PDA

View Full Version : Wild looking Motion Super Shark III

JoeC
08-27-2003, 01:52 PM
found this article on a show car Joel built in 83/84 called
Motion Super Shark III. Every part of the car was either chrome, painted, or polished. It had fish and shark murals and the back window had some type of undersea 3D etching inside and out. Dubble Supercharged engine with side draft carbs. Battery was relocated under hood and a back seat was installed.

Lou P
01-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I know this car very well . I built this car with Bondo Bob of Precision Collision. As far as I know it was the fist can-am tilt nose. The spoiler across the roof bar was off an old Vista Cruiser station wagon that was in the yard at Precision.After the build I was offered ajob at Motion and started working there with Fat Jack and Grayson Gilmore.Fat Jack (R.I.P.),years before had partnered up with Roy the pinstriper to form J+R Autobody in Uniondale N.Y.where they built the yellow can-am spyder for Joel.Does anyone present day info on the Super Shark III? (516)[email protected]

x77-69z28
01-06-2011, 12:15 AM
wow i didnt know that fat jack had passed away. he came up in conversation not two weeks ago. i was discussing a street race with fat jack when he had his AMX. we went past the dublin pub while three nassau county cops were breaking up a fight at the bar! the chase was on! i got away, he did not! when did he pass away?

Lou P
01-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Jack Benitez (Fat Jack) passed at least 20 years now. Jack was a great guy and a gifted bodyman.Anyone who knew Jack knows he pushed the envelope in everything he did. Jack came to work for me in the eighties for a while.Wish I had someone like Jack in my shop now. Hard to find the old school guys like Jack and Bondo Bob that have that passion for perfection in their craft. If you know any send them to White Glove Custom Collision Baldwin N.Y. (516)992-0402 ask for Lou Prim

68vet427
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Welcome Lou,
great story about the vette.
Sounds like you still have the Passion for these cars!
Joe