PDA

View Full Version : 4WD GTO

GMH454
10-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Have not seen it yet but believe Holden stole the opening day of the Sydney Motor Show as usual, with a Monaro "Coupe 4". This is a 280 KW around 375 hp, four wheel drive Coupe.
A 4WD station wagon, based on the same platform, just went into production.
If demand is there they can do it. Unfortunatley the demand will have to come from you guys or the Arabs. Our sales of the GTO are now only running at 120-150 per month (unofficial from a personal media source )
PLEASE buy our cars.
Oh yeah....and keep those engines coming.

GMH454
10-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Saw the car on Friday night. Really is very nice. It was 270KW (approx 360hp ) and is scheduled for production. The 4WD platform is currently being produced so it can happen.
Don't think there are any plans to make any for the US but who knows ???
With 4WD this should be a real competitior for the Vette. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Chevy454
10-20-2003, 03:02 AM
Sounds like another cool GM car that we WON'T SEE on our shores. GM had better do something, as the new Ford GT and the Viper can whoop the piss out of the ZO6, and the Cobra is getting closer each year. And I'm not even gonna mention the Lightning or RT/10 versus the Siverado SS. And the "regular" Mustang and the retro Mustangs they are putting out aren't getting slower, either.

Sadly, I don't think the GTO is gonna be the savior they think it is, no matter how they try and sell it. Plus, they've basically priced it out of the market they were shooting for, and there's no way in HECK it can hang with the cars in it's similar price range. It's a shame GM has all those goodies and know how in the parts bin, but only limits them to the Ausi market.

I saw lately that you guys down under aren't gonna get the 427 (7.0L) Monaro(?) that was rumored for some time...bummer.

GMH454
11-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Sorry, had not seen reply. I think the handling of the Monaro will be the big surprise. I also think it is not a sports car wannabe that the Mustang is, Camaro was. The Viper has its own niche, and is just an image leader.

The GTO will be okay, but will not appeal to the US muscle car sort of guy, we actually had a lot of women buy em, instead of there 318 Bimmers.

That 4WD Monaro, ran a O to 60 of 6 secs......on gravel !!!

Yeah the 427s never happened only 2 got made, both used for racing. Had a 24 hr race last week they came 1,2. It was incredible to see them winding up over the last laps, set fastest times of race, in last laps, they just ran all over the Porsche Turbos, made them look like they were running VW engines.