PDA

View Full Version : Mahalo to Tom Clary and all car owners at the show

JChlupsa
08-31-2003, 07:12 AM
Just wanted to take the time and say Mahalo to Tom and company and the rest of the car owners that brought out their cars. Though I didnt make it to this years, reunion, my sister and her son along with 2 other boys did make the 5 hour drive down from Freeport at the North end of the state. She called and said it was an awesome site to see just how well these cars have been taken care of and that the boys had a hard time sleeping last night (Friday) knowing they were going to come down to the show. They had just gotten done playing a varsity football game and all wanted to hit the road right after the game. So if you saw some gal with some high School boys drouling all over your cars, I guess you could say they belong to me.

I would also like to take the time and send out a big Aloha and Mahalo to Helen Gibb who my sister got to talk with for a bit and who the boys fell in love with. She took time to sign some items for them and do a short interview that will be made into a school project along with the show itself. Mrs. Gibb my hats off to you and the time you spent with them. If you ever get to Hawaii, please make sure you let me know, now matter what island you go to.

Mr Steve Sandlin--(LVCAMARO) What can be said when 3 pumped up farm boys from Northern Illinois get a ride of their lifetime in your cars. (69 ZL1/COPO RS and 02 ZL1) Donna ssid they were still talking about the rides and the cars at the show when I talked with her on the phone at 11 PM Central Time. The rides will be the talk of the town and might even get the owner of the 69 Famthom Green Yenko camaro to bring out his car thats he has had since the mid 70's.

That said car guys/gals are the best and to all the other owners that took the time and talked with my sis and the boys, mahalo also.

Next year, Ill make the trip!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Belair62
08-31-2003, 03:01 PM
Hats off to LV...that had to leave a lasting impression...

LVCamaro
08-31-2003, 03:20 PM
They're good kids, Jeff. The clutch pedal slipped off my foot and the '69 ZL1 accidentally laid down a 100' of rubber before I could make corrections. Just setting a good example for hi school kids...LOL. Your nephew's eyes were as big as saucers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

We're outta here...

sYc
08-31-2003, 03:24 PM
Steve, a lot of those slick pedals at SCR6. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Have a safe trip back to Vegas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

LVCamaro
08-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks Tom...great gathering of people and cars. That humidity back there is so thick you can see how pedals can be slippery. Made it home to the 104* and only 4% humidity.

It is just impossible to describe the sensation/emotion of seeing so many SuperCars in one room! Here's an excerpt from an email I just got from Marty Schorr

"I just wanted to get off a quick e-mail to thank you (and your members) for your gracious hospitality and for making it a warm and wonderful experience for a bunch of carguys from New York who were just doing our jobs in the Supercar Sixties.
It was great being around the cars and sharing the passion with the owners and enthusiasts and making new friends."

Marty is writing a book, and SCR#6 will have a chapter...pretty cool!

Special thanks to Joel, Marty, Gary, John and Phil...from all of us here at sYc.net!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Steve S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

JChlupsa
08-31-2003, 09:05 PM
MOPARTS how could I have forgotten to mention you and the webcast. Though worked called and I didnt get to catch any of the racing, I did get to see some of the evening with Jeol and company. You came through and the webcasts was great. Mahalo and thanks for taking time which left you with very little time to get with all the folks that came down for the event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Seattle Sam
09-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Moparts let me add my thanks to Jeff's, it took a lot of hard work I'm sure to webcast the Supercar Reunion...a First for the Internet! We owe you a couple of cold ones!
-Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

JChlupsa
09-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Can someone pass on to <font color="purple"> Mrs. Gibb </font> ---&gt;Mahalo from Hawaii for making these kids day. I just watched a short tape of her no-notice interview with them that will be part of their Senior Class project and she was way better than outstanding. Again please someone tell her Mahalo (thanks)

http://www.yenko.net/attachments/51047-Mrs.%20Gibb%20and%20some%20pumped%20up%20boys.jpg

ORIGLS6
09-13-2003, 03:21 AM
Jeff,
You just told her. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif It comes as no surprise to those of us who know the lady, but she frequents this site quite often. There's not much she misses! Right Helen? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

I owe her a note anyway so I'll be glad to point her in your direction if she hasn't been here already.

Dennis

ORIGLS6
09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
OK Jeff, here's your reply! I told you she was probably watching. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Dennis,

Thank you so much for taking the message for me. However, I had seen them , but I had no way to answer him. Could you send the following to him? Thank you.

"Hawaiian Camaro-------I have asked my friend Dennis Cumby to please relay my message to you. Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a real delight to meet your sister and nephew and the other two boys. I always enjoy visiting with young people and the boys were real gentlemen. We even had a little chat about football as I am a sports fan, too. I had planned to e-mail your sister to tell her how nice they all were, but just haven't gotten it done. I thought the picture she took was real good. Thanks for being so considerate. Helen Gibb "

JChlupsa
09-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Dennis, Thanks and I never expected a reply but thats great. She fits the bill as my sister said about her. I would thought she would be pretty busy (esp driving that 02 on a nice weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif ) Ill pass onling the reply to my sis.

Again Mahalo for both your time.

SuperCars
09-15-2003, 01:43 AM
Jeff, hopefully, your sister, A.K.A. the prison guard left her handcuffs at home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif