PDA

View Full Version : Where is it????

RichSchmidt
09-16-2003, 11:03 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows about a car I went to look at about 10 years ago,that was for sale in northern New Jersey.I believe the year of the car was a 1972 camaro,but it could have ben any of those years.It was a Motion conversion done in 1976,after the Baldwin years.The car was real solid and original and in primer.It had the big motion flares on all 4 wheels,and the L88 hood.I believe it was originally blue with white stripes.It had a big 10 bolt with 4.10 gears and Motion suspention as speicified on the motion work order.It had a th400 trans and a 550 hp 454.The engine was just rebuilt before the car was put up for sale and it was done to stock specs,which included what looked to be a e date code correct{1976} LS6 longblock with similar cam,and torker style intake.I believe both the carb and headers were incorrect but the air cleaner was there.I remember traveling somewhere in the area of Pompton Plains New Jersey to look at it,but my memory may be rusty.The guy wanted $5,500 for it,but bing 20 years old{back in about 1992}with 2 race cars already taking up all my time,I was just tire kicking when I went to look at it.Does this car ring a bell with anybody?BTW,the owner had the original invoice from Motion with the car,and most of what I remember was that the owner's name as it appeared at the top of the invioce was a hispanic name{Emanual something or another I think},and that the work cost $10,700 to have done back in 1976,along with the above mentioned specs.I am sure the car didnt disapper since it was too solid and original to even imagine somebody cutting up.Has anybody seen this car?

RichSchmidt
09-17-2003, 12:04 AM
How about this one?I seem to remember a brown PhaseIII or street racer special car from an Atlantic City carshow back in the early 90's.It was brown with white stripes and I believe a white interior{I think}.It may have also been a survivor.Not too many of them around.Has anybody seen this car recently?Is it legit?