaro. Hopefully we will have those photos by VF. Look forward to seeing you once again this year.
Rick

chads454Ls6
02-13-2004, 02:53 AM
This car is for sale.