PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy's toy

RichSchmidt
09-16-2003, 03:45 AM
I just posted on the Richie Zul post about how I was investigating the finding of Grumpy's 1970 camaro which seems to have turned up as a tube chassis race car in New Jersey.I entered in Zul's name in a seach engine in the hopes of finding some pics of the car from when he owned it,and it led me to this site.A very good source of the car in question claims that this is infact the last remains of Jenkin's 1970 car.
In my travels,I stirred the pot on another historical car.It seems that Jenkin's sold his smallblock stocker 1967 car to a street racer from New York City.A friend of mine has some old pics of a car from the early 80's that was touted to be the hands down baddest small block"raw horsepower" car on Long Island,and after looking at some photos,I am begining to see a resembalance.If there are any Long Island street guys from back in the day that post here,maybe you can clue me in.Does anybody remember much about Andy Harris's white camaro?It is a long shot,but after seeing the pictures,it is worth looking into.

Belair62
09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a longshot but good luck...what resemblances do you see in the pictures of a white Camaro with some rust ? Do you think it still had the Jenkins Competition smallblock still in it in the early 80's ?

RichSchmidt
10-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Does anybody know about this car?is it a reproduction or a restpration.I know Jenkins and Strickler swapped stuff a lot,so I dont even know much about want car this would have been back in the day.Here is the only pic I have.
http://www.smallblockposse.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002798

Salvatore
10-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi Rich, This is a restoration. It is Jerry MacNeish of Camaro High Performance. Jerry knew the vin and where the car went after Strickler sold it. It became a pro stocker for a while. Jerry bought the car and restored it to basically the specs Jenkins and Strickler had it when the ran SS/F. in 68. Car is a Z/28. I believe the interior is original and has some NOS sheetmetal installed. Jerry runs the car at many national events and all the Div. 1 points races and does pretty well. He went 4 rounds at Maple grove yesterday from the rescheduled Keystone Nationals. Jerry wrote 2 books on the restoration of the 67 to 69 camaros. Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Seattle Sam
10-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Sam,
Do you know if Jerry is going to be at Pomona?
-Sam

Salvatore
10-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Sammy, I don't know. He didn't say anything about Pomona. You can call him at: 410-781-0418 eastern time. Sam