PDA

View Full Version : Motion '65 Impala

55chevy
08-15-2003, 03:23 AM
I could have sworn from my memory that I came across an old magazine article of Joel Rosen wrenching on a '65 big block Impala.. Was there ever a Motion modified '65 Impala that anyone is aware of??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Would love to hear the story.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JoeC
08-15-2003, 01:38 PM
There were many Motion modified cars including non Chevy. Motion Performance was a large shop and did cars everyday. They also sold parts and kits for many makes and models. As far as a car bought new and sold new as a Motion big car (Impala/Belair) the first year that I have seen in old magazines is 68.

55chevy
08-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Actually, just by looking at past threads, I think I found the car I was talking about. I have a pic somewhere of Joel wrenching on this exact '65 Impala in this pic. Does anyone know the car or the extent of it's Motion status??

JoeG
08-17-2003, 11:32 PM
55 CHEVY,
Like JoeC said Motion was a regular Performance/dyno center, so a lot of cars passed thru Motion's tune-up/dyno work.-What I see in your photo attachment is Motion's Universal ram air kit---ex.I installed one thru the hi-beams of a '66 SS 396/360hp,just like the impala .It could have been a how to photo shoot& what modifications were available at Motion. --JoeG---And again someone could have had major work done at Motion- The bottom line as far as me knowing about a '65 impala--I didn't. I guess the guys on this site will have to grill Joel at the reunion for info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif