PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Car Magazines

Clint_69
08-14-2003, 09:06 PM
I want to start a collection of Muscle car magazines/drag racing magazines. I like the 1966-1973 era. Since I was born in 1971, I would like some info on which muscle car/drag race magazines that were circulating at that time. I know of Hot Rod and a couple others. Any help would be appreciated.

Turbo_Jet
08-14-2003, 09:41 PM
You might be able to find old issues of Hot Rod, Super Stock & Drag Illustrated, etc. on Ebay... Keep us updated on your progress. Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

MosportGreen66
08-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Clint,

You may have some luck going to your local yard/garage sale. I bought a collection of 50 or so vintage Hot Rod, SS-DI, MT, CD, magazines. I bought them for $10 and 90% have not been touched in 25 years. Hemmings may have something too, but if you want your collection to grow fast, check out e-bay. Happy searching!

-Dan

bbdon
08-15-2003, 02:48 PM
There were a lot of magazines. In addition to the ones listed already, I look for Hi-Performance Cars, Rodder and Super Stock, Speed and Supercar, Chevy Action, Vette Quarterly, Popular Hotrodding, Super Chevy, and Car Life. This is not even a complete list, but all of these guys had supercar and rare musclecar articles. If you search through the posts that I have done on this forum over the past few years, you will see that I have posted lots of old magazine articles, most of them are still online.

Clint_69
08-15-2003, 03:46 PM
This is a great help and will give me plenty of titles to get started on. I appreciate the info.

JoeC
08-15-2003, 03:46 PM
I have been collecting old magazines for many years. The best way to get them is at a swap meet where a junk vendor has a pile you can look through and buy for $1.00 or $2.00 each. If the vendor is a collector they get more. There was a guy at Englishtown selling 60s mags for $15.00 each. At York there was a vendor selling them for $6.00. Some of the ones on ebay get bid over $30.00 if the mag has a popular article.

Fhakya
08-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Clint, My personal favorite's from the 64-74 era are the Magnum-Royal Published magazines: Hi-Performance CARS, Speed & Supercar, Rodder & Super/Stock, Super/Stock and Funny Cars and Super/Stock and F/X. There's a lot of personality in the write ups and they have great road tests/ pics. I've found a ton of them on eBAY and usually you can save some $$$ by buying them in 'lots'.

-Mark