PDA

View Full Version : Briggs LS6 Conv Drag Car 1/18 Model

Musclecarkid
10-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Well....I have some bad news regarding the long awaited release of the Ertl/MIC 1/18 scale 70 LS6 convert, Briggs Chevrolet Drag Car. While checking online last night, I came across a a note on www.LittleDetroitCollectibles.com (http://www.LittleDetroitCollectibles.com) that says: "WE WERE JUST TOLD FROM MIC THIS CAR WILL NOT BE PRODUCED." I emailed Little Detroit Collectibles and received an email saying it may have been canceled due to a license deal. Also emailed Mike at Truppi-Kling, and I'm awaiting their reply on this sad news.The only good news is, I see that Lane Collectibles is releasing a super detailed 1/18 scale LS6 Convertible Red w/ Black Stripes early in 2004. I guess we will have to wait and see if one of these cars can be modified, painted and decaled to look like the Briggs Chevelle. Sorry for the bad news. I am not the only one that has waited 6 months for this NOT to happen......(musclecarkid)

Musclecarkid
10-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Here is a direct link to Little Detroit Collectibles inventory: http://www.littledetroitcars.com/inventory_pre.asp

Z28fan
10-12-2003, 10:30 PM
This may be a blessing in diguise. If Lane does this car instead of Ertl it should be of higher detail and more accurate. Ertl doesn't put a lot of detail into their cars. Hopefully they can work it out by the time the Lane Chevelle is ready to be released. I was really looking forward to that one.

Here's an early shot of the Lane Chevelle Convertible.

Musclecarkid
10-13-2003, 02:40 AM
Jeff I don't see a pic of the Lane 70 convertible in the attachment. Just a black screen? I too hope Lane makes a Briggs-T/K LS6 convertible, since Ertl/MIC has pulled the plug on theirs. You can be sure of one thing, the Red LS6 convertible will be the prototype for the many different colors of 70 convertibles to come. Hope they make one in fathom blue and fathom green and all the 70 colors just like they did with the 70 hardtops.

Z28fan
10-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Try this one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

http://pstr-m03.ygpweb.aol.com/data3/004/08/88/64/69/xXuXWg68e+rXCXiNXuqa4+TjK1II+YJF0180.jpg
Remember, this is only a pic of an early prototype!

Mr70
10-13-2003, 02:59 PM
The 1970 Chevelle Dealers Plastic Promo Models are just as nice too.
They made three versions,Gold HardTop,White Convert.,Gold Convert. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Musclecarkid
10-14-2003, 02:34 AM
Jeff, Is that a modified hardtop or a real 70 convertible prototype? I was hoping they would make a top up version or a removable top.mr70, the GM dealer promo's were not nearly as detailed as todays 1/18 scale models. They are certainly overpriced in today's market as well. The last 70 promo I saw for sale was like $400 many years ago.

Mr70
10-14-2003, 01:27 PM
kid
You're letting your age show through.
My response was not meant to compare these to the diecast.But rather make others aware of them.There is no Comparison in my book.
Dealer Promo models are highly sought after by collectors and very scarce,compared to the Multi thousand Diecast cars on the market today.Every month a new diecast color comes out,HURRY.....COLLECT THEM ALL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
Plastic yes,less detailed yes,but that adds to their collectibilty.The fact that their fragile design has still lasted all these years,and sometimes can be found in the original boxes with Tissue Paper,as well as the cars crisp Details,realistic Chrome plating,and rubber Tires are more true to the cars Original design back then,then Todays thick over painted,over produced diecast cars.
Plastic promos were made for customers,or their kids back then when there was no Collectible Hobby for them yet,and most were Played with and soon broke or destroyed over time.
Not like Today,where some grown men buy diecast,just to leave them in the unopened box and store them away Hoping they gain in Moneitary value.
Don't get me wrong,diecast models are fun,as I have a few too,but Depending on the Promo model,they are not "certainly overpriced" as $400.00 is an average price today,to pay for a plastic original model that is unmolested and was produced 30,40 or 50 years ago,still in the original box with Tissue packing paper.
If you find any 1970 Chevelle dealer Plastic promo Models let me know and I will gladly take them off your hands,as I have a list of people waiting for them,as am I......

JoeC
10-14-2003, 01:34 PM
I have a silver 1/43 scale 69 SS Chevelle AMT model that looks alot like the Chevy promo. Did Chevy buy them from AMT?

Mr70
10-14-2003, 01:39 PM
AMT actually designed them for Chevrolet and other Car Manufacturers back then.Later MPC took over the contracts.

Musclecarkid
10-14-2003, 07:12 PM
MR70........Please read the title of this thread!!!!This is about one car in particular, not some 34 year old overpriced plastic toy you keep in your underwear drawer.Stop high jackin' my threads and keep your childish comments to yourself, please. Start your own thread on GM promos if you must.

Mr70
10-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Relax kid.
Believe it or not,there are other cars out there besides the Briggs sponsored Chevelle.

Musclecarkid
10-15-2003, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Relax kid.Believe it or not,there are other cars out there besides the Briggs sponsored Chevelle.

[/ QUOTE ] mr70.......Your correct once again!...I wasn't aware that there were any other cars out there besides the Briggs Chevelle, after all, what would those other forums above this one be for? (Yenko, Baldwin Motion, Nickey, COPO, Etc.).....My mistake for starting a thread in "Misc. Dealers" about a Dealer Specific, one off car, that just happens to be from the Dealer mentioned in the Tltle of this topic. SORRY MAN!!!!! Considering this is one of the rarest, low mileage, un-titled, well documented LS6 Convertibles on the planet and you are MR70 the "70 Chevelle Expert." Why do you always seem to discredit this or other LS6 Convertibles on this board? I for one enjoy sharing interesting information about this or any other Chevelle or SuperCar. You always want people to send you rare and interesting L78 Build Sheets, and choose not to share any of your prized paper collection with anyone else! Are you jealous of owners of LS6 convertibles just because they are not L78's? Why must you always reply with corny, childish remarks? Look at some of your thousands of one liner, stupid replies on this forum and tell us why you even bother to comment? Thankfully, there are other members on this board who are both interested and serious about this topic and have showed it through there generous replies. GROW UP! and think before you press "Continue" on your reply!.........Kevin (musclecarkid) Age 41, if your interested.

Mr70
10-15-2003, 01:45 PM
kid
Its my sense of Humor.And you have to have one today,so as to not take everything everyone says so seriously,and literally.Loosen up,don't sweat the small things.Life is to short.
I like the 1970 Chevrolet Cars.
You are trying to make me into something I am not.I never claimed to be an expert,about anything,ever,anywhere.Why would you think I am?
Show me where I or it says that.
It would take a very pompous,egotistical,Manipulative,an unrealistic person to make that outlandish claim today,..although someone has decided to call himself that on this BB.But has recently decided to ammend his profile.
I have never discredited the 1970 LS6 Chevelle,only the thosands of Clones or outlandish one of one claims for it.I am currently seeking to buy one at a realistic market price as we speak.I would love to own one now as I did in the past
I also enjoy the L34,L78 & LS5 Chevelle.
I share information as well as Buldsheets,etc. with all those who are honest in their motives,and not looking to fabricate one from the information they recieve from me or any of us.To many people are currently on the bandwagon for these Chevelles,who never cared at all about it in recent years.Only to suddenly take an interest to further their Savings account or boost their ego,but introduce themselves as a "Real Lover of these cars",Where were they 20 years ago?
If you are an enthusiast of any of these cars,then you should understand this.
This is your topic,and I do not mean to turn it into something else.my apologies to others who are turned off by this.It was not my intent.Merely trying to share some information related to it.
Rick Peters

yountto
10-15-2003, 07:50 PM
musclecarkid, MR70 got his promo car stolen out of his "underwear drawer" 33 years ago,and it was never recovered.I dont think he fully recovered either,this one had a buildsheet and the original plastic motor...give him a break on this,he really is a nice guy im told...

budnate
10-15-2003, 11:42 PM
Good one, Chuck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Musclecarkid
10-16-2003, 12:37 AM
MR70.....Since you say you share information and Buildsheets, Send me a Copy of Your 70 L-78 Buildsheet from your Red Chevelle. Its only fair, cause I sent you the one from "The Last 70 L-78 Chevelle" built 12/08/69 in Baltimore. Fair Enough?..........In return, I will send what's left of my 70 Chevelle Convertible's Buildsheet. (after the mice removed it from my rear lower seat springs and re-installed it in the upper rear seat cushion.) Most pieces are about the size of confetty, but you maybe able to examine them under your microscope to determine my car's original origin. Then you can log your results in your book, just in case someone builds it into something it was not born as and sells it to line their bank account......BTW, I just picked up a "matching numbers" 1970 307-200HP Engine from Yountto for $4500, but the VIN is not correct for my car. Do you know anyone who can re-stamp my 307 with the correct numbers?...........PM (musclecarkid) if you can help. Thanks, Kevin

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Ahhh! Sittin on the sidelines for a change - and lovin it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

55chevy
10-16-2003, 02:42 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Musclecarkid
10-17-2003, 03:34 AM
mr70......You have failed to respond to my question. Stop pickin' on Yountto, and come on back and let me know if you help me de-code my 70 Ragtop. Also do you think Yountto F*^#ed me on that 307 engine? I just found out its got 2 sleeves and epoxy covering a crack in the block. What am I going to do now?........(musclecarkid)

Mr70
10-17-2003, 03:51 AM
kid
Ok.....You asked me.
I can not in good faith give you a copy of my cars Buildsheet,and I'll tell you why.
I don't believe your request is actually Geniune.
I feel your sarcasm an resentment from resent posts has Malicious intentions.That and plus the fact that you are hanging with the wrong crowd.
I am talking about Yountto,AKA..CJ or 427King or Chuck Alekisnes, or who knows what he will change his Ebay name to next,who you once claimed to be working for,if not at least,best buds by now.
His Reputation and questionable Selling tactics and Claims precede him.We all know who he is and what he is about,and I will not play apart in it,or share information with him nor anyone who is as close to him as you are.He has to many Skeletons in the Closet,in two many places.
He also likes to retract replies on this BB minutes after he incriminates himself.As you can see in your Childish ad in the Parts for sale section under Promo model.

If you need your 307/200HP block restamped,I'm sure he woud be more then Happy to Help you out.

And No I am not a site Moderator here,I just have Good friends here who stay in touch.Stop waisting theirs and everyone elses Valuable time.
You asked me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

yountto
10-17-2003, 04:08 AM
You mean you HAD good friends.They realize now what an immature [censored] you really are,and they dont come to your rescue anymore,maybe you havent noticed.The more you open your mouth the more its evident....By the way,i have 3 emails in my possesion from last year saying you go around marking peoples trim tags at shows[im wondering why,OH so no one will change the color of thier car],i have about 50 others telling me what an [censored] you are....just for the record my car doesnt have a CE motor in it

MotownMadman
10-17-2003, 04:46 AM
Mr70
Regardless if I liked you or not, up until now I had repect for you. Chuck and I have done business both ways with no problem, I find him nothing but honorable. I would not bring this to the board had you not already, so I will save my true opinion if you choose to contact me by Email. But remember, we only live a few hundred miles away PUNK!
MOTOWNMADMAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Musclecarkid
10-17-2003, 04:48 AM
mr70.......First...What gives you the right to change the title of my thread?.....Second, You are a one sided, selfish individual when it comes to sharing any information from your "vaulted collection" of "70 Chevrolet Memorabilla."Why do you beg everybody for buildsheets and cowl tag data and never share your secret files with others? What are your intentions? How do we know if your intentions are Geniune? You think you can document every 70 Chevelle in the country? I sent you one of the missing links (70 L78 Buildsheet) in this whole 70 LS6-L78 start/finish deal, and you think I have "Malicious" Intentions wanting a copy of yours! WOW!....Please return my L78 Buildsheet, I don't want to play anymore! How can you accuse me of "Hanging with the Wrong Crowd"? I never worked for Yountto, although he has offered. The commute from NJ to CT is kind of rough (about 150 miles one way)......Yountto's sales tactics have nothing to do with you or I, that's his business not ours. If people on this site are buying from him, and their happy with the parts and price, what's the problem? You seem to have a grudge against Yountto for some unknown reason. Why should you concern yourself with the contents of "Yountto's Closet"? You should see what he has in his garage! Last...Who are you speaking for when you say: "We all know who he is and what he is about."? Do you have a "Gang" or an "Illinois Pose" out your way? Maybe you should step back and see if you still have any friends left in the hobby to back you, before you speak for everyone on this board! Stop concerning yourself with everybodys personal deals and enjoy the hobby. Isn't that why we have these cars anyway?........P.S. I still want that Buildsheet back and destroy any copies you have made!.......(musclecarkid)

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Matt;
Why can't you stay on the sidelines and just watch? Isn't it nice for a change that there's a spat and it's not us /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KENNY_PASCOE
10-17-2003, 09:28 PM
CAN'T DECIDE WHATS BETTER, THE YANKEE GAME LAST NIGHT, OR THIS THREAD. WOW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

JoeG
10-17-2003, 10:53 PM
musclecarkid,
If the Lane diecast goes thru--It would definately be worth the wait , being your a big fan of that car---JoeG

Musclecarkid
10-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Joe....For a minute there while awaiting your reply, I thought you were going to ambush me about my replies above. I was already putting on my "Kevlar Suit" just in case...............False Alarm! All Clear Signal has Sounded...........I too hope "Lane Exact Detail" has decided to take on the LS6 Convertible Drag Car Project. Then at least we know it will be done right.......(musclecarkid)

JoeG
10-17-2003, 11:16 PM
Nope--were all big boys---just wanted to say something on your model

hvychev
10-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey JoeG is a die cast guy himself! I finally just saw the die cast model of YOUR OWN car Joe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif That has got to be the coolest thing to have your car as a die cast model. Joe do they pay like a royalty to use someones exact car to do this? Ken Bojie, Mike Guarise, how about you?

Oh, and SCkid I bet you really thought that it was going to be trouble to see my name in your post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JoeG
10-18-2003, 12:34 AM
Frank,
No royalties here--The car is special because of Joel Rosen/Motion Performance--Baldwin Motion trademarks and names are Joels--I just kept the car clean --model is kinda neat though-----JoeG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Musclecarkid
10-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Frank, Why would I expect trouble from you? No problems on my end. Just a litle fun, venting on an old issue between a few members. No big deal!....I hear the ratings were high last night......MC-Kid

jaze70ss
10-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Just for the record... I recently bought another 70 ss chevelle. On ebay no less. I asked in a thread on this site about some info on scraps of the buildsheet. prop shaft colors to be exact. Rick promtly answered my post and cleared any doubt from my mind my car was real,in fact he answered extra questions for me in PMs. I can only say as i have only been associated with this site since last october,he was more than helpful to a relative stranger....Thanks again Mr 70.
jay b

Musclecarkid
10-18-2003, 04:09 AM
Jay B....He definately knows his stuff about 70 Chevelles, and thats a fact. But he failed to answer my question in that very same thread you started on 70 SS Driveshaft Stripes. He is very selective on who he shares his knowledge with. You are one of few people he's shared info with. More than likely he has all your info and buildsheet data logged into his master files. Nothing wrong with that, as long as he has no Malicious Intentions.

MotownMadman
10-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Marlin,
Point well made and good advice.
Thanks,
Motown

10-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Rick I would greatly appreciate a copy of your cars' buildsheet. I think you have had a copy of mine (maybe a copy of both sheets) for some time, and I'm attempting to further document the L78/LS6 timeline, so your sheet is needed. Thanks.

Greg

Musclecarkid
10-23-2003, 01:42 AM
Greg......Thanks for sharing your LS6 information with me and others interested in this L78/LS6 timeline. Your LS6 and it's build sheet are surely a key part of the puzzle, and very unique. The letter from Jim M. was also very interesting.......Thanks again for sharing!.....Kevin

Supercar_Kid
10-23-2003, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and SCkid I bet you really thought that it was going to be trouble to see my name in your post!

[/ QUOTE ] Frank, are you referring to me (Supercar_Kid) or are you confusing me with the musclecarkid? Might be time to put your beer down... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

hvychev
10-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah I did......I think that you have gotten that more than once now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif