PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm....

PTPaceCar
10-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Thought you guys would enjoy this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2435789082&category=61 61

...blurry pictures, hilarious description, and isn't that the blue Camaro that SuperNovaSS owns?

Probably Series 2 guy.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

skierkaj
10-03-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this. I don't believe anything he says, but the cars don't look too bad, especially the green SS. He obviously can't spell very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm not exactly which smiley to use!

skierkaj
10-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Holy [censored]! I just saw the price! Over a Million! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

hvychev
10-03-2003, 05:23 PM
That is halarious! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif I wonder where he got the pictures from? I am almost positive that was Jasons 68DH Camaro from Hawaii. Jason do those pics look familiar?

DSYenko
10-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Call the number just for kicks !!

DarrenX33
10-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Frank- This guy is in Rock Island. Lets get the tour bus out. I'd like to see this in person. As well as meet the guy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Born30YrsLate
10-03-2003, 06:47 PM
I'd say pick me up on the way through since Dixon is on the way, but the auction is over already....AH CRAP!

hvychev
10-03-2003, 07:11 PM
Guys I had already called the number before I even posted a response to this thread. It went to a voice mail box. Wouldn't that be something if it was for real? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Clint_69
10-03-2003, 07:15 PM
I know these cars and they are in my area. This is nothing but a hoax. The cars are real though. Pretty funny stuff. He must have ticked someone off.

SuperNovaSS
10-03-2003, 09:17 PM
That is definetly my old 69 Harrell car. It has to be a hoax because I know a few people who would have been all over these cars before they were put on the market. I would have thought my old car would be painted by now...could be old pics. I bet someone is a little POed

Mr70
10-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Yep..
It's a Hoax.

toner
10-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Crazy $hit, right in my back yard, almost.

toner

LVCamaro
10-03-2003, 10:46 PM
But why??? I suspect his phone and email was going nonstop, but I don't understand the fun in that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

KLONECO
10-03-2003, 11:11 PM
SAY IT IS ALL FAKE!!!wouldn't he have to pay ebay the % of the sale???? bound by contract! right? An awful lot of b.s. to go through.... to be funnin'around!!! Besides maybe it is real the buyer purchased a $65,000 motorhome recently! ????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif just a thought (some have all the luck) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif now he can buy a house forget the kitchen!!!!!

Clint_69
10-03-2003, 11:46 PM
I actually "confirmed" that this is a hoax. He was not too pleased about the 100+ calls that he received within the first hour of the auction.

55chevy
10-04-2003, 02:25 AM
But it was a funny hoax at least.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif Seriously though, I'm sure this started out as funny, but I'll bet by now the hoaxer is in some deep poopie.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Probably ain't too funny to him now.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Schonyenko2
10-04-2003, 05:35 PM
I called over to the owners place of business yesterday after Clint called me and asked what the heck was going on down there. Got Joe's (the owners) secretary who told me Joe was gone and some of his friends were playing a joke on him. The number went to his cell phone, not his business.
I knew something was way wrong when Clint started reading me the add. Joe, the owner is a pretty sharp guy, and does'nt speak, or write like that.
The cars are very nice. We went over and looked at them with Dave Belk. The org car is excellent. The green camaro is an L89. And yes thats the Harrell island car. Schonye