PDA

View Full Version : Supercars, how's your '69 B/M Phase III Chevelle..

azrapse
10-08-2003, 07:07 AM
Supercars, how's your '69 B/M Phase III Chevelle resto progressing? (...haven't seen any updates on your site)

And same question for JoeG regarding his...

Edward.

SuperCars
10-08-2003, 01:30 PM
When I bought my 69 B/M Phase III Chevelle, it was already at a place in process of restoration. It wasn't progressing satisfactorily where it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So it was mutually agreed by myself and that fellow to send it elsewhere. It was transported to another shop, and now waiting in line to be done after my 68 B/M L88 Phase III Camaro.

JoeG
10-08-2003, 01:46 PM
azrapse,
Still here, just tieing up some loose ends, got sidetracked with a Buick.At this rate I'll be taking photos of the Chevelle with a snowbank as a backdrop.---JoeG

azrapse
10-16-2003, 01:23 AM
SuperCars,

...just wondered if you were able to discern the original paint/ emblem scheme, and if that is something you are attempting to follow? ..and if the original 427 was intact, etc..

Seems to me the BM 69 Chevelles haven't been documented that well in terms of both photographs or in print for whatever reason. Does anyone know around how many were produced by Rosen/ sold through Baldwin? there's got to be more out there, but we have nothing, or much documented, to compare them to, hence any proper ways to identify them; vs. say the Yenko Chevelle, which is probably very identifiable, and can quite easily be considered different by someone unfamiliar who happens to find stripes or emblem holes while stripping an existing but altered '69, at least hopefully which motivates them to research...

I'm from Colorado, and very surprised to find even most very knowledgable mechanics and muscle-car enthusiasts I speak with, are not familiar with what Baldwin, Yenko, Nickey, Berger, etc.. implies in conversation; guys who have been around cars their whole life. That really, in itself, says alot about just how special and individual our interests are as Supercar enthusiasts, even still. That also makes us ponder just how many of these rare beasts have slipped through the cracks, and never have been identified even by the most revered of car guys..

I thank you all for doing what you do. It is very cool to be an archaeologist so to speak, and only so very close still to the roots that we can preserve, collect, document, and cherish the finds while they are still only a stones throw away, but yet still needles in the haystacks... that is what makes the pursuit personal.

...and people think we just like cars