PDA

View Full Version : Searching for used Vette dealer in Dallas(1970's)

Pantera
10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Does anyone remember a used Corvette dealer in Dallas Tx back in 1970's era. Ronnie Diamond
was his name. DBA = Diamond Motor Co. I would like to find this person if he is still alive. Does
anybody in the area have any info?

It seems that both of my Baldwin Motion Corvette's came through his used car dealership. I just
talked to the dealer that I got my first car from ('69) and it seems that he also got the car from
Ronnie. This was the first Phase III Baldwin Vette ever made.

Later on, back in 75 I bought my '70 Motion car from him, I remember his place as having around 20
to 30 Vettes & or muscle cars, on it all the time. He was a major player of used Vettes back then. I
always dropped by his place to see what he had on his lot, whenever I was in town to replenish my
own used Vette operation in Tulsa. (Super Cars)

Does anybody have a way to trace previous ownership in TX? I would like to find the previous
owner's names if I can, so I can understand how these two cars wound up in Dallas from NY? I have
the first part of the story on the '70 direct from the mouth of Joel Rosen owner of Motion.

The '70 car was bought by a Roger Lawler new. I have the history of how he bought it from Joel. His
son called Joel and said it was wrecked. All these years he thought it was totaled. It was only hit on
the L front and repaired. It was then sold it to ???? Diamond?? and I know he sold it to someone
and then traded back for it and sold it to me. (Thank goodness). I would love to put some names on
the blanks of these two Dealer built cars.

Any help would be greatly appeciated...!!

Pantera

Vettefinderjim
10-21-2003, 10:50 PM
You have a PM.
Jim