PDA

View Full Version : site counter

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-02-2003, 03:25 PM
Rob; why did the site counter reset to zero?

Chevy454
09-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I *think* it has something to do with JoeC's question...

Is anyone else missing posts? Does the counter on the homepage work correctly, or is it showing "000001"?

JoeC
09-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Its at 000001 now
The site couldn't handle the great SCR6 show! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Jeff Murphy
09-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Tried to email you about this about 2 hours ago and it got bounced back. No 1 Sept posts and the counter is stuck on one. Also just saw this:

http://www.yenko.net/attachments/50036-SQL%20Error.jpg

Chevy454
09-02-2003, 04:29 PM
Ok, here's my theory...

I'm gonna guess that our ISP is switching us over to a different server. Everything is working fine on my computer at home, but the other 3 I have access to show the "000001" counter and the board is screwed up. However, at home, I have the correct "629xxx" counter, and the posts from 9-1-03 are there, BUT today's posts since it went screwy aren't there. I posted a thread from the house, came back to this computer, and it doesn't show it. And, I'm the ONLY ONE that is browsing the boards on the comp at the house...exact opposite here at work.

I'm guessing that for whatever reason my computer at home is running on the new server while everyone else is on the old one...but that's just my initial diagnosis. Now, why would my computer be the only one to recognize the new IP...

budnate
09-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Rob, for what its worth I lost a pm i had recieved last night.Just giving you info, not complaining.

Bud

Jeff H
09-04-2003, 02:05 AM
I saw that same error yesterday. The counter is still showing 000001 for me as well. I noticed that some posts disappeared from 9/1 so there may be some corruption.

Chevy454
09-04-2003, 02:37 AM
Well, here's the scoop so far...

My original theory of changing servers was only half correct. They were changing servers (and upgrading software), but it looks like in the process they corrupted the database and screwed up some other stuff. As if that wasn't bad enough, they reset our passwords, then took the phone off the hook. I've emailed them (from another account because our yenko.net email is DOA), faxed them, and called them, all for 2 days now, without any contact. Their phone has been busy for 2 days, until this evening, when I got a recording telling me to visit my admin page and check my settings, but this requires a password, and they reset ours without giving us a new one. They also mentioned in the recording that I wouldn't get to speak to a live person until the move was completely over and the bugs were worked out! So, I'm feeling lucky we've got as much as we do.

So, anyone remember about where the counter was? 640k range?

Seattle Sam
09-04-2003, 03:24 AM
My memory says between 610K and 615 K, but then I am old and feeble...
-Sam