PDA

View Full Version : WE MADE IT!!

NWYENKO
09-07-2003, 10:12 PM
4523 miles and worth every inch!! We had such a great time at the reunion from the minute we arrived and were greated by Brian and the OFFICIAL welcoming committee. It was really funny when we found out the air conditioner in the hotel did not work (LaDonna is a native western Washingtonian and a real wuss when it comes to heat coupled with humidity!) We were forced to spend a lot of time in the parking lot Thurs. night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks to Tom and Rob for putting together a great show. Had a blast running the Deuce at the track 14.5 @ 99 mph. Couldn't figure out how to heat the tires (Rob Style). Stopped in Walla Walla Wa for a cruise and show Fri. The 2nd turn of the cruise the car just DIED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Spent the next hour or so chasing down and replacing the fuel pump. Anyone know where I can get the original pump rebuilt?? Again it was great to put faces to a few of the names. Jeff, please put me on the list for the disc. I told Ladonna I wanted to get a Renegade like Steve's and do this more often!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jim

PxTx
09-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Way to go! You did quite a nice job welcoming people too, Jim. It was a pleasure meeting you. That was quite a chore keeping those beers cold all that way. I'm glad I was able to help releive you of the burden on the way back.

After hearing of the fuel pump problem, I am wondering if you'll squeak a few tenths out of the Deuce with a fresh fuel pump. Gosh knows those LT1s like plenty of fuel in the upper Rs.

Cheers to you.

Paul

Chevy454
09-08-2003, 01:45 AM
Good to hear you made it home! I'd just about bet that fuel pump wasn't doing you any good at the track...

Mr70
09-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Glad you made it home Safe Jim.
Good to meet you,and see that Beautiful Deuce. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Denis
09-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Welcome back, Jim. Quite a trip! I did manage to catch the webcast of the racing and was very impressed with your 14.5 run.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif