PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin Car For Sale

gr8grl7
10-16-2003, 09:25 PM
For Sale:
1970 Baldwin Motion Nova. Needs total restoration. Included in the sale price are all new parts for the car. Pictures available upon request. Car is in Southren California.
For more information call (661) 723-0817 ask for Dustin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

SuperCars
10-16-2003, 09:41 PM
I'm interested. Just left a message on your recorder, as well as emailed you. Thanks, Kevin

JoeG
10-16-2003, 10:19 PM
gr8grl7,
I guess you contacted JoeL Rosen--to document your car-that's how we last left off back in June---???--JoeG

Mr70
10-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Dustin
I am interested too.
Can you release the asking price here,as is the new standard practice on this BB.
You should list this in the Cars for sale area too.
Rick

hvychev
10-16-2003, 11:56 PM
You are Rick??

SuperCars
10-17-2003, 12:00 AM
I bought the car. It is not yet totally documented. We'll see what develops.

hvychev
10-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Wow while we were all scratching our heads and wondering about the car and it's sale price Kevin has bought the car, having it shipped, and about to have a nice dinner in that short time! Wow heres to you Kevin good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

JoeG
10-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Good Luck---- M /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gifTI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gifN

Mr70
10-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Cool Kevin.
Glad to see someone pulled the trigger.
Please keep us updated on what develops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

55chevy
10-18-2003, 02:34 AM
Send me all the pictures you have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif 55chevy454@(remove...)sbcglobal.net

55chevy
10-18-2003, 02:41 AM
can we see the pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gr8grl7
10-24-2003, 01:35 AM
NO THE CAR IS NOT SOLD, WE ARE IN NEGOTIATIONS, AND NO, IT HAS NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED ANYWHERE, OFFERS STILL BEING TAKEN.

DUSTIN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

55chevy
10-24-2003, 03:38 AM
CAN WE SEE THE PICS PLEASE?

SuperCars
10-24-2003, 05:07 AM
I am in Southern Calif right now. Been to this car twice now. I spent the day with Dustin's dad. Just got off the phone with Dustin to see what's going crazy here. Anyway we signed an agreement for this car 10-16-03. I've given Dustin 50% payment of the total sales price, some is cash greenbacks, and most is in form of a check that I've asked for him to hold cashing until I can verify the motor. It is supposed to be a 396/375HP motor that is in a guys garage that is out of town, so we are waiting for him to return tomorrow in order for me to see it.This car is NOT I repeat NOT documented as a Motion. I will need to contact Joel and pay the fee to see if it is or isn't. It is supposed to be an 396/375HP?? car, but I've yet to see that.

Anyway, I almost sympathize with Dustin because a bunch of you Yo-Yo's out there are calling him offering to buy it when we already have a signed legal binding agreement. I am sad as it prompted Dustin's post above. I can almost understand why Dustin made a post when whomever you Yo-Yo's out there are calling him to try to buy it, when you idiots calling him don't know anything about this car. It is in as poor condition as one could think. If you thought the pics of the possible DANA thread Camaro were rough, this car is much more rougher. It will be a very high dollar resto. If it is not a Motion car it is not worth restoring even if it is a 396/375HP car, and I don't even know if it is an L78 yet. If it is a Motion car it will only be worth what I would have in it after restoration. As I type this I still have not seen the motor, but am told is supposed to be a 396/375HP motor, so best case scenario is that it is a 396 Motion car. You guys need to lay off, and just let us wrap this up with me inspecting the motor to check the CKQ suffix with matchin VIN. Thank you!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Charley Lillard
10-24-2003, 05:40 AM
Kevin..So a Car is advertised for Sale and People inquire about it and because of that we are Yo Yos and Idiots ? I stayed away from the Car because you so quickly said you had bought it. Then Today the Owner Posts that is indeed not Sold. I called and asked him what happened and he told me that you had made a offer but he was still accepting offers as yours wasn't very much. There was no mention of a Contract. He even went on to say that the Highest offer was made by someone other than you and that the Highest offer was a Whopping 12,000.00. He also said he didn't see your Post about you having claimed to have bought the Car until his Girlfriend checked the Site Today. That is why they said the Car is still For Sale. You may indeed have a Contract with him but how are we Idiots supposed to know that ? Is a Post like yours worth it for a 12K Car ? Wow...I think I'm actually Speechless.... Good Luck...Signed..One of your Idiot Friends....

LVCamaro
10-24-2003, 05:42 AM
I didn't call [nor know anyone that did] Kevin, but the owner just posted 4 hours ago that he was seeking offers and the car was not sold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Maybe that's what he's been telling others that have contacted him too. It's confusing when a seller says it for sale, and a buyer says it's not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Hope it turns out to be a new real-deal for someone!
SS

SuperCars
10-24-2003, 05:52 AM
Charley, is it necessary to post a copy of our contract??? I can, it is dated 10-16-03. But I would have thought guys would believe me. I can understand why the guys called after the recent post by Dustin today, but I am speaking of the guys that were calling prior to today. They are the ones that prompted Dustin to make this post today.

When you told me about the Supersnake car for sale on eBay, I told you I had made attempts to buy it years previous. At that time didn't seem you were interested in this car, or I assume you would've bought it from the eBay auction. Anyway, later when you said you had something in the works on it I respected you and refrained from calling the owner/seller of that car. I didn't know you were a caller on this supposed Motion Nova, and don't think of you as a Yo-Yo or idiot. I am the one that is speechless now. Signed....One of your frustrated friends....at least I hope we are.

Charley Lillard
10-24-2003, 06:28 AM
I don't doubt that you have some kind of Contract and don't really care to see it. I think your Issue should be more Focused with the Person you have the Contract with. He apparently still thinks the Car is still For Sale as Evidenced by his Post. I would Imagine there were also many that did stay away after you said you had bought the Car as well as those that didn't. I assumed you didn't indeed Buy the Car for whatever reason and Inquired. Motion cars are very much in demand and you should expect People to keep calling the Guy. The best way to have avoided all this would have been to just Buy the Car.. The Price seems pretty cheap and I don't see why you would even bother to buy it if it was just a L78 Car. The best thing would be for the Owner to post that it is Sold and end all Confusion as we are all losing Sleep over it.
As for the SuperSnake.. I never saw it on Ebay but was told about it by a Friend. It had been on Ebay but I never saw it. You were told about it by Dave and Contacted me. I was told by the Seller that someone was in line for the Car ahead of me and relayed that to you. I do remember your comment about since it was advertised that it was Fair Game but then you backed off and I'm glad you did because I would have had to Kill Dave....

Jeff Murphy
10-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Post deleted by GarnetM20

JoeC
10-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Was this car ever painted green and set up as a drag car?

SuperCars
10-24-2003, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best thing would be for the Owner to post that it is Sold and end all Confusion as we are all losing Sleep over it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Dustin should post it is taken and should not be posting they are still taking offers. He's signed a legal binding contract and received money from me. Not only is your word your honor, but an attorney would have no problem enforcing this contract. It is stated in the contract that I am to inspect and confirm the car/drivetrain which I was told was all original, so that is why I am here. The car has a 10-bolt on it right now, but was told the original rear and muncie was at another house. We went to see it and it was a 12 bolt stamped with numbers for a Camaro. The Muncie had different VIN on it, so it is not original. The motor I've not seen yet, nor has Dustin for a year or so. Several times we went by the guys place that is storing the motor, but not home, and Dustin did not have his phone number. Aside from seeing what motor to verify what it is, it would be nice to see that is not missing. I think that is only fair and reasonable that I be allowed to verify what I was told, plus in writing in the contract, and also states that I am to entitled to inspect what I am buying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SuperCars
10-24-2003, 01:27 PM
Joe C, no it wasn't.

Charley Lillard
10-24-2003, 01:44 PM
I think if I was in that situation I would offer to throw in a Knuckle Sandwich to close the deal...

55chevy
10-24-2003, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if I was in that situation I would offer to throw in a Knuckle Sandwich to close the deal...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Kevin should definetly be left alone to investigate this Nova and see what it truely is. And I don't think the seller should be on here accepting offers or even allowing phoned in bribes since he has a binding contract with Kevin. If the car turns out to be a real Motion Nova could you post up some pics of it for those of us with no money who will never get to own a Motion car to see? If it turns out not to be an actual Motion car, don't worry about the pics.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SuperCars
10-25-2003, 02:57 AM
Actually it is done and it all worked itself out. Dustin, fiance, and Dad are nice folks.

I attribute some of the problems to callers that were trying to undermine our deal.

Pictures will get posted when I return home.

GTO_DON
10-25-2003, 06:01 AM
NAME CALLING?,CONTRACTS,LAWYERS!,SORRY TO HEAR THAT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif WHAT A SHAME,OVER A CAR,JUNK AT THAT!! WHERE THE HELL DID ALL THE FUN GO? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I GUESS THE 80'S ARE REALLY OVER! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif JUST A THOUGHT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

55chevy
10-25-2003, 07:01 AM
So another Motion Nova has been found and will live again in it's former glory??? AWESOME! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif Thanks for saving another piece of Super Car history Kevin. Give that machine justice.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SuperCars
10-25-2003, 12:38 PM
GTO Don, I assume you are making generalized statements about the hobby, and these are not directed at me. These are my opininons to your comments
[ QUOTE ]
NAME CALLING?

[/ QUOTE ] I think using the words Yo-Yo and idiot are too tame to describe guys attempting to buy this car out from under me.
[ QUOTE ]
CONTRACTS

[/ QUOTE ]I used to believe verbal was good enough, but nowadays I get it in writing with signatures because of situations like this car deal and guys trying to undermine it.
[ QUOTE ]
LAWYERS

[/ QUOTE ]Don't even like the mention of that word, only mentioned it as being the avenue to enforce signed agreements. Never have, and don't believe I'd ever do anything over buying a car to supposedly enjoy; and the amount involved on this car was not worth doing anything.
[ QUOTE ]
JUNK CAR

[/ QUOTE ] It is now. But now the intent is to get it documented fully, and restore. A good portion of great cars in the hobby were junk when found.

LVCamaro
10-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey Kevin;

Send me your junk please! [That POS orange Dana for starters].

Post up those pictures...

SS

COPO
10-25-2003, 11:27 PM
Kevin, I sent you an email. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/CharleySucks.gif

SuperCars
10-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Okay Steve, I'll put The DANA in my will to you. Now you just got to hope I croak before you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif Anyway you have good taste in junk. All your cars are awesome, not a bad one in the bunch.

COPO Charlie, I got one email, that I replied to from my Laptop. Is that the one or did you send a second one? Thanks.

COPO
10-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Sent another one to your AOL account.

NovaMob03
10-27-2003, 12:51 AM
I confess that I am probably the yo-yo referred to in the previous posts by SuperCars.

Sensing a ëSmoke Screení I did not believe that the car in question could have been purchased so quickly & I called Dustin. He stated that the car had not been sold although SuperCars had faxed a Sales Agreement & he, in turn, offered the Vin #. He also said he had not signed the agreement nor was there a deposit on the car. The added that SuperCars was planning to come look at the car within the next few days. Dustin didnít seem to know that the car had been posted as ìsoldî on the website hence his post that the car was still available.

The asking price was $9k but with other recently purchased parts he wanted $12k. Three other people looked it over the day I called. I told Dustin that with B-M documentation that the car would be worth for more than his asking price (possibly $30k-50k) & recommended he contact Joel before making his final decision to sell the car. I then told him that if SuperCars passed on the car to consider me second & guaranteed a back up offer of $12k plus $3k if heíd install the drive train ñ but added if it was B-M that Iíd pay more.

SuperCars, your post regarding individuals circumventing your purchase of this car raised my ire. After all, you attempted to do the same to me last year when I was buying my Gibb / Harrell Nova-Even after the seller told you that we had consummated the deal w/ a written agreement & a substantial deposit.

In closing, Iíll say that Dustin seemed like a nice young guy who, in my opinion, shouldnít have been bullied into selling his car to the first person to agree to his asking price & that he had every right to re-think his decision without legal action becoming part of the equation. He, his fiancÈ & his father should be commended for their ethics for what appeared to be some sort of a verbal agreement, which quickly snowballed into something else. Good luck to you! Jude

shor
10-27-2003, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when whomever you Yo-Yo's out there are calling him to try to buy it, when you idiots calling him don't know anything about this car.

[/ QUOTE ]

shor
10-27-2003, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I attribute some of the problems to callers that were trying to undermine our deal.

Pictures will get posted when I return home

[/ QUOTE ]

shor
10-27-2003, 01:09 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
maybe you should post those pictures on YOUR site

LVCamaro
10-27-2003, 01:26 AM
Jude,
I can tell that you're upset and I don't blame you, given your description of the antics when you bought your Nova and the discussion you had with this seller. It doesn't sound like you did ANYTHING wrong, so I doubt that you're the "yo-yo" in question. There's a giant leap between a draft agreement and a formalized written agreement. After reading Dustin's post the other evening, it would appear that he didn't feel like a purchase contract had been consummated at the time you called.

You obviously felt the need to defend yourself, and you've done so admirably. Have a good week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
SS

MotownMadman
10-27-2003, 02:18 AM
Not long ago I had contacted Dave Belk to let him know of a Deuce in Traverse city Michigan. Dave called the owner, made a deal for a tidy sum, and went on his way with truck and trailer towards Traverse City to pick up the car. Meanwhile, someone else here that was aware of the deal mentioned it to a few other people, and on down the line, next thing you know Dave is calling me from Chicago, halfway into the trip, to let me know he had just talked to the seller who had sold the car to someone else. The new buyer had no idea a deal had already been made on the car and when he found out he offered to Dave to bow out of the deal. Honorable. Dave responded with telling the new buyer to go ahead and get the car and turned around and went home frustrated, yet honorable. The seller who expected X amount of $$, came to agree on that amount with Dave. Meanwhile, someone unknowing of the previous deal offers more and the seller jumps on it. Dishonorable. If Kevin had a contract and deposit the seller should not have even been discussing the sale of the car to anyone else. It appears all the interest generated may have awoke the great Dragon of greed to possibly cause the seller to rethink his first deal. If Kevin had struck a deal, that was it, it was Kevin's car. But, it is possible that the other people inquiring about the car may not have been aware of a previous deal as with the Deuce, possibly the seller had led others to believe there was no deal as evidenced by his post. However Kevin, had it all been reversed and you were calling on the car unaware or convinced by the seller there was no deal, I dont think that would make you a yo-yo or an idiot, it would make you a car collector in search of your passion. The seller and his family may be nice people, but I am a bit confused as to how you had a deal yet the seller is posting there was no deal, thereby inviting anyone else interested to call. Looking at the big picture, other then a possible big misunderstanding I would think the harsh remarks should have been directed at the seller if anyone at all for advertising the car further after a deal had been made. Two things in this world will cause people to operate outside the boundries of honor and common sense, love and money, which this situation has both, the love of the hobby and the money from potential profit. Somebody owes somebody an apology here, I am not sure though who those individuals may be. Just my opinion.
Thanks,
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Zedder
10-27-2003, 02:19 AM
Well said Jude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

SuperCars
10-27-2003, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I then told him that if SuperCars passed on the car to consider me second & guaranteed a back up offer

[/ QUOTE ]

Jude, Ray Morrison gave me Paul's phone number, and it was unknown to both us that you had an agreement with Paul. I called Paul out of the dark, not even knowing he had the car for sale. What you posted above is exactly what I told Paul Rochester about his (now your) Gibb Nova when you were in process of buying it and had a written agreement with Paul. That if you didn't follow through I'd like to be second on it. Nothing more than that. I didn't tell him he should be getting a lot more $ for it as you were paying way under market value.

Dustin indeed had signed the written agreement on 10-16-03 and his fiance also signed and faxed it back to me from her work at Hale Chiropractic. The day I flew down I gave him $500 cash and a check for $4,000, even after I found that the rear end and trans was not original as he said it was. I couldn't inspect the motor as the guy storing it wasn't home and Dustin did not even have his phone number. I merely asked that they hold on cashing the $4,000 check until I could see the motor. Instead of paying in full we made an amendment (he signed also) that the balance of $4,500 wired to him when all the parts to the car were rounded up and the car ready for pick up.

http://www.corvettes-musclecars.com/yenko.net/70Nova.jpg

Then AFTER signing this agreement and accepting the deposit of $500 cash plus $4,000 check, they posted in this thread that they are still taking offers. Why do you feel they didn't have to honor a signed agreement with a deposit. Why do you feel its right that I should spend a $1,000 to fly down, just to get the run around? I didn't bully them, I just expected them to honor the agreement, is that wrong???

How would you have felt if Paul Rochester had posted on the Yenko site that his Gibb Nova was for sale, and he was taking offers after you had a written agreement and had given Paul money? Paul didn't, but that is what Dustin did to me.

Jude, you really aren't being fair here. Anyway I thank you for the Chevelle magazine you sent, that was very nice of you. I emailed a thanks, but it didn't go through, you must have changed your email address.

Shor, what is your issue? All you've done is back out on a car deal with me, with some excuse that my orange Yenko from Otis Chandler's collection wasn't in(Otis owned 2 orange ones) Otis Chandlers book. I never told you it was, but I graciously sent your $40,000 deposit back, no questions asked. What more could I do for you???

This must be bash Kevin week. Started because I point out that it isn't right for guys to call to mess up a car deal that really isn't any of their business.

SuperCars
10-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Motown, well said. My comments weren't against callers that called AFTER Dustin posted the second time that the car was still for sale. If everyone re-reads my post, I was referencing callers that were calling PRIOR to his second post saying he's still taking offers. You can almost understand Dustin's plight if someone is calling previously and telling him that the car is worth $30-50,000; even hough it is an undocumented car and needing about $50,000 to 60,000 restoration on it.

So I am clarifying and I am repeating again, I don't have any problem with the guys that called after Dustin re-posted it's still for sale and taking offers. It's the guys calling him beforehand that caused all the trouble.

I don't see anyone commenting about the "COPO for $500 thread". I wish my deal was that good. I've assumed the risk on this car as it is still undocumented. Dustin was not willing to send Joel $1,500.

LVCamaro
10-27-2003, 03:45 AM
Nah...I don't think it's "bash Kevin week". I think it's more like your Friday evening post actually invited the innocent folks [that had dropped a quarter] to defend themselves. They [Charley, Jude, et al.] were likely thinking: "hmmm...I DID call about the car, but I DID NOT try to interfere with Kevin's deal." Accordingy, nobody likes to be called names, so they professed their innocence out in the sunshine by posting on the forum. If the roles were reversed, I expect you'd announce your no-fault version too.

You moved quickly Kevin, and you got the car...but don't expect a round of applause from the 2nd place losers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

SS

SuperCars
10-27-2003, 04:02 AM
Yeah, Steve maybe you're right. If the guys that called after Dustins post saying "still taking offers' feel the need to stick up for themselves, that's fair. But they should have payed more attention that I am only upset with the earlier bunch that called Dustin after I posted I bought the car. If having a agreement both verbally and a written purchase agreement doesn't mean someone has bought a car, what the heck does? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well I'm sure there are readers of this thread sitting back and eating popcorn just enjoying the show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif I guess I got to keep a sense of humour because this whole thing is ridiculous.

55chevy
10-27-2003, 04:07 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just waitin for the pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif

MotownMadman
10-27-2003, 04:08 AM
This all goes with the territory. When you have a limited amount of collectable cars with a lot of collectors, ruthlessness will rear it's head. No different then the world of rare art, Gems, Coins, etc. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. We must keep in sight that no material item or collectable is worth enough to sacrifice honor over, a thousand rightous transactions will never be remembered over the one unethical transaction. Never allow any deal to be controlled by emotion, clear thought will prevail over emotion every time. The prisons are full of people who acted on emotion with a crime of passion that most would not have commited utilizing clear thought. To a lesser degree this hobby has the elements necessary to go either way, calm or chaos. One rare car that is found and made known to the collector world could be compared to a Monday morning sale table surrounded by women at your local discount store. Cooler heads must prevail.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Zedder
10-27-2003, 04:11 AM
Supercars, I can understand you being upset after hearing your explanation, but I can also understand someone calling after YOU posted that the car was sold. I have no interest in this car and did not call. However, if it was a '67 Z-28 I would have called just to make sure the deal went through and perhaps to put my name on a waiting list should it go sour. Now, if Justin told me that you and he had a deal, I would never have told him I would offer more or that he sold too cheaply - that's dirty pool. If it were JUSTIN that posted that the car was sold, I would not have called after the fact. Just trying to help you see how others may have seen the situation. IMHO, if you knew who tried to undermine your deal, you should have went to them directly rather than name calling the masses here. At the end of the day, you've got the car...enjoy it!

55chevy
10-27-2003, 04:25 AM
ok.. We've all heard both sides.. Can I put an end to this??
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Charley.gif
NOW can we see some pics of the damn thing?? Vintage ones would be best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Zedder
10-27-2003, 04:29 AM
Ed, I'm startin' to think you have an obsession with pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'd be a little nervous if I was one of your old girlfriends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SuperCars
10-27-2003, 04:30 AM
Zedder, I wasn't name calling the masses. I couldn't contact individuals direct as Dustin wouldn't say who the callers were. I made a general announcement because I couldn't identify anyone, and knew the guilty parties would know what they did. It appears now the callers are speaking out to defend themselves, perhaps some feel guilty for having interferred with my deal.

Why would any member of this board question the fact that I bought the car. I would've thought they know me as a serious collector that doesn't make statements lightly. Oh well, I've said enough for now unless I have to come back and defend my position some more, but prefer to just let it go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

55chevy
10-27-2003, 04:46 AM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif Not THOSE kind of pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif Just like to see the supercars I haven't seen before. ESPECIALLY the Motion stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbang.gif I figure this is about as close as I'll ever get to having one of my own. I just don't make Supercar kind of money. So I gotta get my enjoyment and be part of the hobby in the ways I can afford. Collecting pictures and model cars and stuff like that.

Zedder
10-27-2003, 04:50 AM
Supercars, My statement was made as a generalty, it wasn't directed towards you personally. I don't know you personally, but I know you as a serious collector, but that doesn't mean a deal you are involved in couldn't go sour. The point I was trying to make was that some may have simply called to confirm with the SELLER that the car was sold. I would say it is unusual for the BUYER to announce that the car was sold, wouldn't you? Regardless, I am not trying to start an arguement with you. I was simply trying to help you see how others might have innocently attempted to make sure the deal was done. Like I said before, I didn't call on this car, but I wouldn't feel guilty if I did and acted as I described earlier. And I would have taken offense to being called and idiot and a yo-yo like other incocent callers did. I think you have a right to be upset with those who specifically called to screw up your deal, but your statements were unintentionally directed at all callers.

shor
10-27-2003, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Jude, you really aren't being fair here. Anyway I thank you for the Chevelle magazine you sent, that was very nice of you. I emailed a thanks, but it didn't go through, you must have changed your email address.

Shor, what is your issue? All you've done is back out on a car deal with me, with some excuse that my orange Yenko from Otis Chandler's collection wasn't in(Otis owned 2 orange ones) Otis Chandlers book. I never told you it was, but I graciously sent your $40,000 deposit back, no questions asked. What more could I do for you???

[/ QUOTE ]

Supercars, I see by your last post that you are attempting to get personal. Do you think I am upset over that deal? Do you think my response to you was because I was secretly harboring ill will with you? The fact of the matter is that my respone about posting your phots on YOUR own site was because I don't care to see them here. I don't care for your behavior either, with regards to this car. There are plenty of people here who will kiss your *** and tell you how great you are and what a wonderful collection you have, and to please share some pics with us. I am not one of them. I like people for who they are, and how they treat others.It is tough to guauge people in the computer world but you can read thier posts and get a pretty good handle. Why don't you take a step back now Kevin, and reread your posts..... YOU have taken the fun out of this whole car.

My posts and responses are about PUBLIC issues that are raised on the board. Once a car hits the BOARD or a response hits the BOARD it is public info.
I guess you feel threatned or backed into a corner as evidenced by your last post dealing with PRIVATE issues.
What is that crap about Judes magazine. Are you trying to imply to everyone that Jude just is mad at you because he didn't get a thank you card from you??
And what about that crap about me not buying your your orange Yenko? Would you REALLY like to discuss that?? Because now that you have made it public I could start a new thread if you like.....

SuperCars
10-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Shor, I was unclear as what your first posts were made for as there was no text, so asked what your issue was? When I saw your post that I should post pics on my own site, it came across like you are the moderator and wanted me to leave this site. I wasn't attacking you about not buying my Yenko (didn't understand why) and only brought it up saying that I graciously returned your deposit without question. As I had done nothing towards you, I couldn't understand your posts, and yes I felt you were having ill feelings towards me, with no reason for it. You made it personal first with your first comment to go posts pics on my own site. Sorry if I mis-interpreted your posts, or anyone elses posts that were genuinely innocent for that matter. Just don't feel it is correct for posts attacking me for being upset with guys that truly tried to undermine this deal.

The magazine I was thanking Jude for sending me was a sincere thank you. Felt it was good to at least say a few kind words in this ugly thread. But Shor is correct that the fun out of owning this car is gone. Basically, I had no clue as to who called or made attempts to buy it out from under me; so I did not say names nor make personal attacks on anyone. In frustration, I did make a general open statement telling guys to quit calling, as it could have been any of the thousands of non-registered readers of this site, that called Dustin's phone number to attempt to buy it out from under me. But it is the responders to this thread here that have made personal attacks to me first; thus making it personal, and I feel the need to defend myself.

Mr70
10-27-2003, 01:06 PM
SuperCars
For the record,although I stated early in this thread I was interested in this Car,I never persude it after you replied that you had bought it.I have never met you,but I feel I know you to be a man of your word,and in my book I felt it was indeed a Done deal.I admire you for that and Thank You for your Candor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

MotownMadMan
I gotta ask....In your earlier reply using that Deuce as an Example,you stated <font color="green">"It appears all the interest generated may have awoke the Great Dragon of greed..."</font>
Was this Car you refer to the Fencl-Tufo DD,or are just a Coincedence on your choice of words?
Have you Found out anything on the DD?
I am being Sincere here.

MotownMadman
10-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Rick,
Just a coincidence of words, the car I was referring to was the Fathom Green Dik Watson Deuce that Jeff in Tennessee bought without knowing Dave had already made a deal. Once Jeff found out there was a deal he tried to turn the deal back over to Dave, which was a honorable thing to do. I am not sure if Jeff made it to SCR6 or not. I would like to extend an open apology to you for some of my remarks towards you in another thread, I just felt that while you may have personal issues towards another individual this board is not intended to be a place used for personal attacks. My resulting behavior was like living in a glass house and throwing stones. While individuals to this board may believe they are accomplishing something by using this board for personal attacks we must keep in mind by doing so it is not fair to the rest of the members here or the many who read this board who are not members. As for the DD, at the present time I prefer not to discuss this in an open forum, several members here are aware of the situation through off board discussions.
Thanks,
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Mr70
10-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Matt
Yes Jeff L. did make it to SCR6,and I did see him and the Deuce there.Both are very unique,and worth the trip alone to see.
I appreciate your Apology and also agree with your statement.Somethings are better left to Emails,and not on a Public Forum.
As for the DD,I understand...ixna on the eucda.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Interesting post, I do like my popcorn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I didn't know anything about this particular car, but the funny thing is, I have had similar situations with some of the people who are defending themselves here. Jude, why did you feel the need to tell 'Dustin' your opinion on the 'true' value of this car, what was your motive?

Matt, I don't see where the Belk situation is comparable here, there was no signed agreement to my knowledge. In fact, since several of us were on the sidelines on that one, we shouldn't be commenting at all - let those directly involved speak if they want to.

AutoInsane
10-27-2003, 03:06 PM
OK, more importantly, Kevin when do you expect to hear from Joel if the car is a real Motion or not? Excited to see if your risk paid off.

Sorry to see issues get in the midst of buying the car. C'est la vie.

LVCamaro
10-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Kevin,
I just noticed that you changed the name of this thread to "Not a Baldwin Car..." Did you mean to report that the Nova IS NOT a Baldwin, but IT IS a Motion car? Or, it is B-M car just not verified? Or...??? I'm sure you would have called Joel to verify before you finalized the purchase, so the thread name-change is confusing.

SS

MotownMadman
10-27-2003, 03:15 PM
Marlin,
Being what you refer to as an "Old Geezer", I came from a time when signed contracts werent needed, all that was needed was a mans word or a handshake. A deal is a deal, on paper or not. That is a done deal so commenting is not a problem, when peoiple should have stayed on the sidelines was when the deal was in progress so the rest of the world would not have known of the deal to interfere, dont you agree Marlin?
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
You are certainly entitled to your opinion on how others should buy/sell cars, but the only ones that really matter are those directly involved. I like the geezer method just as much as the next guy, but I've seen to many handshakes conveniently forgotten when someone else shows up with more green. So, in this 'modern' day, it's best to get in writing.

As for the Watson Deuce, there were a lot of callers, there was no deal until the cash changed hands. If the seller decides to increase his price, and there is nothing legally preventing him from doing so, then there is no recourse. You're a 'JD', so you already know about that stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

MotownMadman
10-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Marlin,
Unfortunetly what you say is true, from a legal standpoint a contract is the best method, but a verbal agreement is still an enforcable one, even though more difficult. Yes, I do know about this stuff, but lets excercise caution in that regard, Ok? Even with contracts it becomes difficult when conducting transactions across state lines are more difficult to enforce due to jurisdictional issues.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SuperCars
10-27-2003, 04:09 PM
LV Camaro-Steve, haven't documented it yet. The "Not a Baldwin Car, Not for sale" heading is sticking with my heading from the previous post (the now infamous yo-yo post) I made in Southern Calif. I was trying to keep the callers away by informing them that I was indeed buying it, "so it's not for sale" and not to be in a frenzy calling because it is not documented as a "Baldwin Car" which was yet to be done. It does look confusing as looking back up this thread I can see it depends on whether a person has clicked on a response to the original heading, or whether clicked on my changed heading as they transpire on down this thread.

But, I just got home yesterday, and haven't really left my computer, trying to represent myself over this car deal. I have not talked to Joel or communicated with him in months. I will not do so until I truly get the car in my possession. I've paid $4,500 and balance of $4,500 which I will wire when the parts of the car that are scattered over 3 different locations are gathered up, motor set in the engine compartment, and ready for shipment.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
10-27-2003, 04:33 PM
I agree, you should exercise caution when discussing Contract Law, the UCC is not to be taken lightly.

LVCamaro
10-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Gotcha!

I hear rumor that you're actually the "yo-yo". LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

BTW...I haven't heard from the new "forum cops" about this thread, as yet. Now that Marlin jumped in...we may be getting close to the admonishment zone. This may become the benchmark for future shock-awe-bash thread posts.

Seems like laundry day for the dirty hamper comes around every couple weeks, or so. Even as quickly as you moved on this Nova, you're a big, slow moving target. Jude, Shor, Charley, et al. just saw the need and opportunity to clarify their position on this topic, then reflect on past experiences as an example of their innocent role here.

In the spirit of peace/harmony on the forum...I'll send my trailer to pick up this "Not Baldwin" and thereby remove the discomfort you're feeling. You should have the check tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif.

SS

JChlupsa
10-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Closing this one folks. Seems that even after the sign agreement was posted and the thread started to go up-hill instead of down this morning it is headed south again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif If anyone has issues with others use other ways (I.E. phone, E-mail ETC.) If Dustin would like to post a reply he or his Girlfriend will have to contact one of the ADMIN or Moderators to open the thread for them to do so and then it will be closed agian after that repley is posted.

JChlupsa
10-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Reply from Dustin and company: I moved it after I closed the thread and saw he posted a reply that started a new thread.
------------------------------
Alright guys,
I understand that there has been some name calling and bitterness being put around on this website about Kevin and that he forced us to sell to him. It's crazy that I even have to do this because some people can not act like adults.
Listen, THE CAR HAS BEEN SOLD! The final agreement was made under confidentiality, between Dustin, his dad and Kevin.
WE DID NOT GET SCREWED OVER!
But thanks for looking out for us!
Jen and Dustin