PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Baldwin Motion Phase III Webpage up

Pantera
10-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Seem's like it took forever but I Finally got my Baldwin Motion Phase III Webpage started. I only have the page for the '69 done. I will have the White '70 later this week.
I sure makes me sad that so many of my pictures from back then were destroyed or lost. It seems that the ones that did surive were not that great. Wish I had never used that instant camera and had thought about having the memories to share with anyone.
I still have all the best memories in my mind and for somereason I can't seem to be able to get them to print out... <Frown>

My best pictures are from back when I lost interest in the Motion cars and parked them and started racing SCCA corvettes and Lola sportracers.
My life is like a time capsule. I never sold the old cars (Thank God) and just stored them and went on to newer and different projects.
I plan on semi-retiring this next year and getting back to them so that everybody that is interested in them can
see them instead of lingering under tarps in the back of my shop. Thank you all for this forum. I have been lingering
on the VAlkyrie Riders Motorcycle forum for the last 4 years and finding this one and getting to attend the St Louis
meet was all it took to re-kindle my love of Corvettes and Camaro's and all muscle cars. The attachtment is of my
"SuperCar Center" Used car lot back in the '70's and early '80's.

Pantera's Baldwin Corvette's web pages (http://home.swbell.net/vette-65/index.html)

mike32
10-07-2003, 06:05 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

55chevy
10-07-2003, 08:17 PM
I'll keep ya motivated Larry so you don't lose that interest again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Mr70
10-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Nice website,and grateful you took the time to organize all that for us to see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

musclcar
10-07-2003, 11:20 PM
thanks for that nice trip back in time when these cars RULED !!!!!! .those are some awesome pics ,please let us see more PLEASE!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

JoeG
10-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Pantera
Hope your new project turns out to be the Motion Vette at the '69 NY auto show ---that would be something---GOOD LUCK !--Liked the vintage photos--JoeG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Pantera
10-08-2003, 01:15 AM
Ed (55chev) came by tonight and drooled over the cars and he wants me to do the '70 first. I think it is because he wants us to take it out to the sonic for a sat night car show which happens every sat here in Tulsa. I am with you as I feel the first car Joel made of the 10 should be shown. It is different from all the rest he built. Ed just wants to go for a "RIDE" so bad it hurts...<BG> So do I. I have the documentation for the White '70 so it is not as important to me right now. There is no question where it came from and or does it need a frame off as it only has 15,223 mi on it and I thing I will just repair the damage from the front fender that was wrecked before I got it and restore the motor back to LS-7 spec's and it will not need near as much as the '69. I need to find a new 67 - 69 white GTO grill emblem to finish my presentation to Joel to get the car certified. Then I will take plenty of pictures of it with witnesses before I tear it apart to repaint it and bring it back to new condition

Thanks for the interest..

Larry

whitetop
10-08-2003, 01:31 AM
Larry
I would venture to say all Joel needs is the serial number.

55chevy
10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Yep, gotta say it Larry. You are one lucky Bast$%#^%$D.. Best $3,400 you ever spent!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif It sickens me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif That white/gold 70 B/M even looks evil covered in dust with the sidepipes completely evaporated on it.. (still can't believe they rusted to nothing like that) They had the header pipe coming out and the exhaust outlet still bolted to the car.. with NOTHING in between them. The 69 needs WAAAAY more work and that's why I think the 70 would be the best one to do first. Less involved labor/money wise and you'll have something to enjoy while getting the 69 show worthy. And you got a helper with experience as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif hint hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Pantera
10-08-2003, 02:44 PM
I just want to get the '69 done first as it needs to get the paperwork finalized from Joel. I am going to spend the rest of the week trying to find the GTO emblem locally so that I can put to rest my last piece of the puzzle. What if Joel doesn'T have the paperwork on this car then he will need to see this to satisify his mind that it is the same car. 21 out of 21 things is just the way that I want to do things. Once it is finalized I will be working on both cars and you can count on being involved if that is what you would like to do? You have to remember that paint work has to set for weeks to keep from having gost your body work show up in the finish coat. That way I will jump from car to car in each step till I get it just right and the finish will last for many years. I plan on these cars outliving me and just hope that 50 years from now someone will still be interested in them and will read about my life and my cars. I want them as perfect as I can make them. They are almost surivor cars and just may need to be left pretty much the way that they are. I am working with some NCRS guys too and they will advise me once I get them where I can work around them without being in such tight quarters. As you saw that Dam Can-Am car takes up way too much room. hard to beleive it is so big and so small (short) at the same time. I am toying with the Idea of going to Chicago to the Vettefest? Have to wait and see if I can work it out time wise.

55chevy
10-08-2003, 02:57 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoeG
10-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Pantera,
Here's a picture of the GT Vette at the '69 NY auto show, taken from a '69 Motion newsletter--JoeG

55chevy
10-13-2003, 11:31 PM
JoeG. Awesome Pic. Do you have anymore? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif I think what Larry (Pantara) is looking for is a Color picture showing that Vette. The original color on the Vette is Monaco Orange but the pic of this Vette on the cover of Cars Magazine makes the car look Red, and ALL of the features I've seen on it have been B/W. I've seen Larrys Vette in person and there is no doubt in my mind it is the same one in the picture you just posted, and the original paint is still on the car. You can see it where Larry has it sanded down in places. It is a reddish/orange color on the magazine it looks reeeally Red. That could just be the way it printed out, or it could have been altered by the editors.. who knows. But I agree with Larry on this one. All the tell-tail signs are on the car.. Just been A LONG time since it looked the way it did in 1969. Ya know? I can't wait till he blows all the dust off it and brings it alive again.. Everyone will appreciate this one when it's done. Can't replace the very first Phase III Corvette Joel built. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif

JoeG
10-14-2003, 05:07 AM
55chevy,
I didn't bring a camera to the car show,but I came across this---JoeG

JoeG
10-14-2003, 05:22 AM
# 2 pic

55chevy
10-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Joe.. you are THE MAN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif

Pantera
10-14-2003, 08:41 AM
That is a later car he made. Mine didn't have a motion emblem on the hood. I don't think he had them made till after my car was built.

JoeG
10-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Pantera,
In the picture I made the copy from ,you can see clearer it is not the Motion emblem--looks like GT.These photos were with a article covering the '69 NY auto show.-- Just wanted to show you a colored photo,but Joel was always changing things around for a different look.It looks like the first color picture was taken on the first photo shoot in '69 and the second colored photo was shot later on ,because this version of the GT vette appeared on the cover of HI PERFORMANCE Cars 9/70 ---Just some info--JoeG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Pantera
10-15-2003, 12:12 AM
I just wish that we could get Joel to list the cars that he sold by color and by number. This car must be one made before my White '70, which was delivered on Jan 21 of '71. Unless this one is actually a later '70 car that just happened to be the same color as the NYC showcar. So far we have seen a Orange a white and a yellow and a Blue? Phase III cars and now this pix of a ?? orange looking car. It is not mine as mine has the original headlights like in the article. I have the magazine cover you are refering to and it looks Red on there. I would like to know just how many other colors he made of that group of 10? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif