PDA

View Full Version : Chevy - Vettefest Fall 2003

sixtiesmuscle
09-13-2003, 02:35 AM
Coming soon to this site, a special application to be used if you want to be included in the Supercar Showcase Nov. 22 & 23. The one and only time that a similar showcase was organized a few years ago, it was a huge success, and, lots of fun. I've been asked to post the form here, and, I will do so as soon as it is forwarded to me. Hopefully it will be available to print out, and, fax in for acceptance. Stay tuned. Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

T Billigen
09-13-2003, 02:48 AM
Can't wait!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

hvychev
09-13-2003, 04:01 AM
Have any of the members of "non supercars" thought about going? I will be going for sure and wonder if any members would like to organize a display? Rick P I already talked to you and Darren have you thought about it?

SS427
09-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Mike,
What are the qualifications for showing in the showcase? When I asked for an application, I was told the car must qualify to be in the showcase. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
Rick N.

sixtiesmuscle
09-13-2003, 02:14 PM
The way it was presented to me is that a car qualifies if it meets the definition of this registry: dealer [tuner] built conversion and factory Copo cars. Chevys of course. Following up on Frank's idea, maybe we can ask them to place the member's "other" cars next to the showcase.

Mr70
09-13-2003, 02:23 PM
That sounds Fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charley Lillard
09-13-2003, 02:49 PM
The Vettefest Flyer I got in the Mail says Vettefest will feature the following Displays: "Corvettes of the Triple Crown of Racing" and "Camaro: The Supercars". I assumed they made a decision the Limit the Supercars to Camaros.

sYc
09-13-2003, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that a car qualifies if it meets the definition of this registry:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot Mike, put the sYc in the middle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

Charley, I think you are right, it is for Camaros only. Not for sure why though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

sixtiesmuscle
09-13-2003, 03:21 PM
Well, that restriction to Camaros only has changed. They realized that they would be missing out on a lot of significant cars like Yenko Deuces & Chevelles, etc. So, the more the merrier.

hvychev
09-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Mike that would be an awesome idea with the regular muscle cars close to the supercar display! When would we have an idea? I don't want to wait to long to register.

sixtiesmuscle
09-13-2003, 05:02 PM
I am in no way in charge of this. Just helping get the word out to our group. I will speak with Al Fierke on Monday to make the request. The way I understand it they take applications/registrations for each of the three elements [swap, show, & showcase] until they're out of room. Interesting approach, but, first come first served is how they do it. I'm still waiting for the application to post.

Stefano
09-13-2003, 09:18 PM
SixtiesMuscle,
You must be "in charge" as when I called to inquire I was referred back to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

What are you bringing?

sixtiesmuscle
09-13-2003, 09:30 PM
That's funny, I have to get Holub's approval to bring something. Checks & balances I guess.

bilede
09-13-2003, 10:36 PM
when and where is this vettefest??

Charley Lillard
09-13-2003, 10:44 PM
Vettefest (http://www.midamericapromotions.com/)

sixtiesmuscle
09-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Regarding the members who want to show non "supercars", I spoke with Al, and, the best way to do it is to send in all forms together , and, ask to be put together as a club, adjacent to the Showcase. Explain that you are members of the sYc, etc. They want a minimum of five to get this done.

Because of problems posting the forms for the Showcase, any members who have not received invitations already, because of past participation, email a request to me, and, I will email the forms back to you.

sYc
09-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Spoke with Al today, regarding the Supercar Showcase. He very much would like for the sYc and its members to be a part of the showcase. For anyone displaying a supercar(s), he has agreed to waive the fee for trailer parking, as well as provide free passes to car owners and their family.

The showcase will consist of two sections. One for Camaro supercars, and another for non-Camaro supercars, such as Chevelles, Novas, etc. He would like a sampling from all of supercar dealers, Gibb, Harrell, Yenko, Motion, COPOs, and of course the locals, Nickey and Douglass.

We hope to get a form posted here, but until then, contact Mike (sixtiesmuscle) for a form. Return it to Vettefest.

Belair62
09-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Anyone bringing a Yenko or COPO Chevelle ?

hvychev
09-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Guys what are we going to do with the "non supercars"? I would love to have a display for the members that are bringing regular muscle to the show. Mike said that there is a 5 car minimum and if I had to I can privide 3 myself with the Chevelle, Monte Carlo SS, and 01 Camaro SS. Who else is interested? Rick P, Rick N, and Dennis Cumby are you guys planning to do a 70 Velle Display? Why not just do a sYc member display? Lets decide so we are not waiting to long.

ORIGLS6
09-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Frank,

Don't know for sure if I can make it but it sure would be nice to have an Old Black car flanked by a couple of Nice Red ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif The "Clinic" last year was a lot of fun.

hvychev
09-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Come on old man! What else could you possiably have to do??!! Old people have a ton of time on there hands! Show that car! If you don't go that means Rick P won't go since he is to chicken to drive his car a few miles down I55. It will be fun.

Stefano
09-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Belair,
I hear that the Dover White Douglass*Yenko was invited to come back and will be there again.

ORIGLS6
09-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Retired folks might have some spare time; those of us who still have jobs are expected to appear daily!

Then there are always life's little developments that have a significant impact on your plans! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Trust me, if it's at all possible WE'LL BE THERE! Just go ahead and send in my entry and a check. I'll pay you back someday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Mr70
09-19-2003, 12:46 AM
Yup,That was subtle...Thanks Frank. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

sixtiesmuscle
09-19-2003, 12:57 AM
How about YOU M.O.N. Nick, is that YOU?

sixtiesmuscle
09-22-2003, 02:30 PM
Have many people who plan to participate in the Supercar Showcase received their application forms? If anyone needs a form, email to me and I'll email one back.

T Billigen
09-22-2003, 08:52 PM
I received mine and already have it in, along with my room reservations /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

mhassett
09-28-2003, 03:22 AM
I got my Invitation letter from Gary and look forward to the show and getting together with the GANG!!! Sent my application in and gotta get a room reservation. Taking the '68 MOTION. Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

hvychev
09-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Guys last requset here! I am sending out my applications on Friday. Anybody interested? I spoke with Mid America promotions today and they are still cool with sixties idea of a small "club" display for non supercars in a good location. Anyone....Anyone.....

Mr70
09-29-2003, 09:25 PM
I should probably Mail my application in soon.
I am not 100% sure I can bring my Chevelle.It is up to Dennis,who is trying his best,I know and appreciate him for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But suppose I or others say they wil be there,and end up not showing up.
Won't it look somewhat empty in that area reserved for us Non-SuperCar sYc members?
Just thinking outloud...

ORIGLS6
09-30-2003, 02:00 PM
Let's do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

hvychev
09-30-2003, 03:24 PM
So guys do you want to do the display? I could set it up.

ORIGLS6
09-30-2003, 03:35 PM
Again.....Let's do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Hey Bill Pritchard, are you in?

Mr70
10-01-2003, 12:43 AM
SWEET!!
I will fill out my application in the AM.
Bears have a 3:00 game AT DENVER that Day,so no worries with the Traffic tie ups after a game at that Space Ship next door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Dennis,I owe you again,and Get the Correct battery this time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank,we have to put a Non red car between us,you know thr drill..

hvychev
10-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Guys since the e-mail thing sometimes gets you no response I will try it this way.

If you want you can fax me the applications and I will send them in together which for us to be displayed together this is a must. I will pay and you guys can mail me the money after the fact. I would like to get them in ASAP. It is really getting late for us.

68TopStock
10-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Charlie,

What '67 are you bringing?

ORIGLS6
10-01-2003, 01:43 PM
EXCUSE ME!!!! There will be NO DRILLS anywhere near this car!!! No tools at all!!! Especially in the hands of you clowns!!! It ain't broke and it don't need fixed!!! Just stay the HELL away from it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

And BTW; mine runs on gasoline; not batteries! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

sprchvy
10-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Frank-I am planning on being there. Can you post or send me a PM with your fax #? Thx.

Charley Lillard
10-01-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm planning on having # 3 ZL1 and the 67 Pace Car there.

Belair62
10-02-2003, 12:28 AM
dammit

70 copo
10-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Charlie,

Hey thanks! I finally get to take a look at that pacer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing you at the show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

Phil

Mr70
10-02-2003, 01:11 AM
I hear some of the Show Judges like Candy.
I wonder if they prefer Caramels,or Nugetts?
Hey why not Both!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

ssl78
10-02-2003, 02:49 AM
Hi Frank, if you do not get enough cars to form a display let me know and I will get someone to bring one of my other cars, since I already have the Douglass Yenko signed up.

hvychev
10-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Thanks John! I think that we may have enough. I will let you know if any thing different happens.

70 copo
10-02-2003, 09:13 AM
Doughnuts and coffee is all we get at the welcome meeting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

budnate
10-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Frank, said he was going to have a keg on ice in the Trunk of his car and to swing by and help drain it, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

hvychev
10-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Bud there is usually some HEAVY beer drinking near my car at Vette Fest! Now with the organization of another "clinic" I am confident that some world records will be broken especially with Dennis Cumby, Rick Nelson, and myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

budnate
10-02-2003, 05:58 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif have FUN!

Bud.

ChrisS
10-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Rick,
I've heard some of the judges have found $$$$$ in very inconspicuous places, like behind a visor or under a floormat (a COPO floormat to be correct). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ORIGLS6
10-02-2003, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've heard some of the judges have found $$$$$ in very inconspicuous places, like behind a visor or under a floormat (a COPO floormat to be correct). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too obvious! However, they like to take the lid off the dual snorkle and Cowl Induction air cleaners to "check for the correct air filter"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

JChlupsa
10-02-2003, 09:23 PM
what ever happened to the good old palming the <font color="green"> greenbacks </font> in your hand and transfering them over in a hand-shake

Mr70
10-02-2003, 11:45 PM
You're all Amateurs.
Any Seasoned Car show Veteran knows your not supposed to Exchange Money with a Judge during the Judging Period.It's unethical.......
And obvious,So You Distract him,then slip an Envelope into His Parked Car.
Right ORIGLS6....../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Bill Pritchard
10-05-2003, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bill Pritchard, are you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dennis,

Thank you for thinking of me, but my car is really not show quality and does not belong in a venue like McCormick Place.

Today I was at the house of my friend and neighbor Dan Hornback, who told me that he will be displaying his Yenko Deuce. My wife and I may decide to rent a room at the Hotel so we can stay and party with the crowd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Schonyenko2
10-06-2003, 12:04 AM
Bill, I've been trying to get ahold of Dan to see if he was going. If everything goes right there may be two Fencil Tufo deuces there. Would'nt that be a good time to get that picture of the two with Mr. Ed.if we could get them displayed by each other. Frank are you out there?

sprchvy
10-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Frank=I have sent you a registration form via email. Now the work begins. Thanks for the effort on this. EBM.

hvychev
10-06-2003, 02:59 AM
Bill Pritchard!!! You are so humble!! Bring that car to the show! I would rather look at an original than a restored car any day of the week! Seriously you should bring the car. It is always more fun when you have a group to go with. So far I have in our group

Frank Sr. 2001 Camaro SS
Ed Murphy 1969 Camaro SS
Frank Jr. 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS5
Dennis Cumby 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6
Rick Peters 1970 Chevelle SS L78 396

It would be perfect for you to bring your car because we would have an even 6. They line up the cars in pairs of 2 in the isles. I still haven't sent out the paperwork but will tomorrow and if you send me yours I will send it out with the group and you can just reimburse me. I wouldn't take this show to seriously as it is just a place where we can all get together and have a blast! SEND ME THAT APP!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schoney, that would be the coolest thing in the world if Ed could come and take that pic! I will ask him tomorrow and see what he says. He might not be in town at the time of the show though.........

DarrenX33
10-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Awe geez! There goes my spectating partner. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Born30YrsLate
10-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Hey Frank - I look forward to meeting you and Rick (mr70) as well as others at VetteFest, as well as meeting up again with some of the guys I met at SCR6!....let me know where you and the other guys are going to have your cars so I make sure I can get to the good stuff right away....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

sprchvy
10-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Darren-I will bring an extra chair for you!EBM.