PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Ad

Kim_Howie
10-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Found this ad I had never seen before listing dealers.

Kim_Howie
10-10-2003, 04:22 PM
bottom part

Supercar_Kid
10-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Pretty cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif Can't say I've ever seen that hood stripe treatment on a Deuce either. Looks like modified decklid stripes used on the hood? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Any thoughts on this Marlin? I'm assuming that's a National Dragster we're looking at, can you tell us what the date is on it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Kim_Howie
10-10-2003, 09:36 PM
I just bought this Drag World on E-Bay. The date is Aug 14 1970. The reason I bought it, it had a picture of my 70 camaro in it. I had never seen this ad before. I didn't know Yenko used that many Dealers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Mr70
10-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Kim
Is Fencl-Tufo Chevrolet from Glendale Heights shown?
My screen sux....

Stefano
10-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Well that adv would lead me to believe, that Mancuso Chevrolet did indeed sell a Yenko to Belair62's Buddy, not just a COPO.

JChlupsa
10-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Their listed half way down the first colunm

hvychev
10-11-2003, 02:10 AM
Rick the Ill dealers were

Fencl Tufo Chevy (Mr. Ed)
Sorenson Chevy
Mancuso Chevy
Shaver Chevrolet?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif They were in Homewood and now are Steve Peters Chevrolet. (a distant relitive of yours Rick?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif No actually I know the two owners. They are Steve Fellipos & Peter Gleason, Jerrys Son.)

Any thing on Shaver Marlin? Is it just like the Bill Jacobs Chevrolet situation? Just listed as a dealer in the network but nothing on the inventory sheets or cars found yet?

Kim_Howie
10-11-2003, 12:34 PM
I would have thought Holt Chevy in Maddison Wis would have been on the list?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I know they sold 69 camaros.

Schonyenko2
10-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Kim, It seems that dealers were added and some changed. Two that are almost never listed as deuce dealers are Rapids in Cedar Rapids, or Ericksens in Milan Ill. Friedly in Cedar Falls/Waterloo sold Yenko chevelles, and camaros, but I don't believe any deuces.
I wonder if thats an early prototype in the pic. Schonye

camarojoe
10-11-2003, 05:03 PM
I am also very curious about the car in the pic. I have pics of the Deuce prototype, a 6 cylinder car that was striped up for advertising prior to the delivery of any of the COPO LT-1 cars. The pics i have show the placement of the stripes in the standard layout as used on the production cars. Perhaps this is the same 6 cylinder car, with an alternative stripe layout, that was later changed to the "finalized" layout as we know it. The polaroid snapshots i have are dated April 70, which I have been told is before the COPO run was even produced. I see this issue is dated august 70, but i dont know how far ahead the ad layouts were done prior to the print date of the issues. Maybe one of the guys at Hurst was having a bad day and put the stripe kit on backwards...who knows! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Marlin, you have any info on this ad? A very interesting car to say the least! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Kim_Howie
10-11-2003, 05:25 PM
That's one of reasons I put that up on the site was the striping It didn't take you guy's to long to notice it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mr70
10-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Does it show R&S Chevrolet in Joplin Mo. in that Network?
The writing is to small for me to see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

camarojoe
10-11-2003, 09:19 PM
What people need to realize is the dealers listed in Yenko's old ads is not the "end all" final list of dealers... Yenko ran many ads, and each one seems to have differences in the dealers listed...R&S WAS a yenko affliated dealer at some point, but as with any of the dealers, they may or not be listed within every yenko ad published... and as Frank stated, there are a few dealers listed within old Yenko ads that probably never sold or even recieved a Yenko car... they simply had a deal worked out to be a dealer to promote the availability of Yenko Sportscars, and potentially sell one if a customer requested/ordered one.

JChlupsa
10-11-2003, 09:21 PM
WHAT!!!! now dealers in Hawaii!!!!!!!!! thats just not right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Mr70
10-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Didn't CumonIwannaLayYa Chevrolet sell Yenkos? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Belair62
10-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Stefano...no stripes on the car.....if it was anything it was a COPO Nova...Astro Blue...or it was just a plain old beefed up 350 Nova...he always said it was an LT1 though

Seattle Sam
10-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Was it common for Yenko to call the Deuce the "70 1/2 Deuce" as he does in this ad?
-Sam

resto4u
10-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Kim, they have thorstad chev. listed for madison,wi. I am not sure of the exact date for the change in name, hults/thorstad. Roger

Schonyenko2
10-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Sam, yes it was. The ad from the Cedar Rapids gazette that shows them unloading my car reads,hot off the transport, the 701/2 Yenko deuce. Schonye

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Wow! That is a cool ad, never saw that one before, but several of the Yenko Deuce ad's are in the Drag Worlds and Eastern Drag News - with one or two in the National Dragster.

CamaroJoe is right on the mark, the dealer lists in the old ad's were dynamic and never the same. I believe that the list may have actually changed based on the size restrictions of the individual ad. Just because a dealer was on a particular list does not mean that they sold any Yenko cars, and like Schoneye said, some dealers sold several Deuces and were rarely on a list.

Shaver is on several lists, but I have no records of any Deuces being sold from there. R&S is on several lists, and I know of at least 2 Deuces sold from that dealer. Mancuso Chev is also on several lists, and we know they sold at least 2 Deuces - one of which is back with the original owner. BTW Stefano, just because Mancuso is on a list of dealers doesn't confirm a verbal recollection of a non-Yenko copo Nova. Nice stretch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

I find the stripe design in this ad especially interesting, it helps corraborate a theory of mine that I have been researching for a couple of years now. I have to go buy a digital camera and take some pics of some cars soon, but I think I'm on the right track!

Thanks Kim, good find.